ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why do you hate Subaru dealers? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/128514-why-do-you-hate-subaru-dealers.html)

speedking 12 September 2002 09:29 AM

[still off topic] :)

MLCS: One of the icons above this post is 'profile'. Click on this and e-mail address may be present (mine is).

I have a scan of the blue paper if you want me to mail to you?

[/still off topic]

X2WRX 12 September 2002 06:09 PM

Alan

From the tone of your posts, I detect a severe distrust of dealers.
Give me a call on 07831 684088 and I see if there is anything I can help you with.
Can't promise anything , but I will try.

Ian
Stan Palmer Ltd

alanjack 12 September 2002 06:29 PM

It would be foolish to speak with you Ian as my problems aren't yours.
It's a shame you end up being slightly tarred with the same brush because 75% of other dealers are so so bad.
What I suggest is for IM and the dealerships they "think" they control to have one big meeting and TALK TO EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
The communication levels are none exsistent.
I know this first hand,
I had dealings with IM and 10 weeks later they were getting around to addressing my issues with the dealer in question, now, 5 weeks on I still have heard nothing.
Cracking customer care that is.
You are right Ian, I think of ANY dealership they way they think of me, crap.

midlife-crisis-scooby 12 September 2002 10:48 PM

Hi Speedking

Again aplogies for this post which is off topic.

I tried "profile" which gave me my e-mail but not yours.

I have a really old address of shaun.whitehead@man.ac.uk which will forward to me but gives no clues as to my new abode.

Thanx again

Midlife.....

Andrewza 12 September 2002 11:56 PM

Currently on my second scooby and for the most part pretty happy, first purchase turned up in a hire car (car I was using just written off, someone drove head on into it), pointed out the MY00 wagon I was interested in, taken for test drive with salesmen (since I was 22), loved it, came back, put deposit down and picked it up the next weekend. Came to pick it up, had a cracked indicator lense, salesman was suprised, but it was booked in for a tracker to be fitted so they said they'd fix it then, sure enough tracker fitted and indicator fixed (no charge).

Always had it serviced at same dealer, only trouble I ever had was shortly before I got rid of it and the lambda sensor was on it's way out (I found out later), their attitude was the ECU was reporting nothing wrong and it wouldn't hesitate for them so drive it until CEL came on. Surely enough the CEL did come on, early morning of the SIDC dono day, which meant I didn't go as I didn't want to do 300 miles not knowing what was wrong :(

Took it in the day after, diagnosed as lambda sensor from select monitor. Only trouble was when I picked it up, went into showroom and asked to test drive an STi7, was told I'd have to be accompanied (fair enough, still only 23), then salesman came back, had me sign for car and handed me keys and said I didn't need to be accompanied as I was an existing customer, returned 45mins later with a grin on my face and got figures for buying a blue/black one in the showroom, returned that afternoon and signed paperwork, picked up friday :D

All in all, mostly happy apart from them not being able to find the source of my hesitation problem until the CEL light came one, which to me sounded like 'drive it till it breaks and we'll see what went wrong', in the end I handed the car over as trade-in broken lambda and all. So if you bought a W***BHJ DBM wagon from a dealer in colchester with ~27K miles, hope they fixed it before you got it ;)

speedking 13 September 2002 08:38 AM

MLCS: click on the icon on one of my posts.

e-mail is
scooby@spzzeebzee.dezmozn.coz.zzuk
without any zzz's.