ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Guess the toneh's DIY mapping thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/960622-guess-the-tonehs-diy-mapping-thread.html)

john banks 14 January 2013 09:27 PM

Ignoring any of the crap from the other thread about widebands, and not reading about any issues you may have with the car preventing you turning it up to potential, if you want to get the most out of a TD05H-16G, here are two data points on cars I spent a lot of time on to squeeze out every last bit I could with a tune you could still drive hard without knock. I genuinely hope the info is useful. Both cars were excellent all rounders and genuinely quick, surprisingly and upsetting all sorts of machinery they shouldn't have. I hope the info gives you some reference points regarding this turbo when they were first experimented with as front entry in the UK working with Andy Forrest (he did 369 BHP on his RA) on two MY00 UK turbos on reflashed stock ECUs, albeit from 2003 but should still be relevant today.

Car 1: At 1.5 bar at about 6000 RPM, 358 BHP with NF, without headers.

Car 2: At 1.25 bar at about 6000 RPM, 341 BHP without NF, with headers.

dynamix 15 January 2013 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by toneh (Post 10925730)
Lol
01 bug wrx
Td05 16g
Sti up pipe
3 inch catless
Modded injectors 730cc
255 pump
Tgv deletes
DIY turbo inlet
Fmic , with reverse manifold
Water / meth injection 50/ 50
Carberry mafless , mapped by me

Pretty standard mods , I'll buy winner a Scooby clinic mug
I've genuinely no idea but be happy with 300

to get 260 (which i presume was 259 in reality) there is more to it than just boost levels imho. Especially when adding in your water/meth mix fmic and other mods .. Realistically i would say most pro mappers would be aiming at 340 + as a proper result on this. Not knocking your mapping skills Tony but trying to find the real reasons. If fueling is in the right area then even with that boost it should be higher...

what headers have you got on ?

MDS_WRX 15 January 2013 08:26 AM

Might be your favourite toyosport ones Duncan ;)

dynamix 15 January 2013 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by MDS_WRX (Post 10946014)
Might be your favourite toyosport ones Duncan ;)

Thats what I am thinking tbh

SiHethers 16 January 2013 07:11 AM

Toneh

It would be useful to see your graphs, don't be shy :)

FWIW if your modified injectors are anything like mine, the fuel flow with increasing pulse width and duty will not be linear, so don't expect it to be. If you're running your water injection, it will lose you power unless you run it a lot leaner than 0.75, and you will need to take advantage of the added knock resistance with the timing map. As such it will be easier for you just to leave it off as you're feeling your way through the mapping process

dynamix 22 January 2013 08:05 AM

Are you putting the graphs up Tone ?