ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Hands free car kits group buy (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/279700-hands-free-car-kits-group-buy.html)

Jza 18 December 2003 12:27 PM

Just to let you know - im defo interested. Im in Leicester too.. and would need the kit fitting.

Can you confirm

a) What kit we would get (you say Sony - cool but which one?)
b) That the guy fitting can travel (looks like theres two of us in leicester!) here and the price incs this travel.

Jza

Supercue 18 December 2003 12:31 PM

**Edited do to commercial content** Please contact webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk for details of advertising opportunities on Scoobynet.

[Edited by Josh L - 12/18/2003 6:00:06 PM]

Jza 18 December 2003 12:37 PM

Ah - so its not a bluetooth "fits all" type thing?

Jza

Supercue 18 December 2003 12:42 PM

**Edited due to commercial content**
Please contact webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk for details of advertising opportunities on Scoobynet

[Edited by Redkop - 12/18/2003 5:57:19 PM]

Rob D 18 December 2003 01:14 PM

Ok things are a little clearer now, call be stupid but I want to get this right.
From what your saying the car kit is for an individual phone and NOT a bluetooth kit right? If it's not a bluetooth car kit I probably will be looking at the headset. But you still haven't stated what model of Sony headset it is, that's all I would like to know.

Cheers, Rob.

Buckrogers 18 December 2003 01:31 PM

Just a note on Bluetooth connectivity.

Not all bluetooth headsets work with bluetooth enabled phones.
My GF purchased a Jabba (SP?) Bluetooth headset for her Nokia 3650. It was listed by Jabba as compatible and should work, but it did not. She took it back, tried another unit and that also did not work. It worked fine on my 6210i (But she wouldn't give it to me ;) ) In the end she got a pukka nokia headset which works fine.

OllyK 18 December 2003 01:41 PM

Rob D

There are 2 options here:

1) A bluetooth headset and a cradle for the phone. Not sure if the cradle is powered or if you have to use a cigarette lighter charger. I suspect it is not powered if it is compatible with any phone. So plus side is that you can move it about easility and you can use the headset anywhere you like. The downside is that you have a cable floating about if you want to charge the phone and you must make sure the headset is compatible with your phone.

Supercue - if you have the Sony Model number this may help people to check if their phone is OK and so we may be able to get this moving on.

2) The other approach is a hard wired kit specific to your phone. I have one in my car and want one for the g/f. A cradle is mounted on the dash somewhere, in scoobies this is usually to the left of the radio. The radio is removed so that there are no holes in the dash should you later want to remove it. They then run a separate mic to the roof (wiring concealed) to either by the Map lights or above the drivers door. If your phone supports it they can also include and external antennae (worth having as the reception is much better). These take 2 forms, the ariel on the glass sytle or the one I have is a small strip about 4mm wide by 5 cm long stuck to the top of the front windscreen right up against the seal (I can't see it from the driver's seat). Finally there is a speaker so that you can hear the other person. Personally I hate them, so I hade a mute wire fitted which means it plays through the car stereo and cuts off the radio / cd etc when a call comes in. This cost me an extra £30 but well woth it in my opinion. The cradle is powered as well so the phone is on charge while it is in it.

Hope that clears things up bar the actual headset model??

[Edited by OllyK - 12/18/2003 1:43:43 PM]

gossythevaleter 18 December 2003 06:44 PM

Thanks to supercue for lookin after this for me

Right guys as you can see alot of posts have been edited for commercial editing

Right so
Complete hands free car kits will be phone make compatable these will be sold for £135 inc fittin

The blue tooths are the sony type which are compatable with alot of phones these are better than the nokia bluetooth kits These will be sold for £79 Plus P&P

For those people that want any of these kits please put your name down with make and model number of phone

Many thanks Gossy

gossythevaleter 20 December 2003 01:04 PM

mmm confused, now people say yes interested in buying phone kits

We then, with hard work get a bloody good price, and now no one is interested

Could someone tell me why please.

[Edited by gossythevaleter - 12/20/2003 2:38:02 PM]

Rob D 20 December 2003 03:53 PM

Gossy, thanks for your and SC efforts however I am still awaiting for the model number of the Sony headset as I have asked at least three times, that's all!

Matt Classic 20 December 2003 04:04 PM

I'm deffo interested in a hard wired kit for a nokia 6100, including dash mount and sound thru the car radio. Looking at the maths I make it £135 for kit + additional £30 for radio mute.
Any ideas when these can be done/where? I need one ASAP (next 3-4 weeks) thats all.
Ta, Matt

rigsby2 22 December 2003 03:26 PM

Has this all died a death now?
Surely someone can just state what model headset and/or hands free kit is on offer, how much it costs, numbers required and who to contact. People can find out if its compatible with their phone from their manufacturer/local phone shop.
Theres clearly a lot of interest in a group buy

Scooby96 22 December 2003 03:37 PM

Yep put me down for one for the T68i too

Hol 27 December 2003 06:43 PM

The wife is replacing her 3310 Nokia carkit shortly, if anyome is interested in it.

Its all there and I still have the box and all packing/manuals etc. Only four wires to fit.

AndyC_772 29 December 2003 09:13 AM

Gossy: I think it's just a bad time of year to be expecting people to read SN and think about spending money :)

How about a quick summary: what kit is available, how much, where from, and which phones it works with?

My phone's a T68i - but it'd be nice not to have to change kit if I end up with a new phone for some reason. I guess the Bluetooth kit is pretty universal, yes?