ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Trader Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/)
-   -   S206 turbo breaks 550 bhp barrier. (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/795421-s206-turbo-breaks-550-bhp-barrier.html)

Shaun 20 October 2009 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 9005447)
No lag between changes

Alan, unless you are running flat throttle shifting and full blown anti-lag, I would suggest you are getting a bit carried away with that statement. ;) :D

I would be interested in knowing how much boost this turbo can provide on an avcs 2.5 at the top end. Unfortunately a 2.5 spools and creates boost earlier, which see's the turbo running out of puff at the top end (depending on size). I think mine is running flat knacker at just over 1.9bar from circa 6.5k (I don't run this much though). I know I could of tried another blade configuration which was more advantageous for top end, as opposed to response. I might still try that different core.

Is your core bigger than a 3076?

Alan Jeffery 20 October 2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9007314)
Alan, unless you are running flat throttle shifting and full blown anti-lag, I would suggest you are getting a bit carried away with that statement. ;) :D

I would be interested in knowing how much boost this turbo can provide on an avcs 2.5 at the top end. Unfortunately a 2.5 spools and creates boost earlier, which see's the turbo running out of puff at the top end (depending on size). I think mine is running flat knacker at just over 1.9bar from circa 6.5k (I don't run this much though). I know I could of tried another blade configuration which was more advantageous for top end, as opposed to response. I might still try that different core.

Is your core bigger than a 3076?

Hi Shaun, I know you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say "no lag between gear changes" which is why I won't print a definition of the word "pedant" for you to peruse!
We are currently working on a modified version of the turbo aimed at the top end of a 2.5. Certainly we've seen the off the shelf version of the S206 holding 2.1 bar on our 2.1 stroker.
The S206 is slightly "smaller" than a 3076. It's aimed at 500 bhp from 2 litres, and intended to be more responsive than a 3076.

Mus 20 October 2009 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 9007455)
Hi Shaun, I know you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say "no lag between gear changes" which is why I won't print a definition of the word "pedant" for you to peruse!
We are currently working on a modified version of the turbo aimed at the top end of a 2.5. Certainly we've seen the off the shelf version of the S206 holding 2.1 bar on our 2.1 stroker.
The S206 is slightly "smaller" than a 3076. It's aimed at 500 bhp from 2 litres, and intended to be more responsive than a 3076.

That would be my car:)

what times do you think i would be getting with my car?

Shaun 20 October 2009 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 9007455)

Alan,
You of all should know that if you make a statement like that on an internet forum, you best pull down your pants and wait for your backside to be raped! :D No use of the queen's language of words like "pedant" will negate that from happening. ;) Your results so far have been very good. It would be a shame to tarnish that by a few inaccurate statements. One which I would be amazed if TT ever used as an advertising strapline! :) You may *think* I know what you are referring to.... could you say that for Joe Soap that reads your comments and thinks "WOW... gotta order one of those. No lag!!!!".

Of course, I have no commercial interest nowadays. So perhaps I have a different view on things! ;)

Anyway.......

Mmmmm.... that maybe the case on a 2.1ltr, but do you think it would be the same on a 2.5 with the turbo coming on song so much earlier. Unless the backend of the S206 is more effecient, not being a OE Subaru housing?

Green_Goblin 20 October 2009 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by SMA01 - black scoob (Post 9007187)
hows yours coming along jason??might have 2 2.1s running about in scotland soon then :D

Yeh all is good, thats my car up and running now!! All looking good, im still away at the moment but got my girlfriend starting the run in......you prob think aaaahhh but she always drives it and i can trust her!! plus i have went over every little detail with her over and over again tell her what not to do:nono:and whats ok along with checking temps and pressure on the gauges etc.
Also spoke to Alan about the S206 as i will be getting that shortly:D

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 9007223)
Incorrect, It will be three, mine should be ready Friday :D

Great news:thumb:

Just want to say a BIG THANKS to Alan Jeffery and his team for being so helpful and putting up with all my questions along with building me an awesome engine!!!!!:thumb::luxhello:

Jason

SMA01 - black scoob 20 October 2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 9007223)
Incorrect, It will be three, mine should be ready Friday :D

apologies mate, i had forgotten all about your 1,,,looks like you will be first to try it then, let me knwow how it goes.....

scott

SMA01 - black scoob 20 October 2009 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Green_Goblin (Post 9008094)
Yeh all is good, thats my car up and running now!! All looking good, im still away at the moment but got my girlfriend starting the run in......you prob think aaaahhh but she always drives it and i can trust her!! plus i have went over every little detail with her over and over again tell her what not to do:nono:and whats ok along with checking temps and pressure on the gauges etc.
Also spoke to Alan about the S206 as i will be getting that shortly:D

Great news:thumb:

Just want to say a BIG THANKS to Alan Jeffery and his team for being so helpful and putting up with all my questions along with building me an awesome engine!!!!!:thumb::luxhello:

Jason

glad to hear all going well jason....that will be 2 of you up and running before me then....:cry: hopefully not too much longer now til mine can come to the party too....:D

Alan Jeffery 20 October 2009 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9008073)
Alan,
You of all should know that if you make a statement like that on an internet forum, you best pull down your pants and wait for your backside to be raped! :D No use of the queen's language of words like "pedant" will negate that from happening. ;) Your results so far have been very good. It would be a shame to tarnish that by a few inaccurate statements. One which I would be amazed if TT ever used as an advertising strapline! :) You may *think* I know what you are referring to.... could you say that for Joe Soap that reads your comments and thinks "WOW... gotta order one of those. No lag!!!!".

Of course, I have no commercial interest nowadays. So perhaps I have a different view on things! ;)

Anyway.......

Mmmmm.... that maybe the case on a 2.1ltr, but do you think it would be the same on a 2.5 with the turbo coming on song so much earlier. Unless the backend of the S206 is more effecient, not being a OE Subaru housing?

I still say you know what I mean!
The results speak for themselves.
We are working on the 2.5 version right now, so we'll see!

scoobyDAZZA 21 October 2009 12:49 AM

be interesting too see a graph comparison of said turbo against an md321V on a build like martyns . . might happen 1 day :D:D

MartynJ 21 October 2009 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyDAZZA (Post 9008732)
be interesting too see a graph comparison of said turbo against an md321V on a build like martyns . . might happen 1 day :D:D

Quite right Darren, although if you are talking about the car I think you are, that one will have a vastly superior spec regarding cams, heads, valves etc, all of which are still stock on mine.
Will be interesting for sure :thumb:

stealthy55 21 October 2009 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyDAZZA (Post 9008732)

if i go the 2.1 route this will happen a lot sooner, especially after my next power hike, though more than likely i will go for a 2.3 not sure what power to expect from those engines on a "v" but as long as its more than what i have/going to have, thats good enough for me:)

SMA01 - black scoob 21 October 2009 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 9008812)
Quite right Darren, although if you are talking about the car I think you are, that one will have a vastly superior spec regarding cams, heads, valves etc, all of which are still stock on mine.
Will be interesting for sure :thumb:

i aint got a clue which car he might be referring to martyn, any clues??:wonder:

scoobyDAZZA 21 October 2009 03:45 PM

well it aint black :D

SMA01 - black scoob 21 October 2009 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyDAZZA (Post 9009500)
well it aint black :D

lol, i had worked that much out, i know its not mine as ive gone for a different turbo......:thumb: