ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Immigration it's bad for the UK officially (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/678625-immigration-its-bad-for-the-uk-officially.html)

PeteBrant 03 April 2008 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 7781795)
So, do you think that illegal immigration costs us nothing?

I didn't say that.

davegtt 03 April 2008 10:55 AM

Pete, dont argue with idiots, you'll only lose through experience ;)

Leslie 03 April 2008 11:00 AM

Of course this country is overcrowded, and the last thing we would want is to have all our green space covered in concrete and conurbations full of flats with tiny gardens and nowhere to park. Roads permanently nose to tail, pollution that the country could not deal with etc. Part of the charm of this country is its open spaces and beautiful countryside and I for one would not wish to lose all that just because it is all part of this egregious government trying to essentially buy even more votes!

The NHS can't cope with our own citizens let alone all the extra ones, whose numbers the government does not even know anyway! Education has gone down the tubes, children can hardly communicate now let alone read and write when they leave school now. The Schools have so many different languages to try to deal with that they can't manage properly either.

You really must have a very blinkered attitude to the effects of all this. We know the economic side is effectively worthless now-officially, even if Flash who is equally blinkered still wants to import more votes of course! We have been lied to and mislead for eleven years now-why should we believe a word of what they tell us any more?

Les :(

Paul3446 03 April 2008 11:09 AM

Don't worry Les, we'll only need 59,000 new houses for immigrants in the next 17 years, and as Pete says, we're not even remotely overcrowded, so we'll be absolutely fine. And public services aren't stretched, so the influx shouldn't cause any issues at all really.

I don't know why I was getting so worried! :)

PeteBrant 03 April 2008 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 7781824)
Don't worry Les, we'll only need 59,000 new houses for immigrants in the next 17 years, and as Pete says, we're not even remotely overcrowded, so we'll be absolutely fine. And public services aren't stretched, so the influx shouldn't cause any issues at all really.

I don't know why I was getting so worried! :)

I did say I think we need a full independant revie as to what the full effect of immigration is, didn't I?

Paul3446 03 April 2008 11:37 AM

Yes, because the thought of making your own mind up without statistics is so terrifying! :lol1:

PeteBrant 03 April 2008 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7781808)
Of course this country is overcrowded, and the last thing we would want is to have all our green space covered in concrete and conurbations full of flats with tiny gardens and nowhere to park. Roads permanently nose to tail, pollution that the country could not deal with etc. Part of the charm of this country is its open spaces and beautiful countryside and I for one would not wish to lose all that just because it is all part of this egregious government trying to essentially buy even more votes!

I think thi sis possibly a little extreme, Les. I think we have some way to go before we cover all our greenlands.

It has nothing to do with buying votes, if you read what I posted previously it is all to do with required level of tax revenue.
[QUOTE=Leslie;7781808
The NHS can't cope with our own citizens let alone all the extra ones, whose numbers the government does not even know anyway! Education has gone down the tubes, children can hardly communicate now let alone read and write when they leave school now. The Schools have so many different languages to try to deal with that they can't manage properly either.
[/quote]

Schools and hospitals patently can cope with it because education standards (in the form of exam results) and NHS performance in terms of waiting times have gotten better and better.

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7781808)
You really must have a very blinkered attitude to the effects of all this. We know the economic side is effectively worthless now-officially, even if Flash who is equally blinkered still wants to import more votes of course! We have been lied to and mislead for eleven years now-why should we believe a word of what they tell us any more?

I don't buy the importing votes argument - EU migrants cannot vote in general elections.
And only migrants from outside the EU from Commonwealth countries can vote at all.

PeteBrant 03 April 2008 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 7781890)
Yes, because the thought of making your own mind up without statistics is so terrifying! :lol1:

Passing judgement on an issue without being possesion of the facts is something I try to avoid, yes.

You should try it sometime ;)

Paul3446 03 April 2008 11:44 AM

No thanks, I'll stick to using my own judgement, the facts available and common sense, rather than believing what the government want me to believe.:thumb:

Especially as they are shown to be liars, again and again.