ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WR1 or type 25 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/970875-wr1-or-type-25-a.html)

ditchmyster 06 April 2013 09:49 PM

And for me the previous posts about sum up where i'm at with my type r, nothing i have ever driven gives me quite the buzz that a type r gives me within the confines of my safety/sensible zone on the road, anything more than about 330/350bhp and it starts to get silly/dangerous if your using it to it's FULL potential.:thumb:

ditchmyster 06 April 2013 09:57 PM

Sorry tony but that video did nothing for me.:freak3:

Think i need to revise some of my posts.:(

As a great man once said. " Don't think Feel, it's like a finger pointing away to the moon, SLAP, Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory" ;)

B4D HK 08 April 2013 11:56 PM

Its obviously personal choice, I love them all and would still own all. However I must say on track you cant beat a JDM :)

The Pink Ninja 09 April 2013 07:16 AM

+201874689 :D

T5NYW 09 April 2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11050585)
Sorry tony but that video did nothing for me.:freak3:

;)

Oh well it would be a sad old worldcifvwecall liked the same. as all threads like this or UK versus JDM threads It's all about personal taste I love marmite :D

If we weren't passionate about our own cars we'd just be a bunch of Burberry hatted boy racers ;) LOL

Originally Posted by B4D HK (Post 11052813)
Its obviously personal choice, I love them all and would still own all. However I must say on track you cant beat a JDM :)

+1

I've always enjoyed all the cars I've driven and owned. To be fair I've driven a vast variety of Subaru from UK2000 to 22B to type20 to type 25 R's to RA-R and variations between. 3 group N Scoobs Even drove prototype P1 and at Warwick I drove a prototype RB320 before release.

Sadly never got to drive a WRC SCOOB

I really rate the P1, RB320, 330s and new saloon as the best UK models. They were sadly let down by the 2.5ltr reliability which ruined the marque reputation IMHO

Tony

kad 16v 09 April 2013 07:07 PM

Depends what he wants out of a car?

Both are good and are a little less common than your average blue scoob.

As I mentioned though what does he want out of the car.

What's his budget like?

As for the sound the car makes, I didn't buy my type 20 for the noise, my mind was made up after a trip down a certain roman road with tony, its all about the drivability for me and it is the best thing I've ever had the pleasure of driving

T5NYW 09 April 2013 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by kad 16v (Post 11053581)
As for the sound the car makes, I didn't buy my type 20 for the noise, my mind was made up after a trip down a certain roman road with tony, its all about the drivability for me and it is the best thing I've ever had the pleasure of driving

Ed

I think you we're pleasantly surprised :lol1:

:thumb::thumb:

Tony

frayz 09 April 2013 10:41 PM

All down to the individual.

Personally I have a UK car that started out as a 2 ltr. The Subaru thumb is nice for a while but then it starts to grate on me and now I'd rather not have it. Now I have a 2.5ltr and love the extra torque, but with a 35R you most definitely get that bat round the head as the boost comes on.
I have GTspec unequal headers that have a little flat 4 beat at idle and then tails off into the upper RPM range.

Personally if I could find a set of equal length GT spec or RCM headers I'd swap completely.
I love how much more angry and purposeful the equal length header cars sound.

Horses for courses as they say :)

gregwill 09 April 2013 11:13 PM

For me owning a bug sti and now owning a T-20 I must say I personally prefer the T-20's power delivery and love the sound on it when im giving it some :norty: but sometimes when im just pottering around I do miss the scooby burble! Another thing that I love about it is having the higher rev limit. So for me if I had to choose the JDM's got my vote. :)