ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Had enough of subarus. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/970200-had-enough-of-subarus.html)

rob84 29 March 2013 11:39 PM

Cant say I've had any issues with coolant refil's. Then again I have a vacuum refil kit which makes very short work of filling without air locks
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...34200932_n.jpg

Peedee 29 March 2013 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by buff01 (Post 11041259)
Believe mate don't get rid of :-) I just sold my wr1 & do I regret it oh yes I do,, try a few thing suggested first

Agreed. About a week after selling my P1 I regretted it!

ALi-B 30 March 2013 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by rob84 (Post 11041361)
Cant say I've had any issues with coolant refil's. Then again I have a vacuum refil kit which makes very short work of filling without air locks
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...34200932_n.jpg

A must-have tool for anyone with a car that has a Rover K-series engine. :D

Same goes for 2.5 imprezas as they hate being overheated.

Drewrayner1 30 March 2013 05:16 PM

Thanks for all the help and positive comments guys. Been really stressing out with this issue over the last week. As mentioned by firez34 I took a closer look at the plastic rad end caps and there seems to be some fracturing around the area where the top hose connects. After running the car under boost and then pulling over and having another check there seems to be a strong coolant smell from this area but no signs of a leak. I think ill get a new rad fitted as this looks as if it may be the problem (or at least contributing towards it) and fit some new hoses at the same time as the old ones are looking a little tired. Thanks again for all the positive replies. Nice to see that Tubbytommy still doesn't have anything constructive to say and Stevebt, just because I've only posted 13 times doesn't mean that I don't login and read other posts on a daily basis. I just don't feel the need to post if I don't have anything constructive to say.

AndyBaker 30 March 2013 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Drewrayner1 (Post 11041951)
Thanks for all the help and positive comments guys. Been really stressing out with this issue over the last week. As mentioned by firez34 I took a closer look at the plastic rad end caps and there seems to be some fracturing around the area where the top hose connects. After running the car under boost and then pulling over and having another check there seems to be a strong coolant smell from this area but no signs of a leak. I think ill get a new rad fitted as this looks as if it may be the problem (or at least contributing towards it) and fit some new hoses at the same time as the old ones are looking a little tired. Thanks again for all the positive replies. Nice to see that Tubbytommy still doesn't have anything constructive to say and Stevebt, just because I've only posted 13 times doesn't mean that I don't login and read other posts on a daily basis. I just don't feel the need to post if I don't have anything constructive to say.

Well said that man :thumb:

ditchmyster 30 March 2013 05:33 PM

There is a group buy on alloy rads at the moment.:thumb:

tubbytommy 30 March 2013 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Drewrayner1 (Post 11041951)

i never have anything constructive to say or help newbs:Whatever_

Drewrayner1 30 March 2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11041964)
i never have anything constructive to say or help newbs:Whatever_

Charming.

Drewrayner1 30 March 2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11041963)
There is a group buy on alloy rads at the moment.:thumb:

How much are they mate?

Maz 30 March 2013 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Drewrayner1 (Post 11042017)
Charming.

He was being sarcastic. Tubby isn't all bad, it's just banter that's all. You just need a thick skin and not take every thing literally. Hopefully you'll get the car sorted, best of luck.:thumb: