ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Ronaldo the Transfer thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/695401-ronaldo-the-transfer-thread.html)

STi wanna Subaru 07 August 2008 10:28 AM

I think Fergie handled the whole situation brilliantly. Look at MON on how not to handle the situation.

ash1 07 August 2008 11:25 AM

fergie handled it brillianty ? i dont think so, we know who's in control here and its not the manager or the club. Lets face it the lads got a massive ego, and will go at the end of the season.

fergie is full of BS, said he had his head turned by the money, got nothing to do with it.

STi wanna Subaru 07 August 2008 11:36 AM

Ash you're clearly gutted as this definitely means Liverpool are at best going for 3rd place.

pauld37 07 August 2008 02:08 PM

So Fergie will let him rot in the reserves as he first stated?

STi wanna Subaru 07 August 2008 02:18 PM

He never said that. He said the owners would rather see him in the stands than sold to Madrid. Still that doesn't sui the agenda of the press or opposing fans.

ash1 07 August 2008 03:47 PM

couldnt care about Ronnie, he's out til October and probably wont bother trying that hard as he wants to play in the famous white of madrid. Its a bit like handing in your notice and coasting until you leave.

Didn't Ronnie blank whisky breath when he went to see him at the Euro's or is that more paper talk ?

STi wanna Subaru 07 August 2008 03:59 PM

Keep telling yourself that Ash. Another season of anger for you as you watch Chelsea and United battle it out for the Prem.

Paper talk of course. Fergie was happily getting drunk in the south of France.

Funkii Munkii 07 August 2008 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 8054094)
I think Fergie handled the whole situation brilliantly. Look at MON on how not to handle the situation.

I agree that he handled himself and the club very well during this period, but I also believe he has given Ronaldo some sort of incentive to stay another season, i.e. I will sell you at the end of next season.

Most of the Utd fans at last nights bore draw were of the same opinion, great that he's staying but why take so long to come out with it. At least he has admitted it was all his doing, "I was responsible for all this controversy,"
No you dont say Ronnie :rolleyes:

ash1 07 August 2008 10:22 PM

cant blame him for wanting to play for one of greatest clubs of all times. 9 times winners of the EC against your pitiful 3. I know what I'd do, play in the white of madrid.

pauld37 08 August 2008 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 8054521)
He never said that. He said the owners would rather see him in the stands than sold to Madrid.

:wonder: He isn't being sold to Madrid, he wants to go, so he will sit in the stands :confused: or have they changed their minds :Whatever_ knowing they are a one man team

STi wanna Subaru 08 August 2008 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 8055872)
:wonder: He isn't being sold to Madrid, he wants to go, so he will sit in the stands :confused: or have they changed their minds :Whatever_ knowing they are a one man team

What is so hard to understand about that statement. It was purely a statement of intent from United to anybody who thought there was a chance to buy Ronaldo. He's not for sale.

you lot are as bad as the Sun and star. Looking for anything you can to twist it because you're **** scared of what Ronaldo can do... and rightly so.

ash1 08 August 2008 10:05 AM

lets face it he's two faced, I thought Owen was a toe rag, but this guys taken the p1ss all summer.

anyway, saga over until next summer.

STi wanna Subaru 08 August 2008 10:09 AM

He's admitted he was a ****. fair dos. All I'm bothered about is on the pitch. The rest I don't care about. football is all bollox these days anyway.

Funkii Munkii 08 August 2008 10:23 AM

=pauld37;8055872 knowing they are a one man team
Sometimes one wonders if Ashley is hacking your login

STi wanna Subaru 08 August 2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8056101)

It just shows to me that they're running scared again FM. :thumb:

ash1 08 August 2008 11:29 AM

not scared, just running bored. been hearing grumblings from Man.Ure fans about lack of strike options, rooney not consistent enough, ronnie out for a while, saha injury prone. think you're kind of kidding yourselves that all is well.

jasey 08 August 2008 01:12 PM

Slaveboy's staying on for another season.

Can someone lock this thread until the end of the season :).

DJ Dunk 08 August 2008 01:48 PM

Or at least until January ;)

pauld37 08 August 2008 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8056101)

:mad: Thats slander!