ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Crafty/sneaky coppers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/406828-crafty-sneaky-coppers.html)

Jye 02 March 2005 08:02 PM

MIcky, go wash a car m8.

Jye 02 March 2005 08:03 PM

Jap2Scrap, I take back everything I've said about you :D

screwdriver 06 March 2005 12:11 AM

I am struggling to see why anyone on this forum sees this as an us vs. them, bikes vs. cars thing. Surely we are all fighting for the same cause.

Anyone reading this really "hate" the sound of a highly tuned motor singing through a fruity exhaust? Why are you here? Do you want to make it that easy for emissions regulations to reduce exhaust volume to the level of a silent fart?

Stupidly loud exhausts mean mine are still "acceptable" but it is a slippery slope and levels never go up...

Dinky number plates are cool. Get caught though and you'll get a fine. OK. But I personally don't want MY police force to specifically TARGET this misdemenour at the expense of catching at least one of the last three burglars to visit my home.

Give an inch, lose a mile. I am happy to fight for that inch even if it only serves to maintain the status quo.

If we quietly accept ever more rigid construction and use rules, eventually even painting your car will be a "crime" and we'll end up with number plates visible from space or transponders up our arses.

I don't want a goddamned databased policing system to process me while some thieving, dole cashing, scumbag car thief plays skittles with pedestrians and walks away because the machines and cameras can't handle practical lawbreaking and PC Plod has been replaced by PC Windows.

Screwd.

Bravo2zero_sps 07 March 2005 11:51 PM

Well I went back to the bike early today and guess what - they were out again in exactly the same place doing it all over again :mad: I even saw them with a tape measure measuring up a plate on a vfr 400. The fcukers, if its not that obvious to the eye that its illegal and they have to measure it to check then how fcuking desperate are they to nick bikers and issue fines :mad: :mad: :mad: Didn't have time to go and 'have a word' as I was late for an appointment which annoyed me as I was chomping at the bit to go and let loose verbally on what they were doing.

Crafty sneaky cash desperate fcuking jobsworths. As I didn't have time to confront them I am writing a letter to head of City Police, they can not be allowed to continue to target bike parks in this manner :mad:

StickyMicky 08 March 2005 06:54 AM

have you changed your plate yet?

Leslie 08 March 2005 12:19 PM

Sticky M,

If you know that your rear light was working when you started your journey because you had checked it, then you have not broken the law if it fails on you during the journey. If you write to the coppers and tell them that it may do you some good.

Les

brybusa 08 March 2005 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by **************
Well I went back to the bike early today and guess what - they were out again in exactly the same place doing it all over again :mad: I even saw them with a tape measure measuring up a plate on a vfr 400. The fcukers, if its not that obvious to the eye that its illegal and they have to measure it to check then how fcuking desperate are they to nick bikers and issue fines :mad: :mad: :mad: Didn't have time to go and 'have a word' as I was late for an appointment which annoyed me as I was chomping at the bit to go and let loose verbally on what they were doing.

Crafty sneaky cash desperate fcuking jobsworths. As I didn't have time to confront them I am writing a letter to head of City Police, they can not be allowed to continue to target bike parks in this manner :mad:

That is damn out of order , im sure if the plod targetted some scooby meet time after time,giving out "free MOT's" the rant on here would last several pages..

Leslie 10 March 2005 12:37 PM

I don't know whether a bit of publicity in the local press might embarass them B2Z. I would have been sorely tempted to give them a bit of verbal stick for that!

That really is OTT-in Spades!

Les