ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Raceland Coilovers feedback and possible Group buy..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/867928-raceland-coilovers-feedback-and-possible-group-buy.html)

ScoobyForLife27 26 July 2011 12:27 PM

Hi guys. Would these be better setup than standard shocks and Tein S-Tech springs I'm running at the moment ? I mean mainly handling, because I'm not very happy from handling on Teins.
Cheers

ScoobyForLife27 26 July 2011 12:28 PM

Hi guys. Would these be better setup than standard shocks and Tein S-Tech springs I'm running at the moment ? I mean mainly handling, because I'm not very happy from handling on Teins.
Cheers

Rob Day 26 July 2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyForLife27 (Post 10154280)
Cheers

Im not familular with Tein Sprins, but at the end of the day its not just the shocks and springs that aid your car to go round corners. You need to be looking at other areas to such as

front and rear ARB, front and rear droplinks, maybe antilift kit blah blah... these are on my shopping list :D

ScoobyForLife27 26 July 2011 03:11 PM

Hi Rob. Yes, I know that :-) I've already got Whiteline rear droplinks and 22mm ARB but was wondering if swapping for these coilovers will improve handling even more ?
Oh, would these fit classic ?
Cheers

Rob Day 26 July 2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyForLife27 (Post 10154511)
Hi Rob. Yes, I know that :-) I've already got Whiteline rear droplinks and 22mm ARB but was wondering if swapping for these coilovers will improve handling even more ?
Oh, would these fit classic ?
Cheers

Not too sure on the Classic fitment, try emailing Phl direct and ask, but Im sure the front go on but cannot be 100% certain, and I havent the foggiest about the rears.

I also cannot comment on the handling with the coilovers, as they arnt very common, so finding people running them for feedback is difficult. Ask Tom^^ above, he had them on his classic by the looks of it ;)

Rob

ScoobyForLife27 26 July 2011 05:26 PM

Ok. Thank You Rob. I'll contact him.

lief 13 August 2011 04:30 PM

hi rob!
are your racelands not rattling then? i'm wondering if its worth me trying to get them to send me new top mounts? its that or find some uprated bearings but i don't know where i'd get them from?

thanks

Lief.

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 10151328)
Its is just that, if you have the funds then buy a branded version, but if you were like me at the time, having an engine replaced and uprating quite a lot of other things, then I could not justify spending a grand on some branded ones. The Racelands on mine are not as Lief desrcibes, but they are not quiet by no standards, but having said that im yet to ride in a car that has no noise :Suspiciou

Not True, if they were cheap and nasty they would have been destroyed at Grudgement but they took it considering my set up is far from right at the moment.The quality of the product is good, and in regards to some people saying "last thing you want it them snapping" well I hit a large bump the other day that launched my car up in the air and severly buckeld my whee and knocked the tracking outl, fortunatly no damage to the coilover :luxhello:

Conclusion - For £300 they are spot on, if you have high expectations then keep away, but if you want to lower the car, and/or make the ride stiffer then happy days. If you serious about competition then save up and get some Branded ones.

Rob Day 13 August 2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by lief (Post 10184035)
hi rob!
are your racelands not rattling then? i'm wondering if its worth me trying to get them to send me new top mounts? its that or find some uprated bearings but i don't know where i'd get them from?

thanks

Lief.

I wouldnt say "rattling", there is a small noise coming from them, but its to be expected with coilovers. The noise is drowned anyway by either the exhaust, turbo chatter or my screaming kids in the back :lol1:

Abbylad 13 August 2011 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by lief (Post 10184035)
hi rob!

thanks

Lief.

Bren@apex will be able to sort some top mounts out for you i'm sure. When i discovered my cusco top mounts were shot i was gonna get replacements from apex as the measurements were exactly the same but i ended up going all the way and getting a full apex setup instead. The top mounts weren't badly priced, about £100 a pair-ish, if you let them know all the measurements they'll let you know theirs and you'll know if they'll fit

sti 360 17 September 2011 06:51 PM

Tom 46
Sad he had them and his car is a classic

ScoobyForLife27 17 September 2011 08:12 PM

Does anybody else run these on a Classic ?

Rob Day 17 September 2011 08:26 PM

My car is breaking if anyone wants a set ;)

Rob

krisando 27 September 2011 09:08 PM

How much you after for them?

Rob Day 27 September 2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by krisando (Post 10257198)
How much you after for them?

https://www.scoobynet.com/full-cars-...available.html

Rob Day 30 September 2011 03:39 PM

My Coilovers are still available guys if anyone is interested?