ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   pulled over by police (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/970674-pulled-over-by-police.html)

blackpoolrock 02 April 2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by ianbott (Post 11045968)
There is one thing being suspicious and there is another thing being guilty. The guy said he is insured so what makes you think he isn't insured? I bought and sold cars part time whilst also doing another job, I used a traders policy no issues even had a van on the policy no issues that I used for my day job.
Insurance companies in my experience aren't bothered what you do as long as you tell the truth.

I wouldn't worry about speeding as they have no proof but if they think you overtook dangerously then they could hit you with driving without due care, careless/wreck less driving or even dangerous driving so expect the worse.

but he is insured - its on the policy and hes a named driver. the police didnt take the car so happy days.

tubbytommy 02 April 2013 08:55 PM

god knows but i wouldnt expect it to be the end if the police are concerned, it depends on the mood they are in.

blackpoolrock 02 April 2013 08:56 PM

now if he was in a customer car - techniacally insured but useing for non work related then that is a grey area, but as its named on the policy AND so is he its fine

tubbytommy 02 April 2013 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11045983)
The cars insured hence why they let me go but they just found it hard to believe im insured cz of my age, they couldnt gt all the details up for some reason but it did come up as insured, it also showed that I am the registered keeper and owner of the vehicle, jad mot and road tax. :)

so the car is owned and registered to you and not the business that the traders policy is for.

so are you sure thats insured then??

blackpoolrock 02 April 2013 09:03 PM

case closed then

tubbytommy 02 April 2013 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11045989)
Yes its insured under my bosses policy for me to drive for work and social use

so you only drive in the hours of 9-5 ,
sorry i dont believe that for one minute.

your car is probably technically insured but in the event of an accident im betting it will come to light that its not.

people like you drive up the cost for the rest of the honest owners.

blackpoolrock 02 April 2013 09:06 PM

he stated he has social and domestic on it too !

chopperman 02 April 2013 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11045865)
Yeah, its insured, I know thats fine, they said they dont knw what they are doing about the speeding cz they going to write a report up first

Write up a report or report you for prosecution ? sounds like they considered your offence to serious for a fixed penalty so are reporting you to CPS for a court appearance. That normally means more than the 3 pts and the fine level given on a fixed pen ticket. Either that or there not going to bother just as long as the insurance is in order.

dj219957 02 April 2013 09:07 PM

did you not have your listening ears on when they pulled you over?

chopperman 02 April 2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11046005)
NO PAPERWORK, NO CAMERA, NO PRODUCER, SO IM FREE?!?! :D

Afraid not. They have two weeks to give you a notice of intended prosecution and six months to summons you from date of offence. Even if they cant prove speed they can get you on driving without due care and attention.

bustaMOVEs 02 April 2013 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11045941)
Corsa undercover, 2 officers one female and one male

A corsa undercover car cannot do you for a traffic offence as they have no equipment for proof to take it to court
The officer and partner is not efficent evidence for court

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11045947)
No speed gun, just seen me

as above they are just acting like their doing there job as you did it in front of them, if they thought you had no insurance they would of called a traffic car to takeover and remove your car there and then.
As for a speeding ticket or points, nope as they have to give it to you there and then unless driving recklessly or crazy speeds and then it would be dealt at court to ban you etc, but as you say a undercover corsa, no chance.

Originally Posted by blackpoolrock (Post 11045958)
its rubbish - you got no paperwork - they couldnt confirm if you had insurance and they let you go ??? NOT A CHANCE. its to to YOU to prove insurance at the road side, they DO NOT LET you go then come along to you at a later date. no speed gun ? was it RObocop with Lazer eyes ?????? if they cant prove your speed they cant do you. If they had you on camera in the car they HAVE TO SHOW YOU and read you your rights at the road side. there trying to **** you up and it looks like there doing a good job to me !!!!

this.

And I hope to god you are insured.

tubbytommy 02 April 2013 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11046012)
ive read many posts by you and you seem to know your stuff, but like dont you read properly? Im insured on MY SCOOBY FOR WORK AND SOCIAL, for customers cars its for work only between 9-5.

well fair play to you if you have found a loop hole, i cant say i agree with it one bit though.

i hope if an accident occurs you are as insured as you think you are.

i dont know enough about insurance to comment, all i know is if they can get out of paying they can and will.

if the police have your details though i wouldnt bet on that being the end of it, i thought id hear no more about my plate until the fine arrived.

its fine saying ill go to court etc, but if you have ever been down that path you will know the courts will always side with the police and then if you lose youre saddled with costs also, after all its your word against 2 coppers.

blackpoolrock 02 April 2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11046005)
NO PAPERWORK, NO CAMERA, NO PRODUCER, SO IM FREE?!?! :D

did they read your rights ??????

you do not have to say any thing but what you do say etc

(why do we say read your rights when they dont actually read it !)

tubbytommy 02 April 2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by chopperman (Post 11046022)
Afraid not. They have two weeks to give you a notice of intended prosecution and six months to summons you from date of offence. Even if they cant prove speed they can get you on driving without due care and attention.

yep this is what i got a nip.

pay the fine or take your cahnce in court.

i paid up :cry:

blackpoolrock 02 April 2013 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11046031)
well fair play to you if you have found a loop hole, i cant say i agree with it one bit though.

i dont know enough about insurance to comment, all i know is if they can get out of paying they can and will.

if the police have your details though i wouldnt bet on that being the end of it, i thought id hear no more about my plate until the fine arrived.

its fine saying ill go to court etc, but if you have ever been down that path you will know the courts will always side with the police and then if you lose youre saddled with costs also, after all its your word against 2 coppers.

tommy its got to be said i had a off on a trade insurance car named and i had social and domestic on it, they payed out.

also my pal has on that hes had for years that is ANYCAR ANYTIME NO LIMITS AND ANY PERSON WITH HIS PERMISSION !

wouldnt fancy trying that one out though if im honest !

chopperman 02 April 2013 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11046031)

Most of the time but not always. I have proved reasonable doubt in court and it was ruled "no case to answer". And that was for speeding recorded on Vascar. All depends on whether the copper did his job properly and how good you can put your case across to the beak. Funny thing is the only time i have got away with it was when representing myself. Every time i've used a lawyer i've got done. Another time i plead guilty with mitigation and was given an absolute discharge. Court is nothing more than a test of whit.

tubbytommy 02 April 2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11046051)
Yea they did say that but I replied back with I do not wish to say anything...(was that the right thing to say?)

Then you have been cautioned.
So expect a n.i.p. in the coming weeks

blackpoolrock 02 April 2013 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11046051)
Yea they did say that but I replied back with I do not wish to say anything...(was that the right thing to say?)

id of said something.............................then got arrested

if they read that to you then they must of given you a small piece of paper, what does it say.

Tidgy 02 April 2013 09:36 PM

first off ignore tubbs, he's on the troll.

if you didnt get any paperwork then I wouldn't be surprised if thats it and as long as insurance is ok you prob wont hear any more, remember they have to inform you within 14 days if anythign is gonna be taken further.

Tidgy 02 April 2013 09:41 PM

nowt else you can do mate, i dont think they will be to bothered abotu the 50 in a 40 (as long as not dangerous), they will be lookign to do you for lack of insurance. If nothign comes of that then they will prob give up with it.

Tidgy 02 April 2013 09:45 PM

haha, aunty knows best :) lol

chopperman 02 April 2013 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11046089)
Lol

Well I hope I dont then, guess il be having 14 days og sleepless nights lol, just have to wait and see :(

If they told you they are reporting you when they pulled you over then the 2 weeks for NIP doesn't come into it as you have already had that at the scene. They now have 6 months from the date of offence to summons you.
6 months sleepless nights not 2 weeks now.

Tidgy 02 April 2013 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by chopperman (Post 11046112)
If they told you they are reporting you when they pulled you over then the 2 weeks for NIP doesn't come into it as you have already had that at the scene. They now have 6 months from the date of offence to summons you.
6 months sleepless nights not 2 weeks now.

Can they legally do that verbally?

blackpoolrock 02 April 2013 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11046073)
They gave me no paperwork mate... They didnt tell me whats going to happen apart from we will write up a report and let you know..

u said earlyer they did give u so,ething or am i wrong

chopperman 02 April 2013 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11046117)
Can they legally do that verbally?

Yup. unless things have changed since i was last pulled for being a bad boy. Quite a few years ago i will admit. The 2 weeks for NIP was more for people not pulled at the time of offence or snapped by camera.

yabbadoo4 02 April 2013 09:56 PM

Sit tight. I reckon as long as your insurance checks out you will be fine.

paul98typer 02 April 2013 09:59 PM

As above if you've not heard within 14 days your ok.
Got done speeding last year and i did'nt get a fixed penalty road side, it was sent off somewhere, came back a week later with option of 3 points or half days driver training. Took the training and kept my clean license.

Tidgy 02 April 2013 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by chopperman (Post 11046130)
Yup. unless things have changed since i was last pulled for being a bad boy. Quite a few years ago i will admit. The 2 weeks for NIP was more for people not pulled at the time of offence or snapped by camera.

Apparently NIP has to be done via paper, not verbal (pepipoo), een if told it still has to come through the post and they would have more than likley done it on the spot. Only other option is S172 which is a request for driver details, which they already have.

bustaMOVEs 02 April 2013 10:16 PM

As said above in my post, assuming you have told us the truth?
They can't do you for it on the information you've gave us, it wasn't a traffic car so end of.

These threads always turn into these everyone knows better scenarios and scare/wind you up.

Thank me later

chopperman 02 April 2013 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11046157)
Apparently NIP has to be done via paper, not verbal (pepipoo), een if told it still has to come through the post and they would have more than likley done it on the spot. Only other option is S172 which is a request for driver details, which they already have.

Maybe things have change over the years. I remember a time a copper could stand on the motorway bridge with nothing more than a stop watch and time you between bridges, and get a conviction.