ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   GTR 35 - no good if you are tall (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/814350-gtr-35-no-good-if-you-are-tall.html)

wylie1 31 July 2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by john banks (Post 9522917)
Fangoria, do you have the traction in R mode? If not, do it, or VDC off is now warranty friendly I gather if you think you can catch the back in a hurry, it can get to quite some angles so I hope you're quick ;)

wylie1, what time/terminal speed has this one done on a dragstrip? With only 600 BHP it is not going to be competitive with the best, I alone have tuned two with over 700 BHP and 700 lbft that hold the UK quarter mile 1st (10.3 at 139mph) and 2nd slots. Litchfield and Car Planet (ex RC) have also done over 700 BHP.

im not sure whats its done quater mile im just going of what himself and other people who were there have said am i right in saying the nismo edition does 0-60mph in 3.2secs if so with it at full boost and in lauch mode under 3 secs does sound believable correct me if im wrong as i do not own one as much as id like to only going off what other gtr owners i no say.

wylie1 31 July 2010 08:14 PM

Fangoria, do you have the traction in R mode? If not, do it, or VDC off is now warranty friendly I gather if you think you can catch the back in a hurry, it can get to quite some angles so I hope you're quick ;)

wylie1, what time/terminal speed has this one done on a dragstrip? With only 600 BHP it is not going to be competitive with the best, I alone have tuned two with over 700 BHP and 700 lbft that hold the UK quarter mile 1st (10.3 at 139mph) and 2nd slots. Litchfield and Car Planet (ex RC) have also done over 700 BHP.

when i said not a lot can touch a 600bhp nismo gtr i ment standard road legal cars and super cars etc ferrari, lambo, porsche etc not highly modified drag cars or track cars, especialy for 60k

thunderousity 31 July 2010 10:57 PM

Porsche GT3 vs Nissan Skyline GTR courtesy of You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrd8VzfZzN8

Includes track times and drag race.

The car doing the camera work around the track was an Impreza P1 ;-)

Trout 31 July 2010 11:24 PM

It's quite a fast track - on the twistier West Circuit the GT3 comes out on top.

I know which car I would prefer to drive - oh yes - I own that one ;)

Dingdongler 01 August 2010 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9524643)
It's quite a fast track - on the twistier West Circuit the GT3 comes out on top.

I know which car I would prefer to drive - oh yes - I own that one ;)

You own the old one;)

Trout 01 August 2010 09:02 AM

Humph!! ;) :p

Same genes though. Hey my old one is now beaten by a standard Carrera S and barely betters a 2005 around the 'Ring but I still love it!

Trying to decide whether to get a new one - very tempting!

Dingdongler 01 August 2010 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9524818)
Humph!! ;) :p

Same genes though. Hey my old one is now beaten by a standard Carrera S and barely betters a 2005 around the 'Ring but I still love it!

Trying to decide whether to get a new one - very tempting!

If you want to and you can (and I'm sure you can) do it. Life is too short.

Fangoria 01 August 2010 10:50 PM

Pocket change for a man of your means David... :-)

Trout 01 August 2010 10:58 PM

I wish!

Not that awash with cash - it is all about priorities as I do love my current GT3 and drive it almost every day (cars are meant to be used not just for sunny days).

For the cost to swap there are many other things I could do with the money!! And will I get that much more enjoyment. However there is an itch!!

If I was awash with cash I would be after a GT2 RS!!

john banks 02 August 2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by wylie1 (Post 9524386)
when i said not a lot can touch a 600bhp nismo gtr i ment standard road legal cars and super cars etc ferrari, lambo, porsche etc not highly modified drag cars or track cars, especialy for 60k

I'm talking modified roadgoing R35 GTRs with full trim on road tyres here.

0-60 in under 3 and 0-100 in under 7 has been done with just a remap of an otherwise stock GTR, there is nothing at all unbelieveable about sub 3 sec 0-60 on a good surface.

Agree not a lot of other cars can touch the times you quote, but in GTR circles those times are ordinary with light mods.

wylie1 02 August 2010 01:56 PM

when u say ex rc have the 700bhp gtr u mean bob moores silver gtr?

john banks 02 August 2010 02:26 PM

No idea whose the car is but Laurence, Clive and I spoke about a recent 700 BHP R35 (the product they use to tune the R35 has ECU code that I wrote). Since I'd also tuned a very similar spec about a month before I provided some support.

wylie1 02 August 2010 02:37 PM

yeh that will be bobs gtr its realy fast that isnt it,clive use to own 1 of the rc evo`s them lot spend some crazy money on there cars dont they and then get other people to drive them 4 them to much money some people

john banks 02 August 2010 02:49 PM

Most of them either earn it or sacrifice other things to afford nice cars and tuning though. Some would rather have a car that is the price of a house in Grimsby. You can't drive a house but you can shag in a car.

wylie1 02 August 2010 02:54 PM

well said :)

baz995 02 August 2010 03:34 PM

just downloaded a good vid of an AMS tuned GTR doing 9 sec quarters, i have had my lottery ticket on for ages now as i must have a GTR, i think they are amazing, hope you do get it mate and love it, i dont remember Clarkson having any issues when he did the report on TG with regards to height and he is a lanky bugger