ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Royal Mail share offer (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/985777-royal-mail-share-offer.html)

Dingdongler 15 October 2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11236427)
A great deal for the institutions, now trading at 480 p, bought at 330 p IIRC? Plus one billion in London property to flog off and the taxpayer is lumbered with pensions liabilities.

Is this you?

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ncimp/marx.jpg

Chip 15 October 2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11236427)
A great deal for the institutions

Not just the institutions, people like me as well :D

JackClark 15 October 2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 11236698)
Not just the institutions, people like me as well :D

Woo Hoo, 200 whole pounds minus fees :)

Chip 15 October 2013 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11236749)
Woo Hoo, 200 whole pounds minus fees :)

Nope, me , the Mrs, two kids and my mother. So, when did you last earn £1000 for 2 mins work or were you stupid enough not to buy any.

Chip

Dingdongler 29 October 2013 07:47 PM

Well I'm £500 better off. Not bad for clicking a button!:thumb:

I think I'll buy the wife something nice for Christmas with the proceeds (though being married to me should be enough of a present for any woman)

cster 30 October 2013 02:01 AM

No offence mate - but if she is anything like mine, she'd probably prefer it if you just handed the cash over - with a card of course ;)

Dingdongler 30 October 2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by cster (Post 11249994)
No offence mate - but if she is anything like mine, she'd probably prefer it if you just handed the cash over - with a card of course ;)

:D

dpb 30 October 2013 12:45 PM

Who managed to buy 10k worth shares?

BLU 30 October 2013 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11250223)
Who managed to buy 10k worth shares?

I don't think that many. I suspect that most people will have only applied for the minimum amount. I would imagine the majority of people who could afford that much will have bid for more and ultimately lost out - getting nowt!

Rob_Impreza99 30 October 2013 01:02 PM

Just a quick question, slightly off topic.

How can the so called experts in government be so far out in their estimation of the value of the Royal Mail and still keep their job ? From what i read before the flotation, certain experts were saying that the royal mail could be worth approx £7 - £10 billion yet they floated it at £3.30 per share, thats a lot of tax payers money down the plug hole.

Congrats to those that bought them.

BLU 30 October 2013 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99 (Post 11250242)

How can the so called experts in government be so far out in their estimation of the value of the Royal Mail and still keep their job ? From what i read before the flotation, certain experts were saying that the royal mail could be worth approx £7 - £10 billion yet they floated it at £3.30 per share, thats a lot of tax payers money down the plug hole.

The CWU are calling for Vince Cable to resign over the whole c*ck up, and so he should imho :mad:

Chip 30 October 2013 06:12 PM

Well thank you :thumb:

speedking 30 October 2013 06:49 PM

Strike called off. Hold on; the only way is up.

Dingdongler 30 October 2013 06:51 PM

I don't think it's that straight forward valuing a company like RM, though I am no expert on these matters. There may have been 'experts' saying it was worth £10 billion but there were plenty of others saying it is not a viable company.

There were a few people on this topic quoting those very experts and saying RM has no future.

tony de wonderful 30 October 2013 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11250528)
I don't think it's that straight forward valuing a company like RM, though I am no expert on these matters. There may have been 'experts' saying it was worth £10 billion but there were plenty of others saying it is not a viable company.

There were a few people on this topic quoting those very experts and saying RM has no future.

A number of banks were commissioned to do the IPO including Goldman Sachs and UBS. They get paid a lot and clearly did a poor job setting the initial price.

Chip 30 October 2013 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11250579)
A number of banks were commissioned to do the IPO including Goldman Sachs and UBS. They get paid a lot and clearly did a poor job setting the initial price.

Oooh good, I'll make even more money then as the price goes up , up , up.

stilover 30 October 2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 11250525)

:thumb:

BLU 30 October 2013 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 11250525)

Thats good news, proof RM are in a position to make RM workers T&Cs better. At the end of the day a strike will not do RM or CWU members any good in the long term so its good that they're both talking and hopefully a compromise will be struck.

Dingdongler 31 October 2013 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11250579)

Up another 3.7% today:thumb:

He who dares Roderney, he who dares.:D

BLU 31 October 2013 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11251624)
Up another 3.7% today:thumb:

He who dares Roderney, he who dares.:D

Great for share holder, but the Tories have lost a lot of money for the taxpayers by getting the initial price so wrong. The fact they got over subscribed for shares should have set alarm bells ringing for them. It would have been another chunk off the nations debt.

cster 31 October 2013 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by BLU (Post 11251634)
Great for share holder, but the Tories have lost a lot of money for the taxpayers by getting the initial price so wrong. The fact they got over subscribed for shares should have set alarm bells ringing for them. It would have been another chunk off the nations debt.

Not if it was in fact taxpayers who bought the shares.

Chip 02 November 2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by cster (Post 11251749)
Not if it was in fact taxpayers who bought the shares.

Yes, so the money I have made so far is like a tax rebate I suppose.:thumb:

cster 02 November 2013 03:39 PM

Or they were yours in the first place.

Chip 02 November 2013 05:34 PM

Yes I suppose they were, but so what. I could have sat on my hands and moaned about how privatisation will wreck the postal service, how posties pay will be eroded, how people won't get post daily etc etc. But no, I decided to invest some of my profits from my BTL property and make a bob or two ;)