ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESOC Fishing day (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/969390-esoc-fishing-day.html)

DantheMan2605 30 March 2013 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 11041509)
:thumb:

take some boilies to chuck at each other :lol1:

That could turn ugly though.....

I carry the BB gun in the bag, usually reserved for the ducks

maz_man 30 March 2013 12:55 PM

Dan slingshots hav a far better range than a bb gun! Haha

DantheMan2605 02 June 2013 03:03 PM

Bump

Calling all anglers and any other members that wish to attend a fishing day.

The weather is improving and showing signs of a decent days fishing for a bit of fun.

Anyone wishing to attend a day out on a lake dont be afraid to show your interest. You dont have to be an out and out angler to attend a day like this. It will, however cost a small sum, for instance, a 1 day rod licence is around £3 ish, and average charge for the lake would be £10 ish, plus your equipment, (rod, tackle, bait etc...)

If you would be interested, a 1 day rod licence can be obtained here https://www.postoffice.co.uk/rod-fishing-licence/short or by simply walking into a post office and buying one in person. The lake charge will be while on the lake.

Im sure if more experienced anglers are going to attend then there may be a possibility of sharing some equipment between the non experienced or you could buy your own if your interested in taking up the sport for the future. I would recomend buyin your own rod and reel as a minimum which doesnt have to be very expensive.

Just thought id bump this up to freshen the idea and hopefully get the ball rolling.

Any lake venue recomendations are welcome, remember if there are a healthy number of non experienced anglers then a venue with plenty of stockies with floater fishing would be preferred as to keep the 'fun' factor for this day out.

Who knows if this is successful we may be abke to squeeze in a few more this year.

trails 03 June 2013 12:47 PM

Dan is it worth floating some dates for this...maybe even an evening sesh now the weather has improved a little?

Scoobysmeet 03 June 2013 07:46 PM

Yeah I will struggle to do any weekends now the better weather is here.

DantheMan2605 03 June 2013 08:17 PM

I'm really not fussed gents. Nothing is set in stone, just keeping the idea alive for any possibility. Personally I don't mind what sort of session we do, I'm equipped for a day of fun or an overnighter etc...

If there aren't any fishing newbies interested perhaps we could plan an overnighter for the more serious of us anglers?

RB5_390 03 June 2013 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11109526)
I'm really not fussed gents. Nothing is set in stone, just keeping the idea alive for any possibility. Personally I don't mind what sort of session we do, I'm equipped for a day of fun or an overnighter etc...

If there aren't any fishing newbies interested perhaps we could plan an overnighter for the more serious of us anglers?

I have been speaking with the guy who runs Honeypots Lakes in Stock, just beyond the Hoop pub down Honeypots. The lake is both a day ticket or evening. Price runs from £10 for 12 hrs, 7am - 7pm or £20 for 24hrs, this is also for 2 rods. The lake has carp, bream, tench etc. www.honeypotlakes.co.uk

I'm booked in for Sat 13th July for 12 hrs at the mo as may do 24 but this lake is fishing very well at the mo. One angler did Fri-Sun last wk and finished with 30 carp!!:eek:

DantheMan2605 03 June 2013 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by RB5_390 (Post 11109590)
I have been speaking with the guy who runs Honeypots Lakes in Stock, just beyond the Hoop pub down Honeypots. The lake is both a day ticket or evening. Price runs from £10 for 12 hrs, 7am - 7pm or £20 for 24hrs, this is also for 2 rods. The lake has carp, bream, tench etc. www.honeypotlakes.co.uk

I'm booked in for Sat 13th July for 12 hrs at the mo as may do 24 but this lake is fishing very well at the mo. One angler did Fri-Sun last wk and finished with 30 carp!!:eek:

You talking about the back lake I presume? I was there last week.:lol1:

dont forget the cats. A few around the 30 mark. I had one last year, must be pushing 40 now.:norty:

Jim is the bailiff, him and his mrs, selena run it now as the poor old guy has cancer, he came over on his cart last week and the poor bloke has lost the plot.

As for the back lake though, theres a few lumps growing in there now, had a 16 mirror off the top:thumb:

trails 04 June 2013 12:57 PM

Been a looooonnngggg-ass time since I did 'proper' fishing...may have to cheap and bring my secret weapon with me ;)

Knotty_ 04 June 2013 01:10 PM

I havent been for years - and when I did go it was only ever float fishing with cheapy equipment.

Might have some of it about, and if so I might be up for a day session.

RB5_390 04 June 2013 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11109674)
You talking about the back lake I presume? I was there last week.:lol1:

dont forget the cats. A few around the 30 mark. I had one last year, must be pushing 40 now.:norty:

Jim is the bailiff, him and his mrs, selena run it now as the poor old guy has cancer, he came over on his cart last week and the poor bloke has lost the plot.

As for the back lake though, theres a few lumps growing in there now, had a 16 mirror off the top:thumb:

Yeah thats it... the lake is really nice and fishing very well at the mo so if you or anyone else is free on the 13th and fancies a days fishing (Carp mainly) then come join me. I have a spare carp rod and reel so if your short on tackle I can help out for the day. :thumb:

DantheMan2605 06 June 2013 12:30 PM

Sounds good to me. I shall pencil it into the diary and hopefully get myself down for the day. :thumb:

trails 06 June 2013 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11111983)
Sounds good to me. I shall pencil it into the diary and hopefully get myself down for the day. :thumb:

shame I'd have come down but I'm off Mon\Tue :Suspiciou

trails 25 June 2013 12:23 PM

well this has gone a bit quiet...I've decided to take the next two weeks off so if anyone is planning anything I'd be up for a dangle :)

DantheMan2605 25 June 2013 04:30 PM

Hmmm just jogged my memory you posting on here.

I'm stuck at Wimbledon for the next 2 weeks, then working out of the country for 10 days, then France fishing for a week and a finishing touch of a stag weekend. So I am out :cry:

trails 25 June 2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11131525)
Hmmm just jogged my memory you posting on here.

I'm stuck at Wimbledon for the next 2 weeks, then working out of the country for 10 days, then France fishing for a week and a finishing touch of a stag weekend. So I am out :cry:

PM sent Dan :thumb:

RB5_390 04 July 2013 11:45 AM

just thought i'd revise the thread and remind people i am fishing at Honeypot Lakes in Stock on July 13th (next sat) from 7am for 12hrs, however will prob extend to do the 24hrs as the lake is fishing very well at the mo.

DantheMan2605 04 July 2013 01:12 PM

Good luck with it dude. With next weeks predicted heat wave... -.- Should be a smashing day