ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   My new Ford GT (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/388290-my-new-ford-gt.html)

scoobynutta555 30 December 2004 03:28 PM

You seem to have a problem with people buying new cars nutta
Not at all, The last subaru I bought I got brand new and have kept it for 3.5 years. Seem to remember people who listed their cars on here (RS Focus being the most recent) at over the new rrp were berated as carpet baggers.

MooseRacer 30 December 2004 04:54 PM

Money talks, wealth whispers ;)

Dai-Tec 01 January 2005 10:43 PM

*whispers*

:D

scoobynutta555, think you should only criticise if you've actually driven one.... :)

scoobynutta555 02 January 2005 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dai-Tec
*whispers*

:D

scoobynutta555, think you should only criticise if you've actually driven one.... :)

And ill bet you've never criticised something without first hand experience of it :rolleyes: In any case that's not the point I've pressed.

Scoob99 02 January 2005 01:48 PM

Jealousy is a terrible thing, beautiful car David good luck to you mate:thumb:

sti-04!! 02 January 2005 03:22 PM

Wicked car David & business is business ;)

Well done that man :D

Pm me when you pick up the new one & i will sit a prestwick ready to car jack you ha ha ;)

scoobynutta555 02 January 2005 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Jealousy is a terrible thing, beautiful car David good luck to you mate:thumb:

I'm not jealous at all Colin. I choose to invest my funds in something else like the properties I own :D

Glad to see you have your name back ;)

POC 02 January 2005 08:07 PM

:eek: Just seen this thread! David you are one lucky fellow! Drop me a PM and we can catch up.

V jealous over here! :D

Echo 02 January 2005 09:36 PM

Clarkson's across the field from me, haven't seen him driving a GT yet :)

Skittles 03 January 2005 01:09 PM

The Sunday Times Tom Hartley ad had this car at either £199k or £180k (can't remember which!)

Anyweay, nice (ex-) car mate - you have good taste. I'd have done exactly the same!

GC8 04 January 2005 12:56 AM

My father nearly bought an original GT40 in 1972; the bloke only wanted £2,500 for it but there wasnt anywhere/class to race it and it was too nice to split.

It was the car driven by Innes Ireland on the M1 at over 200MPH before the (temporary!) 70MPH restriction came into force: and it was in the last owner's original team livery too; duck egg blue and tangerine ffs.......... It wasnt even a customer car, it was an original Gulf.

This car'd have at least six zeros in is price tag now.

Simon

DavidBrown 04 January 2005 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
I choose to invest my funds in something else like the properties I own :D

I do properties too. Nevertheless, there's no stamp duty/capital-gains to pay on cars - which is nice.

Patt@firstime 04 January 2005 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by DavidBrown
I do properties too. Nevertheless, there's no stamp duty/capital-gains to pay on cars - which is nice.

Nor as much fun :D fair play, gorgeous car mate :)

scoobynutta555 04 January 2005 04:15 PM

Just horrendous depreciation if you get it wrong ;) remember the xj220?

DavidBrown 05 January 2005 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Just horrendous depreciation if you get it wrong ;)

Indeedy. Any outlay can be a risk.. ask those who lost their houses in negative equity positions in the early 90s and there's a predicted 16% drop in the coming 12-24 months.. EEK!

scoobynutta555 05 January 2005 04:16 PM

Yep, got my first 3 just after the last drop. However, looking at 15 years since the last drop houses are much more than their last peak. And with my gearing of 30% I'm not complaining if they crash now ;)

Of course if houses crash then most 'big items' like supercars and luxury items will collapse as well.

scoobyp1 05 January 2005 05:38 PM

Dont fancy sharing some of your wealth do you ?

Awesome Motor !

R1916v 05 January 2005 05:42 PM

Indeedy. Any outlay can be a risk.. ask those who lost their houses in negative equity positions in the early 90s and there's a predicted 16% drop in the coming 12-24 months.. EEK!

Never gonna happen imho, not 16% anyway :)

wwp8 05 January 2005 10:23 PM

are they recalling them back??
re:autoexpress

Danny B 07 January 2005 09:41 AM

Who told you that rubbish, 2% has been predicted over the next 12 months but seeing as how prices have been rising for 9 years this is hardly going to cripple people.

Belmondo 07 January 2005 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by wwp8
are they recalling them back??
re:autoexpress

Yep all been recalled until further notice due to a manufacturing fault which they don't have a fix for. OK if you paid list for it because if the sh1t hits the fan at least you get your money back. I pitty the folks who have paid £200,000 plus....................... Except Clarkson 'cause he's an undeserving git.

DavidBrown 07 January 2005 12:52 PM

I don't understand the big deal, Ford have identified a problem and issued a recall. Recalls happen all the time.

Heck, Ferrari would call it a "feature" and charge you extra.

Regarding house prices, they've been spiralling up and up for a long time, some trebling their value in just 5 years.. so I don't see why a 16% drop is so hard to believe - particularly when interest rates go up.

Read this: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/ar...380386,00.html

image doctor 07 January 2005 01:42 PM

so I don't see why a 16% drop is so hard to believe - particularly when interest rates go up

Because this would make people hard up, and by denying it will happen will make in not happen.

Catch my drift

id