ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   International (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/)
-   -   Euro ADRENALINE Blast 2009 is here!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/732596-euro-adrenaline-blast-2009-is-here.html)

The Admiral 08 April 2009 09:20 PM

Would be great to see your Murtaya Martin - when is Motorfair on?

Mrk - Dastek Dynos use different diameter and weight rollers to Dyno Dynamics, with different retarder design etc, which is why you are better to compare Dastek measured flywheel power with DD extrapolated flywheel power, and just forget about wheel power, despite what many people believe ;)

Cheers :D

Rog

MRK 09 April 2009 12:17 PM

Hi Rog

:lol1: it would be great if these guys could stick to one sort of measurement, I was just starting to get used to wheel figures.

HAPPY EASTER everyone :D

p1doc 09 April 2009 06:31 PM

motorfair is 9/10 of may have not decided which day yet,probably sun
martin

The Admiral 10 April 2009 06:26 PM

Cool - can't do 10th, but will no doubt see you around :D

Rog

p1doc 12 April 2009 06:07 PM

oh yes-if miss you at knockhill should be going to sidc day 5/07 at alford-always a large evo presence there lol
martin

NeilP1 26 April 2009 08:37 PM

in 6 weeks time we will all be in a bar waiting to eat and chatting about the trip ahead ready to go on track bet i dont sleep well that night lol

MRK 27 April 2009 12:17 PM

Ohhh carp is that all :eek: I better get a move on with the route book, or will all be in different bars, lost :eek:

p1doc 30 April 2009 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by MRK (Post 8667096)
Ohhh carp is that all :eek: I better get a move on with the route book, or will all be in different bars, lost :eek:

very unlike you mark lol
no murtaya till june now as vosa lost sva application-cashed the cheque though!! so now iva instead!
martin

smifffymoto 30 April 2009 09:24 AM

Which roads are you driving through the Pyrenees.If you're local may I tag along?

StormyC 06 May 2009 11:44 PM

Im back as Stormy C Re born perhaps.

Smiffy we meet at Pau Arnos for a morning on track then after lunch drive south to Torla, Ordesa etc

Your welcome to join us

Looking 80% that Specie will go on Saturday :-( so I need to find car for the trip, dont think the Focus or Pug will cut it:norty:

So come on whos doing the bungy jump then ???

Stormy

TonyG 08 May 2009 12:24 PM

Leap off a dam with just abit of elastic between me and my maker? No way! Too many visions of my own mortality these days.

tony1scooby 08 May 2009 06:38 PM

I'll second that motion Tony. If I'm ever feeling suicidal but can't quite decide I might try a bungy jump, until then, no f****** way.:nono:

Stormy C, If you can find an Exige in the next four weeks it might be lightweight enough for you and the car to jump.:idea:

How come its now 'Stormy C'?? Or do you need suggestions for the 'C'??:lol1:

Tony

tony1scooby 08 May 2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by tony1scooby (Post 8691240)
I'll second that motion Tony. If I'm ever feeling suicidal but can't quite decide I might try a bungy jump, until then, no f****** way.:nono:

Stormy C, If you can find an Exige in the next four weeks it might be lightweight enough for you and the car to jump.:idea:

How come its now 'Stormy C'?? Or do you need suggestions for the 'C'??:lol1:

Tony

Crazy, corpulent, caring etc, etc...!

Labman 10 May 2009 11:06 AM

....Charismatic,...

Stormy, I have a nice STi UK with only 'minor' engine electrical problems you can shout and swear at lot. At this rate, I'll be in my sisters Festa so might be me and you bringing up the rear...

tony1scooby 10 May 2009 05:07 PM

Charming...:luvlove:
Cool...:cool:
Civilised...:razz:
Criminal...:norty:
Cerebral...:cuckoo:
Chubby:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

:lol:

4 weeks to go:luxhello:

The Admiral 10 May 2009 09:31 PM

The thought of 3500miles through the South of France in summer without aircon, electric windows, stereo, or removable roof proved too much :lol1:

So I collect my 2008 BMW 330i M Sport Auto Convertible (hard top) next week :norty:

https://i193.photobucket.com/albums/...ackie11024.jpg

Have loved every minute of the 645Ci, but it was starting to need for a few things, so I decided to trade it in today...

Cheers :D

Rog

p.s. or I might still take the EVO - not sure yet :lol1:

tony1scooby 11 May 2009 05:34 PM

You will definitely look way cooler in the bee-em Rog. :cool:

But try and consider other peoples feelings before blasting out the 'Right Said Fred' :nono:

It wont be as quick as th Evo round Pau Arnos but will probably be more fun.. Poweslidey kinda fun..:norty:

Bring a spare set of rear tyres..:thumb:

Tony :D

26 days to go...:luxhello:

The Admiral 11 May 2009 06:44 PM

Too late Tony - Right Said Fred CD and See You Jimmy hat all packed :lol1:

Can't wait now :D

Rog

StormyC 11 May 2009 08:22 PM

Cheeky Devils

C yep one word rolls readily of the tonque, as for chubby perhaps but hey Im testing the Bungy, wanna jump afterwards:nono:

Specie went on Saturday :(, Deposit goes down on an Exige S tomorrow, pick it up the weekend before we go.

Anyone got some room for a Helmet bag ???

My major concern is getting aroused and not being able to get out of the Exige :Whatever_

terryb 11 May 2009 11:58 PM

StormyChav - that's what it stands for :D

Rog - what's the matter with you - you need a car like this.... :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ands2small.jpg

Labman 12 May 2009 10:42 AM

What's the thoughts on tyres for EB09.
I was going t replace them but just checked and I don't think I need to.

I've got the following
NSF - 4.9
OSF - 4.3
NSR - 5.7
OSR - 4.7

I might swap fronts to rear, but I think they should do for the trip. they are the same ones I used for EB07 afterall :D

25 days to go,...:)......S**t...quick, pass me those spanners!

NeilP1 12 May 2009 09:08 PM

i have a nice new set of toyo R888's to go on but will i ever find the time car is now off the road with no mot no brakes

The Admiral 12 May 2009 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by terryb (Post 8697344)
StormyChav - that's what it stands for :D

Rog - what's the matter with you - you need a car like this.... :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ands2small.jpg

Looks Mean :thumb:

I thought of selling both cars and getting a GTR or 911 Turbo etc, but decided I wanted an open top CruiseMobile to preserve my licence and a turbo-nutter car for track days, so kept the EVO :norty:

Compare & Contrast :wonder:

Rog :lol1:

TonyG 13 May 2009 12:27 PM

Car booked in for final fluids change this weekend. Tyres: about 5mm front, 6mm rears, so may swap them round. Passport-sized photos acquired for International Driving Permit (they're of the 'would you let this man drive into your country?' type). Breakdown cover renewed.
Suppose I'd better get some currency sorted out at some point. Guess I should also do a bit of a shakedown drive beforehand as well - all my road travel recently seems to have been the commute to/from w**k, which isn't exactly challenging...

StormyC 13 May 2009 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Labman (Post 8697728)
What's the thoughts on tyres for EB09.
I was going t replace them but just checked and I don't think I need to.

I've got the following
NSF - 4.9
OSF - 4.3
NSR - 5.7
OSR - 4.7

I might swap fronts to rear, but I think they should do for the trip. they are the same ones I used for EB07 afterall :D

25 days to go,...:)......S**t...quick, pass me those spanners!

Tyres should be fine, shocked you have the same tyres

MRK 14 May 2009 12:41 PM

StormyC - who are you? Strange person.

Anyway just to let you know that the Route Books will be in the post today, hhuurrraahhh!!

http://www.track-masters.co.uk//imag...over-small.jpg

p1doc 14 May 2009 01:46 PM

sounds like planning is going well
rog-another change of cars will you ever change,did you make it down to motorfair on sat-it was a washout and no murtaya as engine still not built and no iva date as yet...
stormy c... ends in t mmmlol lol
martin

Labman 14 May 2009 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by StormyC (Post 8701610)
Tyres should be fine, shocked you have the same tyres

Thats BFG's for you, loadsa grip and they just keep going, and going and going...... much like a black rubber version of the Duracell Bunny, or is that something else? :norty:

The Admiral 15 May 2009 06:43 PM

Martin - I went down and got soaked and cold - looks like I'll be doing the same this Sunday at Time Attack :Whatever_

Perfect weather for a convertible. NOT!

Hope you get the Murtaya issues sorted ASAP :thumb:

Rog

tony1scooby 17 May 2009 07:44 PM

Mrk

Great job with the route book, again.:thumb:

Good information and some awsome pictures... Pas de l'Escous looks like a drive thats gonna get the old ticker thumping and the adrenal gland wide open.:eek:

Can't wait.. 21 days to go..:luxhello:

Tony