ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Will CURRYS Come Good?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/641658-will-currys-come-good.html)

pslewis 20 December 2007 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by gpssti4 (Post 7498670)
On a serious note, I hope that this long thread had had an impact on their profits this Christmas, although I suspect it will be insignificant. :Whatever_

Well, as I see it ........ how many views? 9500? Each view a different person/account as I understand?

Assuming only 500 people decided to avoid Currys, Dixons and PCWorld for their Xmas purchases? ..... who wants hassle when something goes wrong? No-one!!

Thats 500 shoppers, who may have spent, what? £200? Thats a sizeable £100,000 ...... profits on that? about £50,000? I'm not sure that would be considered insignificant? It's certainly more than exchanging my TV at a cost of NIL!! (LGE would replace the set if Currys told them to).

What everyone wants is a level of service which is standard at John Lewis (who price match anyway) - The Sony Centre (who also price match) and the likes of ARGOS who have always been incredibly fair and customer focused.

Last time I was treated like this was way back in 1979 when Customers were treated badly ....................... I actually think it was the Maidenhead Branch of Dixons!! :lol1: They have learned a lot in 30 years then?? :lol1: Difference is that I stood in the shop on a Saturday and made a pain of myself ... they gave in. 42" of Plasma filled glass is a little harder to hold onto :D

I'm looking forward to seeing DSGs Solicitor ;)

dpb 20 December 2007 11:00 PM

Should have gone to comet . Mates lcd goodmans set had dead pixel in the middle - he didnt quite have time to take it back with in the 72hrs but a little bit of lickety speech secured a new set :smug:

simpsons ! 20 December 2007 11:09 PM

Why does the picture come up at as MrRee??????????? Lewis if you hav'nt been exposed before you have now. And don't be so anal to produce previous evidence.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/08...icture1335.jpg

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7493959)
Explain youself??

I'll try and make this simple so you can follow:)

Position the arrow of your mouse over the photo. OK?

And in the tool bar at the bottom it gives the name of the photo.

As i have told you before you wouldn't make the village idiots apprentice.

pslewis 20 December 2007 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by simpsons ! (Post 7499002)
I'll try and make this simple so you can follow:)

Position the arrow of your mouse over the photo. OK?

And in the tool bar at the bottom it gives the name of the photo.

As i have told you before you wouldn't make the village idiots apprentice.

No need to be rude ........

I still don't get what you are on about .........

It points to the photo hosting site - why does that matter?

Could you explain what the problem is with that?

simpsons ! 20 December 2007 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7499023)
No need to be rude ........

I still don't get what you are on about .........

It points to the photo hosting site - why does that matter?

Could you explain what the problem is with that?

No I'm not going to waste my breath. :razz:

pslewis 20 December 2007 11:19 PM

I'll just assume that you are talking bollox then??

Sling yer hook ......

chocolate_o_brian 21 December 2007 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7498697)
Well, as I see it ........ how many views? 9500? Each view a different person/account as I understand?

Assuming only 500 people decided to avoid Currys, Dixons and PCWorld for their Xmas purchases? ..... who wants hassle when something goes wrong? No-one!!

Thats 500 shoppers, who may have spent, what? £200? Thats a sizeable £100,000 ...... profits on that? about £50,000? I'm not sure that would be considered insignificant? It's certainly more than exchanging my TV at a cost of NIL!! (LGE would replace the set if Currys told them to).

What everyone wants is a level of service which is standard at John Lewis (who price match anyway) - The Sony Centre (who also price match) and the likes of ARGOS who have always been incredibly fair and customer focused.

Last time I was treated like this was way back in 1979 when Customers were treated badly ....................... I actually think it was the Maidenhead Branch of Dixons!! :lol1: They have learned a lot in 30 years then?? :lol1: Difference is that I stood in the shop on a Saturday and made a pain of myself ... they gave in. 42" of Plasma filled glass is a little harder to hold onto :D

I'm looking forward to seeing DSGs Solicitor ;)

not trying to piss on your bonfire pete. but...

ok 9500 views, that could be only 100 members like myself who have kept an eye on this thread.

maybe only 25 of them will avoid said retailers.

who know out of them 5 or 10 may have spent anything from £2 on batteries to £10 on a tv remote.

sorry, but your figures seem well over estimated. remember poor people like me may only go into said retailers for cheaper stuff, like a toaster:lol1:

see my point:wonder:

pslewis 21 December 2007 09:38 AM

As I said, I understand the views to be individual accounts viewing ..... not multiple views by the same account (but, I may be wrong?).

I see your point but if my statement above is true you are way out with your figures.

What I am trying to say is that if Currys, Dixons and PCWorld treated their customers fairly when problems arose .. it would gain them a lot of goodwill and a lot of good press ... to continue with their Policy of ignoring a customer after the 28 Days are up is costing them goodwill and ££££££££££££'s.

Just do a search for Currys, Dixons and PCWorld Customer Service and you will read 1,000 of stories just the same as mine ................... they should be avoided like the plague.

chocolate_o_brian 21 December 2007 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7499570)
As I said, I understand the views to be individual accounts viewing ..... not multiple views by the same account (but, I may be wrong?).

I see your point but if my statement above is true you are way out with your figures.

What I am trying to say is that if Currys, Dixons and PCWorld treated their customers fairly when problems arose .. it would gain them a lot of goodwill and a lot of good press ... to continue with their Policy of ignoring a customer after the 28 Days are up is costing them goodwill and ££££££££££££'s.

Just do a search for Currys, Dixons and PCWorld Customer Service and you will read 1,000 of stories just the same as mine ................... they should be avoided like the plague.

oh yeah, i understand where your coming from. just some of the figures were very presumptuous thats all.

pslewis 21 December 2007 09:50 AM

Me?

Pesumptious?

Nah .................... :lol1:

pslewis 21 December 2007 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by simpsons ! (Post 7499043)
No I'm not going to waste my breath. :razz:

It has been brought to my attention that, what you may be saying is that you have 'caught' me out as being the master of secrecy ..... MrRee???

:lol1: Good god man, thats OLD, OLD, OLD News .. hence my confusion!! So, yes, well done - go to the top of the class .... apply for a medal, you are without doubt Sherlock Homes re-incarnate :lol1: :rolleyes:

firesorter 21 December 2007 01:50 PM

Currys shop online for appliances, laptops, televisions, MP3 players, sat nav, digital cameras and camcorders, games consoles and more

enter the free draw!!!

Gear Head 21 December 2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7500256)
It has been brought to my attention that, what you may be saying is that you have 'caught' me out as being the master of secrecy ..... MrRee???

:lol1: Good god man, thats OLD, OLD, OLD News .. hence my confusion!! So, yes, well done - go to the top of the class .... apply for a medal, you are without doubt Sherlock Homes re-incarnate :lol1: :rolleyes:

Why do you need more than one username you sad old git? :D

firesorter 21 December 2007 04:14 PM

why does he need to bang on about his cheap telly????

Gear Head 21 December 2007 04:18 PM

because he's a sad old git! :D

pslewis 21 December 2007 04:47 PM

Cheap Tele??

Cheap Tele??

Cheap Tele??

I'll have you know that it cost me nearly 3 days work to pay for it!!!

Thats NOT cheap in my book!

pslewis 21 December 2007 05:13 PM

Currys will face ....

http://www.askbristol.com/images/MoJ...cked_crest.jpg

firesorter 21 December 2007 07:22 PM

and hopefully your case will go down like.......

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1.../titanic-2.jpg

pslewis 21 December 2007 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by bugeyeandy (Post 7342075)
I had a similar problem with Ebuyer when I bought my LCD tv from them.
It arrived with one pixel showing red all the time almost in the middle of the screen. You wouldn't think one pixel would be that bad but it was the most annoying thing and totally intrusive everytime there was a dark scene showing.
Anyway, I boxed it up and got a returns number and the courier came and took it away. Around a week later the courier came back and to my disappointment he'd brought the same tv back (same serial no). Plugged it in switched it on - exactly the same.

Went for round 2 , boxed it up and got a returns number. It got taken away again only to return again another week later but this time with a scrap of paper and a URL printed on it. The url took me to the manufacturers website where it had a table of the acceptable type and number of pixels. In other words they were saying tough luck , live with it.

Wasn't happy with that so I sent it back yet again this time with a letter stating that I had rejected the tv under the sale of goods act as not fit for purpose and that it was wholly unacceptable to keep sending back a clearly faulty from new tv.

A week later - courier comes back (he's getting cheesed off with it too now :) )

Brand new LCD tv, no faults, no dead or stuck pixels.

Just proves that even with a discount on-line store like Ebuyer if you persist and stand your ground you will succeed in the end. All the manufacturers have these acceptable limits for dead/stuck pixels, it's acceptable to them but totally unacceptable to the end user whos just spent a lot of money on their product. They should sell off their faulty panels as seconds not try to dupe customers :mad:

Read through this thread again and this post stands out as an excellent post.

pslewis 21 December 2007 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by firesorter (Post 7501242)
and hopefully your case will go down like.......

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1.../titanic-2.jpg

You don't like me, do you?? :lol1:

MissTree 22 December 2007 07:43 PM

I was about to go into Currys and buy a big TV for £1500, a Cooker for £500, a Hi-Fi for £300, I-Pod Touch for £200, PS3, Sat.Nav, Kettle, Toaster and Curling Tongs.

I went to John Lewis and bought them there after reading this horror story of disgraceful Customer Service!

Thanks for the warning!

:lol1:

B-B 22 December 2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by MissTree (Post 7503404)
I was about to go into Currys and buy a big TV for £1500, a Cooker for £500, a Hi-Fi for £300, I-Pod Touch for £200, PS3, Sat.Nav, Kettle, Toaster and Curling Tongs.

I went to John Lewis and bought them there after reading this horror story of disgraceful Customer Service!

Thanks for the warning!

Wow at 19 with a new Scooby you seem to have a lot of disposable income? Lucky girl.

MissTree 22 December 2007 08:11 PM

My Daddy is rich, he has a Scooby too ..... he used to post on here until he got driven away by a group of sad losers (his words, not mine) :D

gpssti4 22 December 2007 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by MissTree (Post 7503491)
My Daddy is rich, he has a Scooby too ..... he used to post on here until he got driven away by a group of sad losers (his words, not mine) :D

All sing along now, " are you PSLewis in disguise?"

noobyscooby 22 December 2007 09:52 PM

Sorry, but out of the 9,500 views, I regret to advise you that I am so fascinated by Pixel Lewis that I have been here 9,499 times and this is my 9,500th visit.

Happy Christmas!

Luminous 22 December 2007 09:56 PM

10 Green pixels flashing on a wall.....
10 green pixels flashing on a wall...
and if one green pixel should accidentally fall..
there will be 9 green pixels flashing on a wall.

9 Green pixels flashing on a wall.....
9 green pixels flashing on a wall...
and if one green pixel should accidentally fall..
there will be 8 green pixels flashing on a wall.

8 green.......

:lol:

BigSugarDaddy 22 December 2007 11:01 PM

Well I'm not buying from Currys ever again!

BigSugarDaddy 23 December 2007 12:55 AM

This should be top of the pile! :D

And GOODNIGHT! ;)

Thanks for playing with me :D

gazza-uk 23 December 2007 12:56 AM

good night, i'm last :razz:

BigSugarDaddy 23 December 2007 12:57 AM

Cheers :D