ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   What car would most embarrass you... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/686693-what-car-would-most-embarrass-you.html)

paulwrxboro 12 May 2008 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 7863386)
I'm not getting into an argument about it. I'd be embarassed to drive any of these as the majority of them could quite easily be replaced by something smaller and more town friendly. Whats the point of ripping around town in a 4.8 Litre X5 or RR? Lets face it, you rarely get let out of junctions in one and there are a lot of poncey people driving them (not meaning you).

For the record I do most of my driving in a 4 year old diesel Mondeo. Not exciting, but not really embarassing either. Occasional fun in the other half's DC5 or my classic scooby when I can be bothered Insuring/Taxing/Mot'ing it.

you have never ownd one then, you get plenty of ressssssspect (slaps fingers ;) ) in a rangey :)

Daft Lad 13 May 2008 09:51 AM

I used to hate being in our lass's old R plate Chrysler Neon, in green metallic and with the american flag and various Nascar stickers on the back from when her dad had it previously :( F**king horrible thing!

Tidgy 13 May 2008 09:54 AM

mitsibishi evo

rossyboy 13 May 2008 10:08 AM

you have never ownd one then, you get plenty of ressssssspect (slaps fingers ) in a rangey
:lol1: I'm not likely to purchase a car I'd be embarassed to drive :) I have no respect for the new RR's, especially those pointless Sport versions.

However, the classic RR has a certain appeal I will admit. Same with Defenders.

Shark Man 13 May 2008 10:13 AM

Black Range Rover Sport. Everyone will assume I'm a women driver - especially with the tints :lol1:

The only thing that tops it is was a "unique" Cinquecento with a "customised" interior and stickers...namley fluffly pick everything inside and pink flowers on the outside.

wolfie28 13 May 2008 10:19 AM

The newer beetle convertible

Turbo2 13 May 2008 10:24 AM

I just remembered this abomination. Who said the Germans have no sense of humour! Still at least you don't have to be fussy about the colour of any second-hand replacement panels.

http://www.rossvw.com/harlequin/picturepage/hq3-4.jpg

movi-star 13 May 2008 10:50 AM

Most embarassing Ive driven would be:-

Ex's Fiat Sciento..............got overtaken by a Citreon C2 whilst on a long drive to Hunstanton!!!

Kia Sedona, gutless piece of sh1te!

Proton Triple Valve whats-e-me-call-it, this was a courtesy car from a garage, boy was it crap, we even jumped all over the roof one drunken night we loved it that much!

Hire car in Cyprus, a Indian car called a Maruti about 850cc, £10 a day, the air con sucked the life out of it when switched on!!!

Daz34 13 May 2008 12:40 PM

Suzuki X90

NACRO 13 May 2008 02:38 PM

Stickered up Impreza with my name on the windows and a crappy high level spoiler.

MattW 13 May 2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by NACRO (Post 7870373)
Stickered up Impreza with my name on the windows and a crappy high level spoiler.

or a classic with LED/Lexus lights, morettes, a drain pipe for an exhaust
and a shopping list down the doors.

scoobberdoo 13 May 2008 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Daz34 (Post 7870135)
Suzuki X90

Nice one. Could there be ANYTHING more pointless in concept than that piece of C**p. (he waits for someone to top it!)

How did you remeber they existed - did you have one?:lol1: :lol1:

scoobberdoo 13 May 2008 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man (Post 7869853)
Black Range Rover Sport. Everyone will assume I'm a women driver - especially with the tints :lol1:

Well spotted, how right you are!:thumb:

Daz34 13 May 2008 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by scoobberdoo (Post 7870587)
Nice one. Could there be ANYTHING more pointless in concept than that piece of C**p. (he waits for someone to top it!)

How did you remeber they existed - did you have one?:lol1: :lol1:

Somebody around the corner from me has one. Everytime I see it I feel the urge to knock on the door & ask them what on earth possessed them to buy it.
Most other awful cars can at least have even a tiny bit of justification for their purchase but definately not this one :freak3:

Steve_PPP 13 May 2008 09:43 PM

Any new beetle or new mini

A pink Honda Jazz (someone in my office has one :lol1: )

Shark Man 13 May 2008 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by scoobberdoo (Post 7870589)
Well spotted, how right you are!:thumb:

I'm not one yet. Op's scheduled in a few months time in Colorado. :)

UK Passport control will be a tricky and embarrassing affair upon my return back to the UK. :o

urdad 13 May 2008 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 7863035)
Fiat Seicento, even though i had one as a first car in bright yellow, My sister got one some years later and I took it for a drive and thought "how the hell did I live with this for 2 1/2 years" i'm 6ft4 for god sake!
lol

Got to be the sporting in yellow with colour coding,a few round this area driven by bald,tatooed,"muscle" types with a couple of m8's on board.
I can't help thinking they're driving their girlfriends cars,who can take them seriously,well they always make me smirk and they avoid eye contact:lol1: :lol1:

richs2891 13 May 2008 11:02 PM

Most vauxhalls - excluding the monaro & most America cars / 4x4's

Richard

ScoobyWon't 13 May 2008 11:02 PM

My brother's Cinquecento Sporting. Or the Fruit box as it's better known. :rolleyes: Dunno why he just doesn't MOT his Evo and use that :rolleyes:

scooby-tc 13 May 2008 11:45 PM

A Vauxhall Nova in any guise i would (and have) rather walked,and it was raining.Utter gash the lot of them whether they have a 2.5 turbo engine or not,you cannot polish a turd :D

gallois 15 May 2008 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 7862930)
Anything Korean, Anything Malaysian, Anything Japanese that wasn't a Honda or Lexus.

this is a subaru forum you fkin hoop, get a grip.