ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Hargreaves to United (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/536693-hargreaves-to-united.html)

pauld37 23 August 2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by G-STAR
Our transfer activity this summer has been pure pantomime. :(

And time is running out.

Wenger says he has made an offer for Gallas, wouldn't want to see him go to Arsenal, but cant see Cole coming our way if he doesn't.

I think Jose should stick with Bridge and put Gallas in the reserves, let him rot ;)

LUCKO 23 August 2006 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37
I think Jose should stick with Bridge and put Gallas in the reserves, let him rot ;)

send him down the Molineux, we have a left-back for sale :norty:

pauld37 23 August 2006 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO
send him down the Molineux, we have a left-back for sale :norty:

We are talking football here, so GET OUT!!!! :p

G-STAR 28 August 2006 01:31 PM

Yet another twist:

New Bayern Munich signing Mark van Bommel claims that Owen Hargreaves "is close to leaving" the club.

Bayern manager Uli Hoeness had insisted that the imminent arrival of Van Bommel from Barcelona did not pave the way for Hargreaves to join Manchester United.

But Van Bommel hinted Hargreaves will be leaving the German club.

"The chances of playing are so much bigger, they told me, with Michael Ballack gone and Owen Hargreaves close to leaving the club," said Van Bommel.

I read this in the Mail yesterday, and the media have jumped on it this morning. If (or when) the transfer is completed, Bayern will end up looking rather weak, especially considering their stance on the issue.

Funkii Munkii 28 August 2006 09:09 PM

Have another

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/5289836.stm

No Chance, sadly.

G-STAR 28 August 2006 09:37 PM

I'm not too sure, I still think something may happen (ever the optimist).

If, however, there is no chance of landing him, we need to make a move for someone else and very, very swiftly. We've been crying out for a world-class holding midfielder and that's what we've been promised by David Gill.

Arsenal were rumoured to have made a move (or were thinking of doing so) for Javier Mascherano, with a £16m price tag mentioned. I know South American players come with an element of risk attached (Forlan, Veron, etc.), but here's a man (although still just 22) who could walk into any side on the planet, and he'd work wonders in ours.

Funkii Munkii 28 August 2006 10:02 PM

Who would you prefer G ?

If we could guarantee he'd settle I'd be happy with Mascherano, maybe he could bring Tevez with him, who is rumoured to be joining a Premiership side this week, more tabloid bull probably.

Lets hope your optimism drifts across the north sea before Thursday :)

STi wanna Subaru 29 August 2006 10:26 AM

Cant see us bringing anybody else in now which disapoints me. a couple of Injries and i think we'll be too weak to challange Chelski.

TimWRX01 29 August 2006 10:47 AM

I told you we wouldn't get him.

G-STAR 29 August 2006 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Who would you prefer G ?

If we could guarantee he'd settle I'd be happy with Mascherano, maybe he could bring Tevez with him, who is rumoured to be joining a Premiership side this week, more tabloid bull probably.

Lets hope your optimism drifts across the north sea before Thursday :)

Mascherano was at the top of my list before the World Cup (as was Diarra), but Hargreaves impressed me, so I would have been happy with either.

We now need to make a move for Mascherano and I agree, Tevez too - with both of them in the country for the Brazil vs. Argentina friendly, we need to sort it quickly (before Arsenal, Chelsea, and so on get involved).

Originally Posted by TimWRX01
I told you we wouldn't get him.

It looked all ready to go before Bayern pulled the plug. :(

davegtt 29 August 2006 11:44 AM

we need to sort it quickly (before Arsenal, Chelsea, and so on get involved).

Arsenal and Chelsea would be the last of my worries, Id be more interested in sorting it quickly before Thursday arrives ;)

G-STAR 29 August 2006 12:11 PM

Obviously (;)), but there are murmurings today that Arsenal are looking to put in a £17m bid for Tevez. :(

Funkii Munkii 29 August 2006 01:15 PM

And Utd want Trezeguet for £10m, I know which I'd prefer, that said I doubt Trez would have trouble settling/playing in England.

Ted Maul 29 August 2006 04:19 PM

Obviously (;)), but there are murmurings today that Arsenal are looking to put in a £17m bid for Tevez. :(

We now need to make a move for Mascherano and I agree, Tevez too - with both of them in the country for the Brazil vs. Argentina friendly, we need to sort it quickly (before Arsenal, Chelsea, and so on get involved).

Utd are welcome to Tevez, word is that he's thrown his toys out of the pram at his club, and he was 2 years in Brazil and still couldn't speak any portuguese, this is a spanish speaking guy so should be not too hard. reckon he's one of those that would not settle in England. (ala Reyes)

as for Mascherano, Wenger's been in close contact with the agent for ages, so very much involved already..and Mascherano is the real deal.

16vmarc 29 August 2006 05:49 PM

I knew it wouldn't happen :(

2 days to go and I can't see us getting anyone else now :cry:

G-STAR 29 August 2006 08:49 PM

I wouldn't be too sure, Marc.

Corinthians duo England bound?

I'm not too confident on landing Tevez, but regardless of what Ted thinks, I believe Mascherano may be the one we do.

If we have any fight in us whatsoever, we'll land him.

Just imagine:

Ronaldo - Carrick/Scholes - Mascherano - Giggs/Park :eek: :luvlove:

He'll be the difference between a good season, and a great season.

Could be an interesting 48 hours coming up.

Fingers and toes crossed, seat belt fastened. :Whatever_

G-STAR
Ever the United optimist.

16vmarc 29 August 2006 09:16 PM

Oooh good good, gonna be touch and go now!