ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sending immigrants back to Africa (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/765144-sending-immigrants-back-to-africa.html)

The Zohan 12 May 2009 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 8697516)
I think it comes down to only allowing people to enter the country who are able to demonstrate that they will add to the society that they join (and integrate into).

As harsh as it is, this country cannot afford to sustain people who wish to only take and not give something back. (and yes I am by inference pointing to benefit scroungers as well - whereas they have a right to stay here, illegal immigrants do not)

Yup and benefit scroungers, those who do not work but can need to be retrained and re skilled to fill roles in society or loose their benefits - this has worked in the UK, even the human rights activists and campaigners who complained so bitterly about forcing people agreed that it works and is the right thing to do.

How can we have 2+ million unemployed when we have jobs available and immigrants filling basic roles that require little or no skills or training - we put our own people to work first and foremost paying back into the system and communities. We s top letting in people to work here whilst the idle and do not want to works sit on the backsides watching SKY, drinking cider and smoking dope and complaining that they cannot work - guess what then can and should be made to - they would be better people for it as well!

Deep Singh 12 May 2009 08:47 AM

I'm not sure what the arguement is about. We all agree that illegal immigrants should be sent packing, and this should be enforced rigourously. We also need some sort of exemption from human rights laws that stops people relying on this as an excuse not to be deported from this country. If your country is dangerous, I feel sorry for you and hope our govt will do something to help but that doesn't mean I'm happy for you to be given a house and benefits here.

All immigration should be stopped at this point unless we are in desperate need of certain skills (and really we should train our own people up)

There are plenty of hard working immigrants, but because the system is flawed we are letting in loads of people who will never have a job and are destined for a life of benefits and producing children who will do the same or turn to crime. We have millions of indigenous white people like that in this country already, we don't need anymore.

Once again I'm going to blame the Labour party for this immigration shambles. Some of it is due to incompetence and some I suspect is more sinister. I'll explain. 30 years ago Labour could have relied on my father's vote (almost all first gen immigrants voted Labour) . Now the children of these immigrants have been educated, run businesses, pay taxes and have integrated. They will probably vote Tory. So Labour needs new voting fodder so let in millions more immigrants, problem solved

The Zohan 12 May 2009 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh (Post 8697533)
I'm not sure what the arguement is about. We all agree that illegal immigrants should be sent packing, and this should be enforced rigourously. We also need some sort of exemption from human rights laws that stops people relying on this as an excuse not to be deported from this country. If your country is dangerous, I feel sorry for you and hope our govt will do something to help but that doesn't mean I'm happy for you to be given a house and benefits here.

All immigration should be stopped at this point unless we are in desperate need of certain skills (and really we should train our own people up)

There are plenty of hard working immigrants, but because the system is flawed we are letting in loads of people who will never have a job and are destined for a life of benefits and producing children who will do the same or turn to crime. We have millions of indigenous white people like that in this country already, we don't need anymore.

Once again I'm going to blame the Labour party for this immigration shambles. Some of it is due to incompetence and some I suspect is more sinister. I'll explain. 30 years ago Labour could have relied on my father's vote (almost all first gen immigrants voted Labour) . Now the children of these immigrants have been educated, run businesses, pay taxes and have integrated. They will probably vote Tory. So Labour needs new voting fodder so let in millions more immigrants, problem solved

Morning:)

Yes agreed!

Kieran_Burns 12 May 2009 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh (Post 8697533)

you can add all those who have become reliant on the benefit state as well... who better to vote for you than someone who gets all they need for nothing?

mrtheedge2u2 12 May 2009 09:32 AM

I agree, Deep

scunnered 12 May 2009 10:34 AM

That article in the Telegraph doesn't give an accurate account of the true story.
They were "rescued" in international waters, of the island of Lampedusa which is Italian owned, but in Malta's SAR area. The Italians tried to force Malta into taking them but Malta rightly refused. This wasn't the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last. Currently, there is an Italian frigate the "Spica" anchored just outside Malta's international water with 69 illegal immigrants on board, awaiting orders.
Recently its been almost a diplomatic meltdown between Italy and Malta over these immigrants, with Italy backing down (no surprise there!). Most of these illegal immigrants are from the sub-Sahara regions, and Libya is the jumping off point for the majority of them trying to get into the EU. Malta has proposed an immigrant checkpoint in Libya where they can make an official application for immigration to the EU.

Deep Singh 12 May 2009 10:50 AM

Morning all.

You'll find most 2nd gen immigrants like myself very anti lax immigration. When there is a backlash all people with a coloured face get it, even if they've been contributing positively to the country for the last 40 years. They feel they've worked too hard to have it all ruined for them, they were invited here, they didn't stow away in lorries.

I just hope that the Tories have the political stomach to take a strong right of centre approach on the matter.

Leslie 12 May 2009 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 8696084)
Yes I do as it happens. I'm against anyone illegally here, but as a problem it's largely a fantasy that has zero impact on the average Brits day-to-day life. Of course the Daily Mail will tell you different, I suggest you change your newspaper

Its a very poor defence to accuse me of reading the Daily Mail Martin, it just shows the weakness of your argument!

Try telling those who can't get to see their doctor for ages, or get a hospital appointment, or who have to find the taxes to support economic migrants etc., how much of a fantasy it really is!

Les

Martin2005 12 May 2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8697809)
Its a very poor defence to accuse me of reading the Daily Mail Martin, it just shows the weakness of your argument!

Try telling those who can't get to see their doctor for ages, or get a hospital appointment, or who have to find the taxes to support economic migrants etc., how much of a fantasy it really is!

Les

Sorry I didn't realise the shame you would feel in being accused of reading the Mail.

As for the rest, well do you actually have an evidence of any of the points you make?

Torquemada 12 May 2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 8697983)
well do you actually have an evidence of any of the points you make?

Do you have any for yours?

uptempo 12 May 2009 02:40 PM

Spot on for Italy for doing this, if our labour had done this the damn country would not be so ****ed up as it is right now.

Torquemada 12 May 2009 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by uptempo (Post 8698183)
Spot on for Italy for doing this, if our labour had done this the damn country would not be so ****ed up as it is right now.

That's not you again is it, Pete? :lol1:

hodgy0_2 12 May 2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh (Post 8697740)
Morning all.

You'll find most 2nd gen immigrants like myself very anti lax immigration. When there is a backlash all people with a coloured face get it, even if they've been contributing positively to the country for the last 40 years. They feel they've worked too hard to have it all ruined for them, they were invited here, they didn't stow away in lorries.

I just hope that the Tories have the political stomach to take a strong right of centre approach on the matter.

mmmm is that the sound of a ladder being pulled up!!

fivetide 12 May 2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 8695728)
Ill bet a lot of these people dont and have never owned a passport because they could never afford one even if it were possible

This is similar to the economic argument... trouble is if they'd paid £5k to stow away in a lorry you have to say in their original country they weren't exactly hard up.

Just never seems to sit right that one.

5t.

hodgy0_2 12 May 2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 8698208)
This is similar to the economic argument... trouble is if they'd paid £5k to stow away in a lorry you have to say in their original country they weren't exactly hard up.

Just never seems to sit right that one.

5t.

i,m not sure much actual cash gets handed over, they are in effect "bonded labour" until the debt is repaid

Deep Singh 12 May 2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 8698196)
mmmm is that the sound of a ladder being pulled up!!

You could argue it that way but I would say that my father was encouraged by the UK govt to come here, he didn't break the law by entering illegally. Also a lot has changed in the last 50 years when he came across, so what applied then doesn't necessarily apply now

Klaatu 13 May 2009 06:40 AM

Speaking as a migrant myself, having been through the process in three countries all legally and costly, I believe Govn'ts need to send strong messages to people who contemplate entering a country illegally. Still, these people usually have nothing to lose, not even their lives.