ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Type R Journey (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1037081-type-r-journey.html)

DoZZa 26 April 2016 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11825545)
Its has the bumper and side skirt spats on, gives it the slightly lower and more aggressive look

Yes, it does look good. My car also has the spats on, but not the bumper one. I have a black thing bolted to the bottom of the bumper. Will look at changing that soon!

DoZZa 26 April 2016 04:45 PM

The AP Racing kit installed. Purchased from GodSpeed brakes.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...4741ff21be.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...f30c3167d3.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...285e188651.jpg

stuart148 26 April 2016 05:11 PM

it's a buddy club

DoZZa 26 April 2016 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11825650)
it's a buddy club

Is it any good? I looked at those and the HKS exhausts.

bustaMOVEs 26 April 2016 05:32 PM

JPP (jap performance parts) often have used titanuim in

stuart148 26 April 2016 07:56 PM

it works lol
and it looks good

DoZZa 26 April 2016 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11825660)
JPP (jap performance parts) often have used titanuim in

Do you mean this?

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk...p?ID=100879672

Thats just a titanium tip from what I can make out.

DoZZa 26 April 2016 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11825718)
it works lol
and it looks good

Well, thats a start!

stuart148 26 April 2016 08:42 PM

it's all down to personal preference
this was on the car when I bought it
so to me it's fine

bustaMOVEs 26 April 2016 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by DoZZa (Post 11825731)
Do you mean this?

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk...p?ID=100879672

Thats just a titanium tip from what I can make out.

I said 'often'.
Didn't know they had any currently, but previous times when I've browsed site I've seen some proper titanuim ones.
Yes that's just end tip that one.

banny sti 26 April 2016 09:05 PM

Not sure if you want something loud but I had one of these on old type r, sounded awesome and light to go with it. Had to have a slip join made though as its 3.5" to mate it to my 3" dp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Tit...AAAOSw5VFWIB5p

DoZZa 26 April 2016 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11825749)
it's all down to personal preference
this was on the car when I bought it
so to me it's fine

I know where you are coming from mate, I purchased the car with a Kakimoto N1 Mega exhaust, its a nice exhaust, dont get me wrong, but its stupidly loud! Looking for something a little quieter, but also non restrictive.

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11825755)
I said 'often'.
Didn't know they had any currently, but previous times when I've browsed site I've seen some proper titanuim ones.
Yes that's just end tip that one.

Yes, sorry, I missed the 'often' part of your post! I will keep a look out on their website.

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11825770)
Not sure if you want something loud but I had one of these on old type r, sounded awesome and light to go with it. Had to have a slip join made though as its 3.5" to mate it to my 3" dp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Tit...AAAOSw5VFWIB5p

I came across that one the other day. Its looks nice, but too far for me to collect sadly.

The hunt continues.

What about RCM exhausts, anyone have any experience, with them? I know the RCM headers are popular, but quite a few people have said that when buying an RCM product, you have to factor in the RCM tax! lol

MartynJ 27 April 2016 04:15 PM

JETEX/Revolution full system. Quiet yet very capable of producing 700+hp :)

scotty75 27 April 2016 04:37 PM

Im running a HKS with carbon back box with a ti tip on my v3 type r bought it off here its got a nice sound to it and had a HKS system on it before lol .

kingofturds 05 May 2016 06:35 PM

Are you taking this bad boy to perranporth on Saturday ?

DoZZa 05 May 2016 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 11829427)
Are you taking this bad boy to perranporth on Saturday ?

Sadly not mate, my misses has injured her right hand cant do a lot for herself at the moment!

Will have to be next time!

kingofturds 05 May 2016 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by DoZZa (Post 11829446)
Sadly not mate, my misses has injured her right hand cant do a lot for herself at the moment!

Will have to be next time!

Oh unlucky, hopefully she makes a speedy recovery. Get her back to work asap and she can pay for more mods :D

Hopefully I may see your car next time at Perranporth or Devon.

JGlanzaV 05 May 2016 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 11829480)
Oh unlucky, hopefully she makes a speedy recovery. Get her back to work asap and she can pay for more mods :D

He would have broke it again by then!

Mine is supposed to be going down but not sure of I'll make it as the wanker delivery company didn't deliver my parcel today.....

So with no brake discs I'm kind of ****ed

kingofturds 06 May 2016 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11829547)

Mine is supposed to be going down but not sure of I'll make it as the wanker delivery company didn't deliver my parcel today.....

So with no brake discs I'm kind of ****ed

Brakes are overated anyway. I may take mine down the track, I might actually get to use my anti lag switch . Although I am on a standard clutch so that may not be such a great idea.

JGlanzaV 06 May 2016 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 11829696)
Brakes are overated anyway. I may take mine down the track, I might actually get to use my anti lag switch . Although I am on a standard clutch so that may not be such a great idea.

And you're right I don't tend to use my brakes unless absolutely nessecary!

That anti lag will only be poppy bangy anti lag I wouldn't Worry about the clutch

It's the launch that will do your clutch and box in.

I'm down at the engineers now trying to get these discs machined so I can fit them all tonight. I can see a beer fuelled late night preparation going on tonight....

SouthWalesSam 06 May 2016 04:11 PM

OP, I'm just really glad it's all worked out.
On the bright side, it's a rare and good-looking car that's now got bags of history on the recent refurb.
It'll be worth it in the end.
As KoT said, hope the missus recovers soon. :thumb:

kingofturds 06 May 2016 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11829710)
And you're right I don't tend to use my brakes unless absolutely nessecary!

That anti lag will only be poppy bangy anti lag I wouldn't Worry about the clutch

It's the launch that will do your clutch and box in.

I'm down at the engineers now trying to get these discs machined so I can fit them all tonight. I can see a beer fuelled late night preparation going on tonight....

I am only running 310bhp anyway so I don't think the gearbox is in too much trouble yet. Think I managed 13.4 seconds in my 300bhp sti, the type r is lighter than my old sti but then my fat ass is about 20kg heavier than last time so that negates any weight benefit.

You needed them when they had the quarter mile at RAF Portreath. There was only a few hundred yards between where the track ended and the cliff edge. I burnt my clutch out as well

DoZZa 09 May 2016 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 11829480)

Yes, should be at the next Devon event, if nothing else goes wrong between now and then!

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11829547)

Is that the hand or the car :lol1:

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam (Post 11829859)
OP, I'm just really glad it's all worked out.
On the bright side, it's a rare and good-looking car that's now got bags of history on the recent refurb.
It'll be worth it in the end.
As KoT said, hope the missus recovers soon. :thumb:

Thanks mate, I love the car :thumb:

DoZZa 30 June 2016 01:03 PM

Small update.

New sound system installed.

I had an Android head unit to go in the car, fitted it, worked fine but it didn't fit in the double DIN particularly well so it had to go.

So I fitted the following over the last week.

Pioneer AVIC-F88DAB - 2 Din CD DVD Bluetooth Car Stereo DAB+ headunit.
Focal Integration ISN 6.5" 17cm Component Speakers in front doors (used Corsa speaker adapters to fit).
Focal Integration ISC 690 6x9” speakers on rear parcel shelf.
Hertz DBA 200.3 Active Sub Box in boot. Nice and easy to remove when boot space is needed.

Also installed a Thinkware F750 Dash Cam, front and rear 1080p cameras. Its very good indeed, picture quality of both cameras is excellent. Has GPS, G Sensor and WiFi. And of particular interest it has a Parking mode which records while your away from the car, it has voltage sensor built in and will shut itself off if the battery voltage drops below a predetermined figure.

Not a cheap dash cam, but one of the best I think.

Other things are happening soon.

I obtained a proper quick rack from a newage, just waiting for couplings to be modded, and also installation of a newage power steering pump and lines.

On its way from japan is a Tomei Expreme Ti Cat Back Exhaust System. Been waiting a while for it. It only weighs 5.1kg!!!!

Just waiting for some nice weather and I will be installing the MeisterR GT1 coilovers.

Cheers :)

johno01 30 June 2016 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by DoZZa (Post 11852998)
Small update.

New sound system installed.

I had an Android head unit to go in the car, fitted it, worked fine but it didn't fit in the double DIN particularly well so it had to go.

So I fitted the following over the last week.

Pioneer AVIC-F88DAB - 2 Din CD DVD Bluetooth Car Stereo DAB+ headunit.
Focal Integration ISN 6.5" 17cm Component Speakers in front doors (used Corsa speaker adapters to fit).
Focal Integration ISC 690 6x9” speakers on rear parcel shelf.
Hertz DBA 200.3 Active Sub Box in boot. Nice and easy to remove when boot space is needed.

Also installed a Thinkware F750 Dash Cam, front and rear 1080p cameras. Its very good indeed, picture quality of both cameras is excellent. Has GPS, G Sensor and WiFi. And of particular interest it has a Parking mode which records while your away from the car, it has voltage sensor built in and will shut itself off if the battery voltage drops below a predetermined figure.

Not a cheap dash cam, but one of the best I think.

Other things are happening soon.

I obtained a proper quick rack from a newage, just waiting for couplings to be modded, and also installation of a newage power steering pump and lines.

On its way from japan is a Tomei Expreme Ti Cat Back Exhaust System. Been waiting a while for it. It only weighs 5.1kg!!!!

Just waiting for some nice weather and I will be installing the MeisterR GT1 coilovers.

Cheers :)

hi mate...lovely motor!! out of curiosity mate i read in the thread that martyn at engine tuner said the engine was fine when he inspected it but youve still went and got a 2.1 stroker in it....did you get the rebuild for piece of mind or did the engine turn out to be fooked?? i read that one lad who viewed the car with his mate before you bought it said they could hear the engine knocking or something?? cheers.

DoZZa 30 June 2016 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by johno01 (Post 11853088)
hi mate...lovely motor!! out of curiosity mate i read in the thread that martyn at engine tuner said the engine was fine when he inspected it but youve still went and got a 2.1 stroker in it....did you get the rebuild for piece of mind or did the engine turn out to be fooked?? i read that one lad who viewed the car with his mate before you bought it said they could hear the engine knocking or something?? cheers.

The engine was working fine, it was not knocking. However, it was a hybrid motor! It had legacy heads on it and there was no way of knowing if the engine was as described by the seller. And I am 99% sure that it would have been nothing like as described considering the other lies the seller blatantly made!

Went with the stroker as it was too good a deal to pass up. And I am happy that I did.

Need to get a 6 Speed DCCD conversion before the next phase of power increase is sought. After thats installed, it will be FMIC and new turbo time!

johno01 30 June 2016 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by DoZZa (Post 11853096)
The engine was working fine, it was not knocking. However, it was a hybrid motor! It had legacy heads on it and there was no way of knowing if the engine was as described by the seller. And I am 99% sure that it would have been nothing like as described considering the other lies the seller blatantly made!

Went with the stroker as it was too good a deal to pass up. And I am happy that I did.

Need to get a 6 Speed DCCD conversion before the next phase of power increase is sought. After thats installed, it will be FMIC and new turbo time!

happy days fella.... and credit to you for the job you have done:thumb:

DoZZa 30 June 2016 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by johno01 (Post 11853105)
happy days fella.... and credit to you for the job you have done:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

banny sti 30 June 2016 06:04 PM

Great exhaust choice :D

DoZZa 31 July 2016 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11853150)
Great exhaust choice :D

I dont know yet, still waiting for it!