ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Forced body x-ray scans at airports starting next week, (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/812474-forced-body-x-ray-scans-at-airports-starting-next-week.html)

cster 29 January 2010 07:58 PM

Being a Muslim defines your religion, not your race unless I have been missing something my whole life.

+Doc+ 29 January 2010 08:09 PM

Any pictures showing what these body scanners actually show? Female preferably. ;)

RA Dunk 29 January 2010 08:32 PM

Now I see why people witha da small weiner are panicking, get yer tots oot :lol1:

body scanner images - Google Search

+Doc+ 29 January 2010 08:36 PM

http://justgetthere.us/blog/uploads/...y-scanners.jpg
NSFW!
Lordy

RA Dunk 29 January 2010 08:38 PM

Nice set of boobies BTW :lol1:

GC8WRX 29 January 2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by HOWY (Post 9189854)
Richard Reid, also known as Abdul Raheem and Tariq Raja, was born a British citizen in Bromley, South London,[1] to Leslie Hughes, who was of white English descent, and Colvin Robin Reid, whose father was a Jamaican immigrant of African descent.

He aint white, have you seen his picture, he looks like hes from the helmand province!

plus also known as abdul raheem and tariq raja kind of puts him out of the picture lol!

next............

rbaz 29 January 2010 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by +Doc+ (Post 9190085)

How do you get the job :norty:

Seriously tho who cares about that? Once you have seen one and all that.

Surely this will save time and privacy having a personal pat down at the check in :wonder:

cster 30 January 2010 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 9190306)
How do you get the job :norty:

Seriously tho who cares about that? Once you have seen one and all that.

Surely this will save time and privacy having a personal pat down at the check in :wonder:

That's true.
I mean let's face it - the people who touch you up are never fit members of the opposite sex.
The invasion of privacy argument doesn't hold up when compared to pat downs does it?

RobJenks 30 January 2010 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 9186256)
The radiation dose from one of these machines is incredibly low, so unless you were going through one every day there is no additional risk to your health. In fact, you receive a far larger annual dose from naturally occurring radiation than you do from anything man made, unless you have been undergoing medical treatment.

That doesn't mean that the scanners are a good idea though - it is widely recognised that this is just another of GB's knee jerk reactions, made without considering the full implications (such as the fact that airport workers have to be searched every day, so can't be subject to the scans).

They said that about the scanners in shoe shops in the 50's . Children died of cancer as a result of the use of these machines. NO radiation is safe -period.

RobJenks 30 January 2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 9188661)
I like that, and that would normally be my position too. However I think we have to analyze what has happened in the past and learn from it better - even at the expense of 'PC'. Purveyors of security must use that knowledge intelligently to protect all of us from Islamic terrorists (they blow up fellow Muslims on a daily basis too - so its in all decent human beings' interest, whatever their religion).

This may mean that you do not waste too much valuable security time on white, blue eyed British toddlers going by the surname Jones travelling with a reddish dad in a Kiss Me Quick hat!!! History shows (to the best of my recollection) that 99% of recent terrorists have actually conformed to the Islamic terrorist stereotype. That may mean its common sense in 'having more security interest' in similar looking people. Is that prejudice and racism or simply a measured intelligent response to fact?

Uncomfortable innit!

D

Spot on ! But I think its 99.99%

urban 30 January 2010 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 9190150)
He aint white, have you seen his picture, he looks like hes from the helmand province!

plus also known as abdul raheem and tariq raja kind of puts him out of the picture lol!

next............

No - definately not white.
Wouldn't look out of place with a kalashnikov

urban 30 January 2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9189361)
Yeah, it's called a Husband :D

Ultravibe pleasure 2000 :D