ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Me and the gf seperating mortgage. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/944604-me-and-the-gf-seperating-mortgage.html)

Evolution Stu 30 July 2012 07:26 AM

Also, dont forget the seperation order, its an absolute NECESSITY nowadays.

Did you know that if you win the lottery, even after your divorce, the ex wife can claim half of it? Take care out there...!

chrishigham 30 July 2012 12:00 PM

right a little update, i went to visit the bank and they checked to see if i could afford the mortgage on my own and i cant so the only option now is to sell the house. I asked if my parents could be guarentors, which they could be but they must prove they can pay the mortgage themselves and after my dads heart attack on thursday i dont want to bother them with this. The annoying bit is i could afford it, the subaru, gym and expensive virgin tv package would all have to go but i could quite easily but there computer says no.

LEO-RS 30 July 2012 01:26 PM

Why the need for seperation orders etc?

Can you not just remortgage the house with a different lender under your name only or is it to do with title deeds on buying the house in the 1st place?

chrishigham 30 July 2012 01:46 PM

i just spoke to an estate agent and he recommended trying to re mortgage under just my name

Evolution Stu 30 July 2012 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by LEO-RS (Post 10729854)
Why the need for seperation orders

Because a divorce does nothing more legally than dissolve the marriage and allow you freedom to remarry. It does not sever financial, moral or obligatory ties to each other, which is why you read about divorced men getting nailed financially 5 years later or so when they win lottery etc etc... clever lawyers advise the woman to keep an eye on her ex in case his standard of living improves. :wall:

chrishigham 30 July 2012 02:09 PM

we arent married thankfully if that makes any difference

New_scooby_04 30 July 2012 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 10729885)
Because a divorce does nothing more legally than dissolve the marriage and allow you freedom to remarry. It does not sever financial, moral or obligatory ties to each other, which is why you read about divorced men getting nailed financially 5 years later or so when they win lottery etc etc... clever lawyers advise the woman to keep an eye on her ex in case his standard of living improves. :wall:

That works both ways though, presumably? ;) :D

Carlh 30 July 2012 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by chrishigham (Post 10727346)
I recently found out my GF was cheating, so what i want to no is what options are there for the home. Can i get her name off the mortgage? Pay her off somehow? Im clueless and also didnt expect to have to do this.
Is it best to go to a solicitor first or my bank and explain the problem.

hope everything goes ok for you chris :thumb:

chrishigham 30 July 2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Carlh (Post 10730000)
hope everything goes ok for you chris :thumb:

cheers :thumb:

tubbytommy 30 July 2012 04:05 PM

having been through this previously (2003) me and my ex got the house valued and i just gave her half the equity and we split the stuff inside.
i then remortgaged for her half of the equity and gave her the money.
that said though it was very amicable and no kids involved.
unlike my divorce in 2010 which wasnt so easy as 2 kids were involved.
this was more complicated as a house two kids and two cars were involved.
but it all worked out ok in the end, you pay your child maintenance,see your kids as there is nothing else you can do.
try not to make it messy with your ex if kids are involved though as they can pretty much do what they want kids wise and its very hard to get access if they dont want you to have it.
good luck though fella

Midlife...... 30 July 2012 04:50 PM

Did I read the post right..... you are not married?

If this is the case then it's completely different to a divorce. Children are very different too as you have no automatic parental rights. Tricky and legal advice deffo needed.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...ends/index.htm

Shaun

Jamz3k 30 July 2012 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by jef (Post 10729388)
choose very very wisely imo!!

I think you can try to choose wisely but in the end all women are the same much in the same way all men are the same, its pretty much damage control. Regardless of how nice you think a woman is, it is generally as fake as the caked in makeup face she has on, she'll claw your eyes out the minute it suits her (or the minute you stop suiting her needs). imo.

GlesgaKiss 30 July 2012 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10730170)
I think you can try to choose wisely but in the end all women are the same much in the same way all men are the same, its pretty much damage control. Regardless of how nice you think a woman is, it is generally as fake as the caked in makeup face she has on, she'll claw your eyes out the minute it suits her (or the minute you stop suiting her needs). imo.

And life is unpredictable.

Hope it works out for you, OP.

chrishigham 30 July 2012 06:59 PM

Thanks everyone, thats right we're not married, the house was valued today there will be roughly 70'000 equioty so half that = R34 GTR

kenc 30 July 2012 11:28 PM

I dont think its just a case of the bank wont let you have it on your own, and you have to sell it??? that doesnt make sense, so if in an bad time your house say that you owe 200k on is only sold for 100k... who covers the 100k loss???? You are not fit for a mortage according to them so are they going to suffer the 100k... if so everyone would be "breaking up"
IMO you shouldnt of went near the bank, you need legal advice not bankers advice...

If for example you GF said she wanted nothing to do with the house, and wanted off the Mortage, what would the bank do then?
With the right legal backing you can do the dictating, not the bank

chrishigham 30 July 2012 11:52 PM

they said i couldnt afford the mortgage on my single income, and i could go elsewhere and try and remorgage. We bought the house for 183k and it got valued today at at least 250k (we got it cheap in the first place). I will go and seek legal advice before i jump into anything thanks:thumb:

Turbohot 31 July 2012 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 10728299)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bloody brilliant

I think if you can settle things between the two of you its the best way,A pal of mine when he split from her,she wanted the house valued at £250.000 and half the business etc,like hell did he want that to happen,something he had worked at to build up.He just kept her sweet got her a house and just bunged her some money for the kids etc.He was just in a fortunate position to be able to afford it though,mind you she was a cock teaser,type of woman who would try and make you jealous by flirting with other blokes..

If she was such a cock teaser d!ckhead, why on earth did your pal marry that woman and had two kids with her??? They say that one needs to keeps his/her eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards. He did the opposite, by the read of it. Unless he likes to be emotionally abused/challenged, but couldn't hack living with it 24/7.

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10730170)

And then some peeps will go through it all over again with someone new. New relationship for them also starts all nicey nicey, but one day, that new person also becomes their worst enemy. However, it makes them feel better when they think -" I am the sole victim in this, and she is a total biatch or he is a right barsturd through n' through! :mad::cry::(". Viscious cycle for some.

ScoobyWon't 31 July 2012 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 10732341)
And then some peeps will go through it all over again with someone new. New relationship for them also starts all nicey nicey, but one day, that new person also becomes their worst enemy. However, it makes them feel better when they think -" I am the sole victim in this, and she is a total biatch or he is a right barsturd through n' through! :mad::cry::(". Viscious cycle for some.

And yet they never realise that the only common denominator in all of their failed relationships is themselves.

Turbohot 31 July 2012 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 10732356)
And yet they never realise that the only common denominator in all of their failed relationships is themselves.

This is exactly what I meant, SW.

Victims need to examine their own vulnerability as well as spot the evil in the exploiting party, especially the ones who keep choosing to fall for abuse. Other than that, just being with someone isn't enough for either party. How you are with them matters most. Unfortunately, people change with time. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. After starting a living-in relationship, its often observed that some people hit the comfort zone, and become different to what they used to be, when they spent some quality hours together while dating. That sort of thing doesn't help either.

Jamz3k 02 August 2012 08:33 PM

The examples below show how men and women are wired differently.

Susan Boyle is brute ulgy and minted, she's single because a man would rather be skint and banging some fine ass than minted and eating from Susan Boyles acidic furry cup.

Paul Daniels, he's short, old and rich. He's knows that Debbie McGee only cared about the money and he doesn't care that people made fun of him because at the end of the day he was banging Debbie McGee and is quite happy to pay for it.

Women love money and will do anything for it.
Men love fine ass and will do anything for it.

tubbytommy 02 August 2012 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10734806)
The examples below show how men and women are wired differently.

Susan Boyle is brute ulgy and minted, she's single because a man would rather be skint and banging some fine ass than minted and eating from Susan Boyles acidic furry cup.

Paul Daniels, he's short, old and rich. He's knows that Debbie McGee only cared about the money and he doesn't care that people made fun of him because at the end of the day he was banging Debbie McGee and is quite happy to pay for it.

Women love money and will do anything for it.
Men love fine ass and will do anything for it.

i love chips:luvlove:

Jamz3k 02 August 2012 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10734822)
i love chips:luvlove:

I love fishy fingers:luvlove: