ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Thoughts on UFO's ??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1027314-thoughts-on-ufos.html)

daviee 21 July 2015 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by kevo10 (Post 11713397)
Sos, Was about 900 pm quite dark and approx 4 mil es away , i saw 3 lights leave the ground at a 45 degree angle , join up approx 500 feet , and then go vertical at an amazing speed into the night sky. Dont know what it was but amazed me at the time an still does to this day

I had exact same thing about 1986 was in a taxi with old gf and taxi driver I was pissed we were driving up a B road near Falkirk the 3 lights appeared ahead of us, spun anti clockwise merged and shot vertical I sobored up pretty quick taxi driver was wafting like a budgie up until that point. I asked him wtf was that stuttered dunno and never spoke rest of the journey.

Turbohot 21 July 2015 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by daviee (Post 11713600)
I had exact same thing about 1986 was in a taxi with old gf and taxi driver I was pissed we were driving up a B road near Falkirk the 3 lights appeared ahead of us, spun anti clockwise merged and shot vertical I sobored up pretty quick taxi driver was wafting like a budgie up until that point. I asked him wtf was that stuttered dunno and never spoke rest of the journey.

Sounds so graphic! I can imagine it! I find it quite spooky that the taxi driver just stuttered and didn't utter a word after such sighting.

daviee 21 July 2015 01:33 AM

Again never claimed it was UFO just something unexplained but a striking similarity to Kevo s post, told a handful of people to this day, happened nigh on 30 years ago, again Kevo s post brought it back to me can still picture the image and can still remember the make of taxi almost new Nissan bluebird. Strange the way the memory works.

legb4rsk 21 July 2015 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by daviee (Post 11713603)
Again never claimed it was UFO just something unexplained but a striking similarity to Kevo s post, told a handful of people to this day, happened nigh on 30 years ago, again Kevo s post brought it back to me can still picture the image and can still remember the make of taxi almost new Nissan bluebird. Strange the way the memory works.

Yep definitely aliens checking us out! Unfortunately they clocked the Nissan Bluebird & said 'Sorry lads we're 2000 years too early.'

:p

Dingdongler 21 July 2015 08:54 AM

What I don't understand is why would these aliens keep visiting us? If they can travel the vast distances needed to get to us they must be technologically advanced to a degree beyond our comprehension.

So what possible reason could they have to keep buzzing around drunk sners in Falkirk or anally probing rednecks?

dpb 21 July 2015 09:03 AM

Lol.

Paben 21 July 2015 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11713646)
What I don't understand is why would these aliens keep visiting us? If they can travel the vast distances needed to get to us they must be technologically advanced to a degree beyond our comprehension.

So what possible reason could they have to keep buzzing around drunk sners in Falkirk or anally probing rednecks?

A bit of anal probing never hurt anyone, happened all the time when I was away at school. Apart from a bit of harmless dressing up at weekends it has had no lasting effect on me whatsoever. But I think even we would have drawn the line at little green chaps joining in :)

Dingdongler 21 July 2015 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11713667)
A bit of anal probing never hurt anyone, happened all the time when I was away at school. Apart from a bit of harmless dressing up at weekends it has had no lasting effect on me whatsoever. But I think even we would have drawn the line at little green chaps joining in :)

:lol1::lol1:

subevo 21 July 2015 12:23 PM

I like the above YouTube channel.

Geezer 21 July 2015 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by daviee (Post 11713603)
Again never claimed it was UFO

That's exactly what it was, what you mean is you are not claiming it was an alien craft/object ;)

I think there is life elswhere in the Universe, there is a slim possiblilty that there is complex life, there is an even slimmer chance that there is intelligent life, and an even slimmer one that they have developed technology to overcome interstellar travel, even with the huge numbers of candidate worlds.

I think if we had been visited, we would have been colonised as Earth would have to be a stepping stone, not somewhere you can just pop to!

Dingdongler 21 July 2015 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by subevo (Post 11713736)

Perhaps they wanted to check out the Epcot Centre for some spare parts? Or perhaps they got confused when somebody said Pluto was there....

Uncle Creepy 22 July 2015 03:16 AM

Uncle Creepy 22 July 2015 03:46 AM

kevo10 22 July 2015 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 11714083)
However, in all likelihood, we'll probably eradicate ourselves way before aliens put us out our misery - most probably over whose version of religion is the best!

so very ,very true.

Turbohot 22 July 2015 10:57 AM

@ Uncle Creepy

#72 and #73 are good posts. :thumb:

Littleted 22 July 2015 11:15 PM

Ok I'm not going into detail but back in 1994 I owned my own business covering all Harrogate and York for Sky TV fitting ALL satellite dishes purchased from currys dixons, norweb radio rentals. And one of them I fit at a Turkey farm in Knaresborough for a family called Mr and Mrs Jaques. The story she told me and my partner and the photos were something I,ll never forget, but the crux of it all was whilst I was fixing the dish my mate was inside chatting the husband was out feeding 100000 turkeys.

She rang him to say dish was done come and have training when he walked in, my mate was halfway through astonishment he said what's up with him, she said I'm just telling them both about why we moved here from Hull. He instantly shouted at her and left the house.

Never forget it madness I tell you, and yes I believe there is **** out there....just wish they would give me super powers to cure the sick or something, or just stop Al this violence

Uncle Creepy 23 July 2015 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11714169)
@ Uncle Creepy

#72 and #73 are good posts. :thumb:

Thanks, Turbs! :thumb:

ditchmyster 23 July 2015 04:55 AM

Maybe we're related to the Aliens and some sort of experiment.

Egypt?

Tidgy 23 July 2015 08:39 AM

Just hope they dont find any that come to visit. Any alien with the tech to get to us will make us be cave men vs modern army.

silver-sub 23 July 2015 07:08 PM

Well a new planet has been discovered today, could be similar to earth...

joz8968 24 July 2015 03:59 PM

Keplar 452b, or something. IIRC, it's 60% bigger than Earth; is in its own ideal "Goldilocks Zone"; and its sun is 20% brighter than Earth's. One year is 384 days.

So very comparable.

hodgy0_2 24 July 2015 04:06 PM

"meet the keplarvians"

yeah got a certain ring to it

Turbohot 24 July 2015 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11715227)
Keplar 452b, or something. IIRC, it's 60% bigger than Earth; is in its own ideal "Goldilocks Zone"; and its sun is 20% brighter than Earth's. One year is 384 days.

So very comparable.

Wow! Some humans may start migrating to it, in next 50-80 years, then! That'll save this earth from population explosion. I won't be around to see that, otherwise I'd have gone there on one leg due to the sun being 20% brighter there. :cool:

joz8968 24 July 2015 06:45 PM

It's many lightyears away! Bearing in mind that just ONE! lightyear is a trifling 6 trillion miles......then good luck with that one. ;)

Turbohot 24 July 2015 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11715293)
It's many lightyears away! Good luck with that. ;)

Oh, really???? :eek:

In that case, ok, I take back what I said.

Mind you, we might develop friendship with superfast aliens, who could carry us to it in no or least time.

I'm open to all possibilities, although I can't be certain.

joz8968 24 July 2015 07:01 PM

Benevolent aliens...? :Suspiciou

Again, good luck with that. :D

We need to get Rick Moranis on the case... ;)