ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Pug 205 1.9 Gti (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/328669-pug-205-1-9-gti.html)

ScoobyJawa 19 May 2004 11:13 PM

There are indeed decent standard ones out there. Mine is pretty much, just a K&N 57i (though I have sourced the stock airbox) and a magnex BB - gotta sound fruity ;) :D

Oh, and a quickshift which is an absolute must, transforms the car, otherwise its like rowing ;) :D

BrettC 20 May 2004 09:50 AM

Olly, thanks mate. It looks great, look forward to some more pics.
Please include your price too and where you are in the country.
cheers
brett

CrisPDuk 20 May 2004 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Olly
Thats because I don't wanna see it up on bricks in your front garden matey, like all your other cars ;)

That's a bit uncalled for IMO;) Last time I looked none of MY cars were without wheels at the front of my house:) You're really just scared coz Mrs D will drive it better than you can;)

BTW Graphite or White are the ONLY colours for a 205 GTi:) Sorrento is a bit borderline, but Miame is definitely an indication of gay tendencies IMO;)

Dream Weaver 20 May 2004 07:51 PM

Bend over Crispy ;)

ScoobyJawa 20 May 2004 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Bend over Crispy ;)

LMFAO!!!! :D

CrisPDuk 20 May 2004 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Bend over Crispy ;)

Surely this proves my point?;)

CrisPDuk 20 May 2004 09:39 PM

PS: As my wife keeps telling me, "Don't touch what you can't afford":)

Olly 20 May 2004 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Last time I looked none of MY cars were without wheels at the front of my house:)

Sorry mate, I stand corrected. Your Scooby has all its wheels present. Pity they are odd wheels and flat tyres :D

Brett, Matt, my apologies for not PM'ing you: only just arrived home and don't fancy digging the 205 out of the garage to take photos in the dark. Got commitments tomorrow: (family funeral), promise to get a detailed description and some good photos for you by Saturday. I am near Macclesfield by the way.

Zeolite 20 May 2004 11:30 PM

I know that my 205 is behind the Scoob cos the Scoob is pulling the trailer.
http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/1...t/Dsc00795.jpg

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/1...t/scoobpug.jpg

BrettC 21 May 2004 09:57 AM

Olly. No probs mate. Don't worry about sending me further details or pictures.
Macclesfield is a bit far for me.

Good luck with your sale, although I don't think you will need it. :)

Cheers
Brett

PS any of you guys going to Jap fest tomorrow?

Ex_Pug 21 May 2004 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Olly
Shiny resprayed cars are just old shabby ones underneath.

This is a gross generalisation. I had my car resprayed to bring the body work in line with the rest of the car.

xiw2155 21 May 2004 10:31 AM

dont suppose anyone knows if any of the other peugeot 283mm brake discs are the right offset and will fit the 205?

Dream Weaver 21 May 2004 10:36 AM

They will fit, particularly the 306 GTi-6 discs, but you will need the calipers to match which may need a bit of modding, and you will need a larger master cylinder.

TBH, a car that weighs so little doesnt really need huge brakes. Mine has grooved and vented powerdiscs and Ferodo pads and it stops very well.

Gutmann pug 21 May 2004 10:49 AM

Brett I will be there mate ...... I will be on the Spec R stand in S300B DO... come and say hello. Was gonna bring the pug too and take it on the track but im gonna save it till next week at bruntingthorpe where i have 2 hours booked :D :D

black diamond disks for me with ferrodo DS pads .... they are very good

BrettC 21 May 2004 11:06 AM

G. P.
Excellent! :) See you tomorrow.

matt85 21 May 2004 03:08 PM

Olly, Macclesfield is fine for me.

Im not bothered if its in Aberdeen if its the right car :D

Dream Weaver 21 May 2004 03:56 PM

Thats the right attitude, I bagged a lift all the way from Lancs to London to pick mine up, and I hadn't even seen it :eek:

BrettC 21 May 2004 06:40 PM

Yep, I quite agree, and normally thats my attitude too. When I was working (not a student...runs for cover! :D) I once drove from Denmark to luxembourg to look at a 911. It turned out to be a rusty old heap so turned around and went home!

Good luck matt85

cheers

Tractor 24 May 2004 10:02 AM

Weeeeeell, now we have decided that Graphite Grey is undoubtedly the best colour ;)..... can anybody who has one for sale drop me an email? (all colours considered if it is a good example).

Sorry I've not replied earlier, been ill :(. Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers

Mike

matt.bowey 24 May 2004 12:42 PM

1988 1.9GTi, F-Plate, 85k, graphite grey, non-cat, K&N, big bore exhaust, CD, half leather, sun roof.

11 months MOT, 5 months tax.

Located in Bedfordshire.

New:
Starter Motor (today!),
Coil,
Ignition Module,
Distributor,
Oil + Filter every 3k miles,
Fuel Filter,
HT Leads,
Plugs,
Brake Pads.

Engine re-build 2 years ago.

Cant post pics as at work, e-mail for pics. Offers...........?

BrettC 24 May 2004 01:31 PM

Hi Matt

YHPM

:)