ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WR1 for sale £39,995 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/360080-wr1-for-sale-39-995-a.html)

scoobynutta555 10 September 2004 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Edcase
I thought the WRC vents were actually counterproductive on a TMIC car???

The cold air goes in the radiator, the hot air escapes from the top of the bonnet and then directly into the scoop and the TMIC!!! :eek:

I didn't say which vents they should have. I'm sure the vents on the classics aren't counter productive.

scooby L 10 September 2004 01:30 PM

They would have to be located on each side (like the classics)

But side bonnet vents on the new-age would look a bit Max Power...

Dazza's-STi 10 September 2004 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Conrad_Bradley
Dazza, it was pretty amazing m8 tbh, I have road raced bikes for a couple of years and my STi 8 was like driving a 4 wheeled bike :D So Addictive and the noise or howl in third gear was just amazing. If you've just got the TSL set-up (and I have also been out in there car) then the difference is night and day. Get yourself a FMIC, injectors, induction set-up and a bigger Turbo ;)

And your offer is... meet you where... be my guest.... Oooh not past 6k...

that'l do nicely sir...:idea:

No honestly the difference simply wasn't like you'd really notice it.. it maybe felt a little better than my PPP pulled to the redline better but even with a leap from mine into the 333 it didn't have that sheeeeeeeeeeeet this is quick feeling...

I've been hoping to have a comparison ride in a 360bhp + weapon to see "if like i said" is worth the engine mods and $$$$ it needs...
From investigations it looks like it would be possible to get some signifcant gains for £6k that turbo injectors IC and mapping....

A visit to scooby clinic for the fitting and Mr Bulmer or someone of his creed to set it up... :notworthy

Dazza

Dazza's-STi 10 September 2004 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Edcase
I thought the WRC vents were actually counterproductive on a TMIC car???

The cold air goes in the radiator, the hot air escapes from the top of the bonnet and then directly into the scoop and the TMIC!!! :eek:

i would agree the WRC engine location and intercooler are completly different to the road car... it would be better just blocked off! As for the spoiler...MMMMmmmmmm how can i put this... fine for the WRC through sheer nessity but on the road.... it shouts Chav backwards VERY loudly! :nono:

scoobynutta555 10 September 2004 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by scooby L
They would have to be located on each side (like the classics)

But side bonnet vents on the new-age would look a bit Max Power...

Which is why the new shape impreza appeals more to older drivers now ;)

Silver Scooby Sport 10 September 2004 03:24 PM

The question is ....... is that an actual working vent or is it just for show ?

I cannot remember if it is solid or not... has anyone else seen one in the flesh ?

The Fixer 11 September 2004 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
Conny old chap, what sort of cost is involved ?

GRIFF.....

Prices are roughly what I paid.....

APS FMIC DR500 £1150
Turbo £1400
Roated Up-Pipe / Downpipe Combo £475
Injectors £500
Dump Valve £200
Induction Hose / Cone / Filter £250
Full Exhaust System £500
Ancillary Water / Oil Pipes £200
Headers £600
Fuel rail - Parallel Mod £400
Walboro Intank Fuel Pump £115
External WG £250
3 Port Boost Solenoid £175

ECU £900 - £3000 depending on what you want and how far you want to go.....

Remap £500-£800 (2 days to do it properly ;) )

Mandatory Boost gauge £200
Mandatory Knock Link £175(ish)

Labour to fit £900 ( I paid double this but then they skanked me, No I wont reveal who, this is old ground and wont be covered again.

I wouldnt use the turbo i had on my car, i now know of better VFM items that produce the goods but I'm not giving the game away ;)

What you end up with is a ballastic STi 7 / 8 that'll wipe the floor with most production sport cars on a real world road (twisty) or a circuit. :D

Dazza, Sold it m8 but watch this space... in Sunny Yorkshire :D www.theRa.... :D

Dazza's-STi 11 September 2004 01:09 PM

GRIFF.....

APS FMIC DR500 £1150
Turbo £1400
Injectors £500
Dump Valve £200
Full Exhaust System £500
Headers £600
External WG £250

Labour to fit £900 ( I paid double this but then they skanked me, No I wont reveal who, this is old ground and wont be covered again.

I wouldnt use the turbo i had on my car, i now know of better VFM items that produce the goods but I'm not giving the game away ;)

What you end up with is a ballastic STi 7 / 8 that'll wipe the floor with most production sport cars on a real world road (twisty) or a circuit. :D

Dazza, Sold it m8 but watch this space... in Sunny Yorkshire :D www.theRa.... :D

Condrad.. could you give me some more details of the nessasary equipment for circa 360bhp... over specced so as to have some degree of reliablitly... PM me if need or if your are in a position to carry out the nessasary via racingline... i don't know your relationship with them...

Ta

Dazza

GRIFF007 11 September 2004 01:55 PM

GRIFF.....

APS FMIC DR500 £1150
Turbo £1400
Injectors £500
Dump Valve £200
Full Exhaust System £500
Headers £600
External WG £250

many thanks for detailed reply and cost breakdown..... fairly alarming! - I take it you have a new project about to break cover.....?

The Fixer 13 September 2004 06:24 PM

Griff, my project car is ongoing, engine is being built as I speak. Hopefully will be the quickest wagon in the country ;)

Dazza, will PM you.