ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   The King is dead, long live the R32 (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/161261-the-king-is-dead-long-live-the-r32.html)

chrisp 06 January 2003 08:44 PM

Is that 2 R32 and 1 R16 then ;).

Do you think Subaru would sell all there cars if each dealer on;y had 10 cars a year.

I remember import quotas my local little dealer (now closed sadly) got about 10 turbos a year. I lived at the garage for about 3 motnhs and the salesman became a good mate of mine so I got first refusal on a cancelled order. Pays to be nice and a pest sometimes :D. Whilst drinkign coffee one saturday afternon, I nearly answered the phone as I knew exactly what to say I heard it that often.

"Good afternoon, you are after a new impreza turbo, I am sorry we are not taking orders as we have a 12 months waiting list" ;). The good old days when depreciation was something other cars did ;).

^Qwerty^ 07 January 2003 09:22 AM

Well if the R32 is still around this time next year, I'll consider having one. Just have to decide about ye'old tax and CO2 thing.......

Since the P11D value was put at ~£21,800 for the WRX, it ain't going to make that much difference, except that I'll be driving around in a much nicer car..... 1 year and counting :)

paulmon 07 January 2003 09:22 AM

I was told that they get so many R32's for however many *other* Golf's they sell, so they actually have a quota of 2.5
I was told a similar story but the angle I was given was that it would be based on how many 4Motions the dealer had sold.

P

^Qwerty^ 07 January 2003 11:53 AM

Don't remember the guy saying anything about them having to be 4-Motions (I ordered one of those prior to making the mistake of changing to the WRX) :(

I suppose Audi will up the ante with the S3 now, so that might come back into the equation.

The other thing Im considering is the 2.5 TD Quattro (A4). As BMW have just increased the 330d to 204bhp, the 2.5 unit from Audi is long overdue a hike in power, hopefully at the backend of this year.

Fingers crossed at this end.

paulmon 01 March 2003 04:45 PM

Just to add weight to Chins comments. I have had an R32 on order since they where announced. Mine is on order with the Biggest VW dealer in the North West who stopped taking orders in October. As far as he is aware all cars have been sold, any that appear on the forecourt have been bought by the dealers.

On the whole the allocation was 1 for each dealer for last year and 2 for this year, the ones this year will be a mixture of 3 and 5 doors with the very sexy looking Blue only available this year.

At 23K it represents much better value for money than any scooby or mitusubishi currently on offer. Face facts the era where the rally replica was king is over. The only ace Subaru/Mitsubishi had over their competitors was their cars performance was so far ahead that people where prepared to put up with the sh1te build quality. Unfortunatley we now have a lot more cars to choose from that offer similar bang for bucks but are much better put together.

Wake up and smell the coffee, Chins is right the King is not only dead, the funeral has taken place and there is no way back.

P

[Edited by paulmon - 1/3/2003 4:45:45 PM]

paulmon 01 April 2003 02:20 PM

ChrisP

'LOL think I will just have to learn to live with 0-60 in 4 seconds, awesome handling and rallying pedigree'

Erm, What do you drive a WRC spec car? if not your a dreamer.

[Edited by paulmon - 1/4/2003 3:21:26 PM]

chrisp 01 June 2003 01:49 PM

Erm, What do you drive a WRC spec car? if not your a dreamer
Actually an MY00 JDM WRX Type RA WRC V-LTD special edition ;), basically built for group N spec rallying :D. The only dreams are nightmares come insurance renewal ;).

[Edited by chrisp - 1/6/2003 1:50:03 PM]