ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cameron isn;t coming out of this NotW thing too well is he? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/896208-cameron-isn-t-coming-out-of-this-notw-thing-too-well-is-he.html)

f1_fan 19 July 2011 02:56 PM

Phone-hacking: Dangers lurk for David Cameron

Seems I am not alone in my thinking after all!

Dirk Diggler 75 19 July 2011 10:29 PM

The Met apparently know nothing..
The Murdochs apparently know nothing...
The P.M. apparently knows nothing....
What have you got? NOTHING...
This concludes my internal investigation saving the tax payer millions......

f1_fan 19 July 2011 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75 (Post 10144554)
The Met apparently know nothing..
The Murdochs apparently know nothing...
The P.M. apparently knows nothing....
What have you got? NOTHING...
This concludes my internal investigation saving the tax payer millions......

You forgot 'mistakes were made, but lessons will be learned' in your conclusion :thumb:

Dirk Diggler 75 20 July 2011 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10144594)
You forgot 'mistakes were made, but lessons will be learned' in your conclusion :thumb:

Would you consider becoming my PR consultant?...;)
Regards.......DD.....:thumb:

TelBoy 20 July 2011 01:55 PM

Excellent performance by Cameron in the emergengy parliamentary debate this afternoon. Opinion polls swinging back massively in his favour.

Which goes to prove, if you've done nothing wrong, fielding all-comers' questions is a piece of cake. He makes Milliband look like a rank amateur.

f1_fan 20 July 2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10145196)
Excellent performance by Cameron in the emergengy parliamentary debate this afternoon. Opinion polls swinging back massively in his favour.

Which goes to prove, if you've done nothing wrong, fielding all-comers' questions is a piece of cake. He makes Milliband look like a rank amateur.

Milliband IS a rank amateur :thumb:

TelBoy 20 July 2011 02:03 PM

Indeed. My worry is that inept performances like his today will expedite the election of a credible Labour leader, such as his brother, in time to put up a viable challenge at the next election. Honestly, what were the unions thinking in backing Ed Milliband??

f1_fan 20 July 2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10145207)
Indeed. My worry is that inept performances like his today will expedite the election of a credible Labour leader, such as his brother, in time to put up a viable challenge at the next election. Honestly, what were the unions thinking in backing Ed Milliband??

While I see your point a strong opposition is a good thing and the thought of Ed being there for 4 more years and being as weak and inept as he was today basically gives the coalition carte blanche to do what they want which is not a great prospect.

JTaylor 20 July 2011 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10145196)

Yep. Cameron was all over it - great performance. :thumb:

TelBoy 20 July 2011 02:11 PM

True, although i think there's a strong sense of self-regulation at the moment given the fact it's a coalition. I don't see this parliament as especially one-sided, even with an ineffective Labour "leader".

hutton_d 20 July 2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10145216)
Yep. Cameron was all over it - great performance. :thumb:

Really ... :Suspiciou Just saw an extract as I was busy all day but I note he used the phrase 'no inappropriate conversations' (talking about the BSkyB deal I think ) which happened to be the exact phrase that Rebekah GingeMinge used when describing her relationship with Call Me Dave .... Funny that, you could almost suggest that they have been in cahoots regarding their responses to the whole sorry saga, but you'd never get a politician making things up would you .... :wonder:

Dave

f1_fan 20 July 2011 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 10146207)
Really ... :Suspiciou Just saw an extract as I was busy all day but I note he used the phrase 'no inappropriate conversations' (talking about the BSkyB deal I think ) which happened to be the exact phrase that Rebekah GingeMinge used when describing her relationship with Call Me Dave .... Funny that, you could almost suggest that they have been in cahoots regarding their responses to the whole sorry saga, but you'd never get a politician making things up would you .... :wonder:

Dave

If Millipede was a better politician then Cameron would have had a much harder ride. He did pretty well, but some questions are unanswered as they weren't asked :Whatever_

Leslie 21 July 2011 01:48 PM

There was some comment that Millimetre also has an advisor working for him who also has a dodgy background.

Les

f1_fan 21 July 2011 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10146959)
There was some comment that Millimetre also has an advisor working for him who also has a dodgy background.

Les

Yep, Tom Baldwin is his name... another shady character. Millipede has no moral high ground here.... as he is a poliitician why should we be surprised , they are all the same!!

JTaylor 21 July 2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10147033)
Yep, Tom Baldwin is his name... another shady character. Millipede has no moral high ground here.... as he is a poliitician why should we be surprised , they are all the same!!

No they aren't; that is an untruth and as such is immoral.

f1_fan 21 July 2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10147070)
No they aren't; that is an untruth and as such is immoral.

Same sh1t, different government! QED!

Leslie 28 July 2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10147033)

There are not many who aren't.

Les