ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Nosey barstewards (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/275669-nosey-barstewards.html)

Spoon 28 November 2003 12:18 PM

ajm- There's a bigger problem somewhere if you think Telboy's comment was wrong. :rolleyes:

But then I don't think you can possibly believe that.

ajm 28 November 2003 12:27 PM

There's a bigger problem somewhere if you think Telboy's comment was wrong
Care to elaborate? :D

ajm 28 November 2003 12:29 PM

I certainly dont expect special treatment from anyone
If you don't expect it then why would you have a go at childless people parking in the bays?

ajm 28 November 2003 12:43 PM

AJM- If you were that concerned about your car which is obviously all your comments point to, then parking it further away from the store will almost certainly allow you as many spaces as you like.

M&b & the genuine disabled have a very difficult task when doing something as simple as shopping.

You I assume are a fit young guy and shouldn't for one moment lose sight of how important that is and how lucky you are.

Walk from the back of the car-park with a sense of gratefulness because you can.

I know many car accident victims who would love to be in that position, they too used to walk.

Think about it.
An emotive issue it seems.

1) I don't park in either disabled or parent and child spots
2) Of course I care about my property, which is why I do tend to park further away in the car park where there are no cars so I can get out of the car without the door touching. The car is a coupe, the doors a long, parking spaces are too small.
3) I disagree that because someone has a baby they are entitled to better treatement
4) I disagree with the EXPECTATION that better treatment should be provided

Anything else you care to say about me is mere speculation.

civictyper 28 November 2003 12:44 PM

If you don't expect it then why would you have a go at childless people parking in the bays?
If they wern't there (like a good few years back) then I would park like everyone else and not expect anything.

As the supermarkets have decided to designate spaces specifically for M&B use though then I think that people should respect that and not abuse the system.

It's kind of like flying long haul with BA. If you have young kids BA will usher you from the back of the queue to the front out of courtesy. I don't expect it so am prepared to wait like everyone else but they provide the facility so I'm happy to use it. Now if someone without kids decided they wanted to jump the queue and abuse the system then I'd have something to say as it's not right. Sure there'd be occasions where no-one would mind but generally it is not acceptable.

TelBoy 28 November 2003 12:46 PM

p.s. believe it or not I am over 25
Physically, possibly.

Gidney&Knowlesy 28 November 2003 01:00 PM

I like the idea of parking spaces for "ignorant twats"; how funny would that be for an April fools joke round various supermarkets????

dba 28 November 2003 01:16 PM

no differenece in a trolley and a pram apart from the presence of a baby
lol! brilliant analogy,apart from the fact you have forgotten you can't get refunds on broken babies when they get hit by cars

Redkop 28 November 2003 01:45 PM

In all probabilty by having these designated spaces for M&B's/Disabled, they are doing you a huge favour ajm - without them your 'coupe' could possibly end up with lots of dinks from mothers struggling to get babies out of their cars in a confined space!!

So you should really be thanking them....

SUNDAY DRIVER 28 November 2003 01:48 PM

My Granda drove a Fiesta and smelt of wee.

misty 28 November 2003 02:23 PM

Rev, you seem to have taken umbridge at me! But the point is I did have a child on board, and had she woken up I would have used the shop. Therefore I WAS entitled to use the mother and baby space. That being the case, the nosey old tw*t should have kept her feckin huge snozzle out of my affairs. If on the other hand you stand so high on the moral highground that you feel obliged to attack me with your vitrious diatribes, regarding myself and a certain facist dictator, then I can only ask what the feck have you ever done for your community & country? I suggest not a great deal, as your head is so far up your own arse that you must have great difficulty in seeing farther than the end of your own feckin nose, you feckin teutonic tw*t.
davehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_4_112.gif

NotoriousREV 28 November 2003 02:35 PM

ROFLMAO, throw out the bait, reel in the fishy.

Come on now, you really thought I was serious? Did you miss the ;) ?

I do think you were rather discourteous to take up the space, however you're not really worse than Hitler. Maybe only as bad as Goebels. ;) <-- this is a smiley, it usually follows a statement made in jest.

As for what I have done for my community/country, well I've taken part in charity events, I try not to p1ss random members of the public off (although I evidently need more practice) and I have a code of ethics and a sense of moral values. Not much, I admit, but I'm only young.

Leslie 28 November 2003 03:10 PM

Sunday Driver

That was a truly enlightened post. Now you know what you will be like at that age!

:rolleyes:

misty 28 November 2003 03:29 PM

Rev, did you not recognise the TUETONIC TW*T bit?
straight from blazing saddles mate!! (remember? funny film from the early seventies!) it was my attempt at being ironic!!!
davehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_4_104.gif

ajm 28 November 2003 03:39 PM

In all probabilty by having these designated spaces for M&B's/Disabled, they are doing you a huge favour ajm - without them your 'coupe' could possibly end up with lots of dinks from mothers struggling to get babies out of their cars in a confined space!!

So you should really be thanking them....
Well, no not really. The fact is that if:-

a) Parking spaces were all of ample dimensions
b) Parents extracting offspring were careful enough, or even cared enough, not to damage the neighbouring car

then we would all be happy, wouldn't we.

Your point is well taken though.... next time I need to load a large box into the car I will "do everyone the favour" of utilising a wider M+B car parking space, thereby putting all car park users in my debt.

NotoriousREV 28 November 2003 03:43 PM

misty, d'oh :D