ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   EU Referendum (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1035248-eu-referendum.html)

Turbohot 01 June 2016 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere? (Post 11840559)
Airbus in the UK only make the wings and is only really in the UK due to workshare agreements when BAE Systems owned a stake in Airbus. Since BAE sold their stake back to Airbus, there has been a lot of pressure to move production back to France or Germany, but due to the large investments in carbon fiber composite technologies in the UK facilities, so far they've decided to keep it there.

Officially, Airbus say they won't pull out of the UK following brexit, and its unlikely they will move the satellite business (Airbus DS), but the wing production may well be moved, particularly as the German Bremen site is currently short of work.

Yes, we'll see what happens.

warrenm2 02 June 2016 10:43 AM

Wonder how accurate this is?

http://pressreleases.responsesource....xit-are-we-in/

dpb 02 June 2016 11:19 AM

The Twattosphere ?!
How accurate are social forums by and large ?

warrenm2 02 June 2016 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11840887)
The Twattosphere ?!
How accurate are social forums by and large ?

I see your point, but I also believe there could be an element of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom_of_the_crowd

350000 is a lot of data points

madscoob 02 June 2016 01:22 PM

If you don’t understand what all the fuss is about. Here is the EU put simply.
A son goes to his Dad having saved up some money from his weekend job.
Son “ Dad I’ve saved up £350 pounds to buy the new laptop I need for my college course”
Dad “Well done son, give the money to me and I’ll help you”
Son “Ok now what?”
Dad “I will allow you £185 pounds back less my handling fee of £5 so £180 which you may only spend on a new phone”
Son “But I need a laptop!”
Dad “No, we’ve decided you can only buy a phone and you may only buy a phone from Germany and it must be pink. You must also source the phone within 2 days otherwise I will not release the money”
Son “But it’s my money!”
Dad “I’m afraid you are a member of this family and you must contribute to everyone else’s needs. I will decide how the money is spent”
Son “So what happens to the £165?”
Dad “Well your sister needs a new dress”
Son “She has already had many new dresses”
Dad “We’ve put it to the vote and I’m afraid you’re outvoted”
Son “But I need a laptop to continue my course!”
Dad “My decision is final”
Son “But that’s not fair, will I ever have a say in how my money is spent”
Dad “No, and by the way we’ve got a couple more people moving into your room and you’ll have to pay for their keep”
Son “Well I’m leaving then”
Dad “Don’t be like that lad, we need your money. And if you leave you won’t be able to buy a pink phone from Germany you’ll have to buy one here instead”
Son “I NEED A LAPTOP!” sums it up pretty well

andy97 02 June 2016 01:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is telegraph survey with 300k+ votes. Pretty much mirrors all online surveys of around 70% in favour of leaving including scoobynets own.. Ratio 2 to 1

I believe there is no pressure at all in revealing your opinion online. But people are wary when talking to strangers/phone polls, about voting preferences

This is from a pro remain reporter in a left wing newspaper. He bangs on about the remain but the comments from this papers readers tells a different story of the under currents of feelings in this country. also see the percentage in their poll

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...s-lies-8079265

Martin2005 02 June 2016 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11840969)
This is telegraph survey with 300k+ votes. Pretty much mirrors all online surveys of around 70% in favour of leaving including scoobynets own.. Ratio 2 to 1

I believe there is no pressure at all in revealing your opinion online. But people are wary when talking to strangers/phone polls, about voting preferences

Around 50% of Scoobynet also went for UKIP at the last election. How did that end up?

Martin2005 02 June 2016 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11840967)
If you don’t understand what all the fuss is about. Here is the EU put simply.
A son goes to his Dad having saved up some money from his weekend job.
Son “ Dad I’ve saved up £350 pounds to buy the new laptop I need for my college course”
Dad “Well done son, give the money to me and I’ll help you”
Son “Ok now what?”
Dad “I will allow you £185 pounds back less my handling fee of £5 so £180 which you may only spend on a new phone”
Son “But I need a laptop!”
Dad “No, we’ve decided you can only buy a phone and you may only buy a phone from Germany and it must be pink. You must also source the phone within 2 days otherwise I will not release the money”
Son “But it’s my money!”
Dad “I’m afraid you are a member of this family and you must contribute to everyone else’s needs. I will decide how the money is spent”
Son “So what happens to the £165?”
Dad “Well your sister needs a new dress”
Son “She has already had many new dresses”
Dad “We’ve put it to the vote and I’m afraid you’re outvoted”
Son “But I need a laptop to continue my course!”
Dad “My decision is final”
Son “But that’s not fair, will I ever have a say in how my money is spent”
Dad “No, and by the way we’ve got a couple more people moving into your room and you’ll have to pay for their keep”
Son “Well I’m leaving then”
Dad “Don’t be like that lad, we need your money. And if you leave you won’t be able to buy a pink phone from Germany you’ll have to buy one here instead”
Son “I NEED A LAPTOP!” sums it up pretty well

More meaningless twaddle

markjmd 02 June 2016 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11840982)
Around 50% of Scoobynet also went for UKIP at the last election. How did that end up?

They got over 3.5 million votes. Don't forget, no PR in a referendum ;)

Martin2005 02 June 2016 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11840985)
They got over 3.5 million votes. Don't forget, no PR in a referendum ;)

Yes 3.5 million not the 15 million SN would of suggested

markjmd 02 June 2016 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11840987)
Yes 3.5 million not the 15 million SN would of suggested

No, but I'm pretty sure there weren't wider online polls showing 70% support for UKIP back then, which there are for now for leaving the EU.

Martin2005 02 June 2016 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11840995)
No, but I'm pretty sure there weren't wider online polls showing 70% support for UKIP back then, which there are for now for leaving the EU.

Self selecting online polls can be very misleading though (as I'm sure you know)

The real polls show this as very close, and ultimately I think this is going to be all about turnout. Low turnout, Leave has a great chance, High turnout, Remain will probably win

SJ_Skyline 02 June 2016 03:16 PM

Depends on which poll you look at as to what the result is so is it better to consider a selection of them?
http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/eu-referendum

andy97 02 June 2016 10:44 PM

Cameron was found wanting tonight and basically dis-believed by the public.

warrenm2 03 June 2016 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11841175)
Cameron was found wanting tonight and basically dis-believed by the public.

Pretty hostile reaction by the audience. His answers were repeating "Stronger economy in EU" whatever the question. He didnt deal with the first immigration question at all well. Clear fudging

dpb 03 June 2016 08:39 AM

Turkey wont be joining anytime some , that one ??

warrenm2 03 June 2016 10:14 AM

For those that missed it...

Turbohot 03 June 2016 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 11841252)
For those that missed it...

David Cameron - 'EU: In Or Out?' - YouTube

Thanks, I'm one of them who missed it.

On the News, it looks that Camo did quite poor tbh. Our Hodgy would have done much better.

Turbohot 03 June 2016 10:46 AM

I think Camo ought to up his game if he really wants the 'in' to win. He ought to exhibit himself as more driven and genuine on the issue; as opposed to all slimy, dithery and false. Otherwise, his 'most corrupt' childish reputation will be a compulsive flashback to the public, as soon as he starts to do his NLP coach directed performance on the stage. Otherwise, as a kid said from her sofa on the News today, the more he bangs about 'in', in his own ridiculous ways, the more people would want to vote 'out', just because they hate the moron.

andy97 03 June 2016 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11841264)
I think Camo ought to up his game if he really wants the 'in' to win. He ought to exhibit himself as more driven and genuine on the issue; as opposed to all slimy, dithery and false. Otherwise, his 'most corrupt' childish reputation will be a compulsive flashback to the public, as soon as he starts to do his NLP coach directed performance on the stage. Otherwise, as a kid said from her sofa on the News today, the more he bangs about 'in', in his own ridiculous ways, the more people would want to vote 'out', just because they hate the moron.

Its too late for Cameron, everyone was turned off by his fantastic doom predictions. Then came the huge laughter from the audience when WW3 was mentioned.

Pretty much slapped down when a young student said she knows 'waffling' when she hears it.

He dodge every immigration point, the audience knew it, the country watched it.

hodgy0_2 03 June 2016 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11841262)
. Our Hodgy would have done much better.

lol, thanks but I very much doubt it tbh

I simply don't have that much unwavering self belief and lack of critical introspection to pull it off

Turbohot 03 June 2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11841282)
lol, thanks but I very much doubt it tbh

I simply don't have that much unwavering self belief and lack of critical introspection to pull it off

I'm just glad that the Labourer Chuka Umunna remained a back-bencher or he could have been up on the stage (at the opposition's turn, of course), throwing his toys out of his pram and shouting to that Eng. Lit. student- "Look, you've made me cry! :cry: I can't handle it, CBA and I'm out of here!" and walked out! :lol1:

Martin2005 03 June 2016 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11841288)
I'm just glad that the Labourer Chuka Umunna remained a back-bencher or he could have been up on the stage (at the opposition's turn, of course), throwing his toys out of his pram and shouting to that Eng. Lit. student- "Look, you've made me cry! :cry: I can't handle it, CBA and I'm out of here!" and walked out! :lol1:

It's difficult to feel much sympathy for a politician being on the wrong end of someone's 30 seconds of fame. The 'waffling' comment was a nice soundbite, but clearly she was going to say that to whatever Cameron said.

Politician struck down by soundbite, has a nice ring of irony to it:lol1:

Turbohot 03 June 2016 11:41 AM

BTW, regardless, you would have talked substantially as opposed to talking like a mixed up fool (referring to Mr. C) on the public stage.

neil-h 03 June 2016 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11841290)
It's difficult to feel much sympathy for a politician being on the wrong end of someone's 30 seconds of fame. The 'waffling' comment was a nice soundbite, but clearly she was going to say that to whatever Cameron said.

English lit student in trying to look clever in front of a crowd shocker. What ever next :lol:

dpb 03 June 2016 11:46 AM

One up from sociology I suppose :rolleyes:

Turbohot 03 June 2016 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11841290)

LOL yeah. :D But Mr. Umunna would have put up much better entertainment, though. The guy is just not fit to be a politician because he's not thick-skinned enough to take slating. Labour would never have won any election for next 50 years as the punishment from public, if it were him on the stage! :lol1:

Martin2005 03 June 2016 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11841301)
LOL yeah. :D But Mr. Umunna would have put up much better entertainment, though. The guy is just not fit to be a politician because he's not thick-skinned enough to take slating. Labour would never have won any election for next 50 years as the punishment from public, if it were him on the stage! :lol1:

I'm sensing that you're not a fan:)

Turbohot 03 June 2016 11:52 AM

To be fair, that Eng. Lit. student has done no damage to C's credibility, her stint was only tomorrow's chip paper. C has done deliberate self harm by himself; on the issue. He should have presented his case with substance and conviction, but they were missing.

Martin2005 03 June 2016 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11841304)
To be fair, that Eng. Lit. student has done no damage to C's credibility, her stint was only tomorrow's chip paper. C has done deliberate self harm by himself; on the issue. He should have presented his case with substance and conviction, but they were missing.

The arguments he put forward on the economy are/were compelling and should be listened to and answered by the Leave side.

He's on shaky ground on immigration because of the stupid pledge he made before the last election