ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Will CURRYS Come Good?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/641658-will-currys-come-good.html)

pslewis 21 March 2008 09:04 PM

I'm watching it right now, while the prices collapse all around me :thumb:

nooobyscoooby 22 March 2008 01:20 AM

Eggsellent! Happy Easter!!

chocolate_o_brian 22 March 2008 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7750110)
I'm watching it right now, while the prices collapse all around me :thumb:

prices or pixels ped:lol1:

r32 22 March 2008 10:28 AM

Well done shows the "little guy" can win. I for one wont shop at Currys or Dixons and avoid PC world too.
Congrats again.

pslewis 22 March 2008 03:39 PM

Remember that Pixmania are owned by the same group and have the same Policies in Customer Service ie. TERRIBLE!!

Amazon have shown themselves to be fair, John Lewis are the leaders, ARGOS I have always found excellent ...... DGS Retail Group deserve to go to the wall for their abysmal treatment of people.

r32 22 March 2008 03:51 PM

I may have missed this, but have you bought a replacement yet? If so what did you get?

pslewis 22 March 2008 04:15 PM

No replacement as yet ............

The Zohan 22 March 2008 04:23 PM

Pete YHPM

pslewis 22 March 2008 05:07 PM

Paul, cheers - you have reply

MartinM 22 March 2008 09:31 PM

I'm watching it right now...

No replacement as yet ............

Not quite as bad as you made out then - IIRC in many of your rantings you claimed it was unwatchable?

pslewis 26 March 2008 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by MartinM (Post 7752385)
Not quite as bad as you made out then - IIRC in many of your rantings you claimed it was unwatchable?

It was, and is, an unacceptable fault on a TV costing £800 ..... that fact has not changed.

What has changed is that the price paid for the TV has altered significantly, which changes the Formula - I'm sure you can see that?

pslewis 26 March 2008 01:47 PM

Anyway, I resurected this thread as I have just had a call from DSG International ........... saying that they are under some pressure from Goldfish to settle the issue about the TV .... would I be willing to discuss the situation? :lol1:

Now, if I had my wits about me, what I should have said was - "Yes, please replace the TV for a non-faulty unit" and then they would have authorised a replacement :lol1:

Why do one office at DSG not know what another office is doing??? The kind chap said that, looking through the details, it appears I have not been treated very well ........ no sh1t!! :rolleyes:

He had no idea that Litigation had taken place and DSG had lost the case :rolleyes:

I have been shocked by the DSG Retails Groups complete and utter ineptitude and uselessness throughout ..... but, even after settlement, their wheels just keep on churning relentlessley :lol1:

gpssti4 26 March 2008 01:47 PM

So then Pete, will you accept £5 for you out of date, faulty, secondhand TV? If yes - I'm the man to buy it from you.:thumb: Think that's ALL profit.

pslewis 26 March 2008 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by gpssti4 (Post 7761358)
So then Pete, will you accept £5 for you out of date, faulty, secondhand TV? If yes - I'm the man to buy it from you.:thumb: Think that's ALL profit.

I have considered selling it .... I have a queue of people waiting to buy it when I give the nod - it won't be for £5 though, it's value is quite high to those in the queue :D

gpssti4 26 March 2008 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7761372)
I have considered selling it .... I have a queue of people waiting to buy it when I give the nod - it won't be for £5 though, it's value is quite high to those in the queue :D

:wonder: naaaaaaaaa £5 is my best offer :D

P.S. Don't forget - you don't actually own this as you've not paid for it!!!

nooobyscoooby 26 March 2008 10:32 PM

This telly is famous and worth a mint.

pslewis 27 March 2008 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by gpssti4 (Post 7761750)
:wonder: naaaaaaaaa £5 is my best offer :D

P.S. Don't forget - you don't actually own this as you've not paid for it!!!

Excuse Me!!!!!

I have paid for it IN FULL .... I have the receipt to prove it too!! :D

And, you can shove your measly £5 where the sun don't shine .... back in your wallet!!! :lol1: :lol1:

nooobyscoooby 28 March 2008 01:25 AM

Pete - if you are going to buy a new telly, then for good order you should write to Curry's giving them 14 days to take their telly away otherwise if you do decide to replace it - and bin the pixel - you won't have their authority to do so.

gpssti4 28 March 2008 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7765417)
Excuse Me!!!!!

I have paid for it IN FULL .... I have the receipt to prove it too!! :D

:thumb:

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7765417)
And, you can shove your measly £5 where the sun don't shine .... back in your wallet!!! :lol1: :lol1:

At least my fiver isn't faulty :D

pslewis 28 March 2008 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by nooobyscoooby (Post 7766229)
Pete - if you are going to buy a new telly, then for good order you should write to Curry's giving them 14 days to take their telly away otherwise if you do decide to replace it - and bin the pixel - you won't have their authority to do so.

You miss the point - the TV is MINE!

I bought it - I own it.

The payment was compensation.

I rejected the TV - they failed to accept that rejection.

If they want the TV they can do what they made me do ..... take it to court - there's not a Court in the land who would make me give up something I have legal title to :thumb:

Leslie 28 March 2008 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7766866)

I bought it - I own it.

If they want the TV they can do what they made me do ..... take it to court - there's not a Court in the land who would make me give up something I have legal title to :thumb:

I'd like to see them try it and get charged a lot more money in the end.

Les

nooobyscoooby 30 March 2008 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7766866)

I bought it - I own it.

It's because I'm not sure the TV is yours in law that I suggest you find out before you do anything with it. You'd look bluddy silly if you got shot and Curry's came calling!!

Leslie 31 March 2008 12:42 PM

I'd like to see someone buy it off you Pete and then take Currys to court over it!

Les :)

pslewis 31 March 2008 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by nooobyscoooby (Post 7771306)
It's because I'm not sure the TV is yours in law that I suggest you find out before you do anything with it. You'd look bluddy silly if you got shot and Curry's came calling!!

That's why you are not my Legal Representative ;)

I can assure you that I have good title to the TV :thumb:

pslewis 31 March 2008 12:50 PM

As an aside, their Legal Department have written to me again asking me to write them a letter saying that the Judgement has been cleared.

Yeah, right ....... like when I needed some help from them they did all they could to assist me!!! :rolleyes:

My charge for writing a letter is £200, if they choose to write the letter then my signature upon it wil be £20 ...... and I will need a SAE!!

They have a cheek, haven't they?? They abuse me as a customer, refuse to talk to me after they decide they will not help me, and now they want ME to put some effort into helping them!!! They are off their rockers!! :lol1:

GC8 31 March 2008 01:47 PM

Id do it Pierre. You have their money and the television set is still yours. Why not spend a couple of minutes writing it and be magnanimous in victory?

Gear Head 31 March 2008 01:55 PM

And you think anyone really cares about this because...............? :wonder:

And before say 'oh, look at how many posts this thread has had', your the one that keeps reviving it! :thumb:

Wish 31 March 2008 02:28 PM

I would love you to sent them a letter stating you would like a fee to confirm the settlement.

Im feked if i would right them a letter ..... see how they like bad customer service

pslewis 31 March 2008 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 7774381)
Id do it Pierre. You have their money and the television set is still yours. Why not spend a couple of minutes writing it and be magnanimous in victory?

Because they said to me, "we will no longer converse with you, we will not repair your TV, we will not refund you, we will not replace with like for like - do whatever you wish to"

So, I took them to court and won ........ I charge £200 per letter, end of.

It's about time people stood up and made them suffer, like they make so many suffer on a daily basis.

pslewis 31 March 2008 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100 (Post 7774398)
And you think anyone really cares about this because...............? :wonder:

And before say 'oh, look at how many posts this thread has had', your the one that keeps reviving it! :thumb:

The evidence does not support your statement.