ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   KYB AGX shcoks (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/540366-kyb-agx-shcoks.html)

Choppermon26 24 September 2006 01:02 PM

Hi guys,got payslip today. Sorry to say I'm definately not in, gutted to say the least, looks like I'm bouncing round for a bit longer yet. :(

Geddon 25 September 2006 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by James S
I'm deffinatly interested in this GB. I will give Nathan a called Monday Morning

Hi- Have you managed to phone Nathan?

James S 25 September 2006 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Geddon
Hi- Have you managed to phone Nathan?

Yes mate! I phoned him this morning and placed my order. We should recieve them either Wed or Thurs by DHL

Greyscale 25 September 2006 04:16 PM

Top man. Thanks to all involved for getting this organised.

Steve

Geddon 25 September 2006 06:22 PM

Coolio:D
Thought he was going to phone me before ordering but never mind.
Thanks to all for joining:D
Nice to get a few quid off. Do post up your experiences that may give guidance to those thinking of buying in futre:)

Greyscale 27 September 2006 12:00 PM

Yey mine are here. Can't wait to get these fitted.:luxhello:

James S 27 September 2006 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Greyscale
Yey mine are here. Can't wait to get these fitted.:luxhello:

I've not recieved mine yet :(

Geddon 27 September 2006 06:08 PM

Wow- Got mine today too!
That was fast!:D

Dave M UK 27 September 2006 06:27 PM

Got mine today, considering how heavy they are the total price is well impressive, carriage must of being about £40 easily,

All i need now is eibach springs, any chance of another group buy??????

After reading a load of posts it seems that eibach springs are the perfect comliment to the dampers so whos up for it???

Dave m uk

PeterStone 27 September 2006 07:23 PM

Got mine today too.

Thanks to all those involved in this.

PeteS

Greyscale 27 September 2006 08:46 PM

Pity we didn't get a price for the protection kits and top mounts at the same time. Would be helpful to have the new shock towers built ready for install.

James S 27 September 2006 09:57 PM

Thats a bit worrying! you guys seem to have recieved your orders apart from me :(

Dave M UK 28 September 2006 12:44 PM

On my rear shocks which are 4 way adjustable the gauge seems to be located directly at the top of the thread of the stainless steel piston shaft, how will this be adjusted once the shock is fitted???

There seems to be no access to the gauge once the shock is fitted, im pretty sure i cant get to it from the boot??

Whats the crack?? do i need to remove the shocker every time i want to adjust it, surely that would be a pain in the ass and i total design flaw

Please Please give me information cos i wont be fitting till late october

Cheers

James S 28 September 2006 04:03 PM

I have recieved my KYB's at last :) . They was actually delivered to one of my neighbours. DHL didn't even leave a courtesy card to say where they have left them :freak3:

Rich_B 29 September 2006 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dave M UK
On my rear shocks which are 4 way adjustable the gauge seems to be located directly at the top of the thread of the stainless steel piston shaft, how will this be adjusted once the shock is fitted???

There seems to be no access to the gauge once the shock is fitted, im pretty sure i cant get to it from the boot??

Whats the crack?? do i need to remove the shocker every time i want to adjust it, surely that would be a pain in the ass and i total design flaw

Please Please give me information cos i wont be fitting till late october
Cheers

Dave, the one with the 4-way adjuster in the top should be the FRONT shock, and hence you can access from under the bonnet. The rears have 8-way adjusters at the bottom, so that you can just reach round behind the wheel to adjust.

Richard.

Dave M UK 29 September 2006 04:49 PM

Oh well that would make sense and thats what crossed my mind but then i thought- well surely you need more settings for the front because this is the most important end for tuning the suspension,

Is it right to have 8 way at the back and only 4 way at the front????

Like i just said it would make more sense to have the most versitility at the front as this is where the car is turned from???

Just seems strange because i always believed that this kit was 8 way at the front and 4 way at the back

Also when i opened the box one shocker had a thin film of oil on the piston, is this right????

I have cleaned it off and pushed the rod in and out of the shock and it seems to be ok now but the fact that there was any oil on the piston in the first place worried me a little

Dave M

Geddon 02 October 2006 11:40 PM

Well I fitted mine at the weekend- so nice to have suspension again:D
Thanks again to everyone who joined:)

PeterStone 03 October 2006 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Geddon
Well I fitted mine at the weekend- so nice to have suspension again:D
Thanks again to everyone who joined:)

What settings have you gone for?

PeteS

Geddon 03 October 2006 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by PeterStone
What settings have you gone for?

PeteS

Have gone for 2 front and 3 rear.
Its ok but I think Im gonna go up a notch at the rear to 4.
Do a search for 'KYB AGX' in the group buy bit and there is plenty of info.
There is also a table somewhere telling you how the different settings compare to standard.

Duracell 22 October 2006 02:14 PM

Is there likely to be another Group Buy for these in the non too distant future ?

Cheers

Paul666 28 October 2006 01:17 PM

Duracell,
If you want to run another GB on these shocks you can count me in.
Thanks,
Paul.

Wonder Wagon 28 November 2006 09:06 PM

*cough*

Wonder Wagon 28 November 2006 09:07 PM

Post #12

Paul666 28 November 2006 09:57 PM

Would anybody be interested in another GB on KYG AGX shocks?