ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Subaru WRX v Clio Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/698023-subaru-wrx-v-clio-sport.html)

dunx 05 July 2008 12:05 PM

Just in my opinion... but the driver makes all the difference, a young kid in a Clio would probably leave a geriatric like me for dead.

However, his French tin can would fold like tin foil if he got it wrong, there is more to life than beating someone regardless.

Warning waffle mode on !

Last summer I caught up to a VX220 out playing and he went looney trying to get away from me, over-taking into blind corners, and I backed off (like the cops would) as I expected him to die in the next few miles... and didn't want to hit the wreakage !
A few miles further on I used the extra power to catch up again, and he went "ape" again, so I went home I didn't want the potential carnage on my conscience.

Waffle mode off !

DunxC

AngloSaxon 05 July 2008 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 7983433)
I'm still proud to be seen in my classic. Similar feeling you get to when driving a Cossie. You get the odd "plonker" remarks/looks, but everyone who knows anything about affordable performance cars knows that you're in something of an icon.

I especially love the sly looks you get from people admiring the car, who don't want to admit publicly they like it! ;) :D

I agree with your sentiments exactly :thumb:

greylag 05 July 2008 06:19 PM

Tale of Two clios

2 experiences of clios first,a black 182 ,hammered it along a sweet local b road,out gripped him and out accelerated him,second an old clio that looked worth about £395 pulled out and outran my wrx at full chat down a motorway slip road,would have liked to know what motor was in it.Oh i forgot no one ever drives their performance cars like this,I apologise in advance.

El Cat 05 July 2008 06:20 PM

had a lot of different cars in my time, a few hot hatches and now on my second scoob! my mate had a 182 clio and when i got my scoob off he went to get one too as after 5 mins driving mine he couldnt believe how much better a car it was!
says it all really!

davmcc75 05 July 2008 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by nickwrxstiV2 (Post 7982194)
An Elise would murder a Scooby in the twisties!

Just been looking at top gear timings and they are as follows:

Lotus Exige s - 125.1
Lotus Exige - 126.9
Impreza STI WRX WR1- 129.4
Impreza STI - 130.1
Clio Cup - 133.8
Lotus Elize -135.6 (alot slower than the impreza and the cup)
Clio V6 - 136.2
Civic Type R -136.5 (What happened here I thought the Type R was quick)

I know these are not the standard impreza etc but they did not have them in the timings

Mikkel 05 July 2008 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by davmcc75 (Post 7986290)
Just been looking at top gear timings and they are as follows:

Lotus Exige s - 125.1
Lotus Exige - 126.9
Impreza STI WRX WR1- 129.4
Impreza STI - 130.1
Clio Cup - 133.8
Lotus Elize -135.6 (alot slower than the impreza and the cup)
Clio V6 - 136.2
Civic Type R -136.5 (What happened here I thought the Type R was quick)

I know these are not the standard impreza etc but they did not have them in the timings

What is not standard about the Imprezas? Except one has a factory performance pack on of course. People often confuse the Elise with the Exige.

davmcc75 06 July 2008 10:16 AM

People were saying like for like and when the debate was started we were not reffering to the STI which is the highest spec, that what I mean by not being the standard models,

Flaps 06 July 2008 12:28 PM

Is that right? The Cup being faster than the V6 :wonder:

I was after a Clio Trophy two years ago but then found this site and realised the Clio was Impreza money. There was only one option from then on for me.

Mikkel 06 July 2008 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Flaps (Post 7986969)
Is that right? The Cup being faster than the V6 :wonder:

The V6 probably span off twice on the way around :lol1:

barndogg 06 July 2008 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Norman Dog (Post 7982106)
Not really.....

Among the reasons why the Clio is sh!te..

> It's French
> It's a Renault
> It's a car for girls
> It's Front Wheel Drive
> It has a wanky sounding engine
> It looks like crap
> The interior was designed by Ikea

:lol1:

LOlz