ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   insurance nightmare! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/873477-insurance-nightmare.html)

Moley 16 February 2011 09:30 PM

Insurance is expensive if you don't claim.... but if you have an accident it's a bargain

Most people who have accidents drive for many years without having a claim, but it can happen to any of us.

Remember how many ''i've crashed in the snow and ice'' threads there were a few months ago?

acstua 17 February 2011 02:32 PM

just had 1st hand experience at why young peoples insurance is so high.

Teenager at work to me "You should have got an Evo."
Me "im happy with the scoob"
Teenager "how fast have you had it?!"
Me "er, i just pootle about quite happy like"
Teenager " MY MATES HAD 165mph!!!! "

guh....

scoobiesteve103 17 February 2011 08:40 PM

his mates a d1ck and has a little one 2 match

**jay** 17 February 2011 09:07 PM

Its just getting silly now, im 35 15+ years ncb, been driving since 17, drive 0ver 2000 miles a week as an hgv driver, never had an accident( touch wood) 3 points, and the insurance keeps going up and up.
Im nearly paying what i was paying when i was 18, and that was for an xr3i at 18, i dont buy all this no win no fee rubbish, just excuses to put insurance up like everything else thats shooting up. im quite for insurance going up when you have a claim but dont agree with my insurance going more than double in the past few years.
Is the ncb not ment to be an insetive to be a good driver so awarded with cheaper insurance................it used too be!!!!!

stu turbo 98 20 February 2011 11:35 PM

If it costs insurance companies so much money in claims,and given the present financial climate,you would think they would be keen to take on new customers,half of the ones i have tried to contact or submitted details to havent even bothered to contact me to give me a quote :wonder::cuckoo MORE CUSTOMERS EQUAL MORE PROFIT,ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE:brickwall

STi_Si 21 February 2011 06:18 PM

£620 last year, £650 this year.... can't complain !! Gary Moulson at KM, top bloke!!

stu turbo 98 22 February 2011 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by STi_Si (Post 9894842)
£620 last year, £650 this year.... can't complain !! Gary Moulson at KM, top bloke!!

My missus has tried several times to contact gary and km in general,she has left voicemails and done an online application and has heard nothing from them",business must be good",she also got a quote from a-plan £840,she got another quote from a-plan using a broker her boss uses to insure his vehicles and he got it to £600,a much better price for sure but theres no consistency in what these people charge,i think they just make it up as they go:mad:

scotty_b 22 February 2011 09:09 PM

Il be trying to contact KM and Gary some point this week had my renewal through from Elephant and although its not bad (gone down) sure there is a better deal to be had!

Oh im paying around £800. Im 28, not a bad postcode in Northampton, 05 STi PPP with mods declared and 10 year NCB. See what the man says. . . if i can get through? lol

STi_Si 23 February 2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by stu turbo 98 (Post 9897196)
My missus has tried several times to contact gary and km in general,she has left voicemails and done an online application and has heard nothing from them",business must be good",she also got a quote from a-plan £840,she got another quote from a-plan using a broker her boss uses to insure his vehicles and he got it to £600,a much better price for sure but theres no consistency in what these people charge,i think they just make it up as they go:mad:

I've been using them for several years now, never had an issue... :wonder: