ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   well,my 1st time on the rollers and........... (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/976855-well-my-1st-time-on-the-rollers-and.html)

Ash170990 06 June 2013 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11112165)
it was just a bag of problems, not really modded.
just sh1t build quality really.

ecu broke, abs packed up, alarm issues. smoke on start up like fog due to valve stem seals etc

lol i do like them alot, but to find one which will cause no problems would be like finding rocking horse sh1t.... these days most people take the abs off them as its soo rubbish lol

tubbytommy 06 June 2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ash170990 (Post 11112174)
lol i do like them alot, but to find one which will cause no problems would be like finding rocking horse sh1t.... these days most people take the abs off them as its soo rubbish lol

it was back in 96 not really rare then:lol1:

stonejedi 06 June 2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11112168)
anybody know if it will be a ball-ache fitting avcs heads to my car when the rebuild takes place?

Fitting AVCS heads is not the problem getting them to work is,my wife is doing it on here classic as I'm swapping my engine into her classic,but I think with her car is more problems as she is keeping her loom and inlet manifold so at minimum her car needed after market ecu custom loom extension to run the AVCS heads but as yours is a newage it might be a tad more simpler.SJ.

tubbytommy 06 June 2013 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11112182)
Fitting AVCS heads is not the problem getting them to work is,my wife is doing it on here classic as I'm swapping my engine into her classic,but I think with her car is more problems as she is keeping her loom and inlet manifold so at minimum her car needed after market ecu custom loom extension to run the AVCS heads but as yours is a newage it might be a tad more simpler.SJ.

newage sti loom and ecu or syvecs

The Pink Ninja 06 June 2013 04:29 PM

On a Newage WRX you will need a Newage Sti ecu at the least to run it as the WRX one doesn't have the function, Not too difficult after that, If you still have the TGV wiring they us that and add an additional 2/3 more to the ecu I did it on my last scoob, Bad luck BTW but that's modding for you love it or hate it :thumb:

the shreksta 06 June 2013 06:45 PM

yeah that's how things go sometimes. cheers matey......onward and upwards

dunx 06 June 2013 06:58 PM

Sorry to hear your news, but my STI went from 265 to 400+ over ten years and was thrashed and abused on track as well, before I had a 2.1 build done before I broke it by running 2+ bar of boost for the last couple of years....

dunx

the shreksta 06 June 2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 11112333)
Sorry to hear your news, but my STI went from 265 to 400+ over ten years and was thrashed and abused on track as well, before I had a 2.1 build done before I broke it by running 2+ bar of boost for the last couple of years....

dunx

i guess its just a random thing i suppose,im not gonna get all pissy over it.in one way its pushed me now to get a proper build done

the shreksta 06 June 2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11112155)
Lateral performance does a 2.1 stroker kit for around £1700 which a lot of big power cars are running or you could source the parts from the USA like what I did from real street performance talk to Trevor he's spot on.SJ.

just had a look on real street website................very good prices.did you get stung with import tax etc?

stonejedi 06 June 2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11112557)
just had a look on real street website................very good prices.did you get stung with import tax etc?

You have mail.SJ.

bustaMOVEs 06 June 2013 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11112128)
ive not really had any major problems to be honest

-i had to replace the original turbo after 98k it was goosed-these dont last forever

-the brakes gave me a nightmare as the persons that fitted them had never head of a torque wrench/copper grease.cant blame the car for this

and the gearbox had to be changed but it wasnt a major hassle

looking through the service history the car up to 57k when the original engine failed was given a engine flush with every oil change........:nono::nono::nono:

the car has been super reliable using no liquids between servicing and i have never had to take it to my mechanic for anything else other than mentioned so i wouldnt say its been un-reliable

i think i am going to save for a rebuild and go for a stroker..........if im going to do it im gonna do it properly.

what do you think of the graphs?

Sorry about your luck fella.
But the above shows it's had a hard life and been driven to death or not warmed and cooled properly, a turbo and box replacement under 100k? Loads of cars have gone past that.
Fair enough it's got the service history but as you've just seen it means jack at this present time. And are you sure it's had a sti bottom end rebuild at power station, I know you have receipt but have you had a good look at the actual part? Just the brake tourque problem shows a incompetent mechanic or owner, so who knows the rest.
Onwards and upwards fella :thumb:

the shreksta 06 June 2013 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11112595)
Sorry about your luck fella.
But the above shows it's had a hard life and been driven to death or not warmed and cooled properly, a turbo and box replacement under 100k? Loads of cars have gone past that.
Fair enough it's got the service history but as you've just seen it means jack at this present time. And are you sure it's had a sti bottom end rebuild at power station, I know you have receipt but have you had a good look at the actual part? Just the brake tourque problem shows a incompetent mechanic or owner, so who knows the rest.
Onwards and upwards fella :thumb:

im not sure to be honest,but i have around £10k in paperwork from powerstation and when i rang them before i bought the car as soon as i said the reg number they knew the car.im guessing its just one of those things that happen...........oh well i will rebuild it better and stronger :thumb:

bustaMOVEs 06 June 2013 09:51 PM

Oh and the graph looks good, nice spool but it tails off towards top end but that's expected for a vf35.

jura11 07 June 2013 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by GAZ2293 (Post 11112185)
On a Newage WRX you will need a Newage Sti ecu at the least to run it as the WRX one doesn't have the function, Not too difficult after that, If you still have the TGV wiring they us that and add an additional 2/3 more to the ecu I did it on my last scoob, Bad luck BTW but that's modding for you love it or hate it :thumb:

JDM WRX ECU can run/control AVCS,probably long shot,but someone maybe selling JDM WRX ECU

Jura

the shreksta 07 June 2013 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 11112810)
JDM WRX ECU can run/control AVCS,probably long shot,but someone maybe selling JDM WRX ECU

Jura

will investigate this further I think

Turbo Tone 07 June 2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11112991)

Not sure if its still for sale?

https://www.scoobynet.com/full-cars-...-breaking.html :thumb:

jura11 07 June 2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11112991)

Hi there

I think someone over here in Breaking section selling/breaking JDM WRX

Jura

Bashtech 07 June 2013 11:17 AM

Bad luck shreksta, at least this time you will be doing it properly start to finish and can be sure it's all done properly.

The Pink Ninja 07 June 2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 11112810)

Jura

Yep you're right Jura I forgot about that one, I know when I did the swap I did a full transplant ie Sti block,heads,inlet and exhaust manifold with ecu etc...As it was the easiest way for me due to timescale and i got it all for a bargain £1k at the time but that was a few years back now :thumb: