ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   rubbish window tints (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/942199-rubbish-window-tints.html)

CharlySkunkWeed 08 July 2012 11:03 AM

I would ask for my money back as he probably wont do a good job anyway. Pay someone else to do it asap before the glue dries completly

rob84 08 July 2012 12:35 PM

All mine on my hatch were one piece with fancy uv reflecting film
Never seen any done in 2 pieces before mind.

SirFozzalot 08 July 2012 12:59 PM

I watched mine being fitted, done in one piece, with the rear seat and parcel shelf etc. all still in place......all three rear windows done for under £100. Also comes with a "lifetime" guarantee. He said if at any time they start to peel or im not happy, then bring it back and he will replace them free of charge. Sorry mate I wouldn't let this one go :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...12_2_noreg.jpg

tony de wonderful 08 July 2012 01:50 PM

'Pimp tints' lol.

I really don't get the appeal of a completely opaque window. There's loads of Range Rover Sports around here like that and pimped up Porsche Cayannes with matt paint too.

tubbytommy 08 July 2012 04:45 PM

heres a quick picture of mine

i think i paid £120 for the rear screen which was fitted in one and the rear doors.
the back window was fitted in one piece.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...708_161750.jpg

zippy! 08 July 2012 05:40 PM

my black impreza was done in one piece with seats in and all 5 windows cost me £165 even managed to get them all the same/correct colour :lol1: that job is an absolute joke and no way would i be letting it drop i wouldnt even have left the premises with my car till it was rectified :nono:

BoozyDave 18 October 2012 09:49 PM

right, got an update....

i have continued with the small claims and he has kept saying he's not paying/doing anything. so i filled the court papers and waited. i had a call from a mediator, he has offered to remove the film and all the glue, give me a full refund and some cash on top. :luxhello:

i'd prefer him not to touch my car again, but if i said no and took him to court, the judge could be funny with me because he has offered to refund me and put my car back as it was.

:D

Hawkeye D 18 October 2012 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by boozydave (Post 10834464)
right, got an update....

i have continued with the small claims and he has kept saying he's not paying/doing anything. so i filled the court papers and waited. i had a call from a mediator, he has offered to remove the film and all the glue, give me a full refund and some cash on top. :luxhello:

i'd prefer him not to touch my car again, but if i said no and took him to court, the judge could be funny with me because he has offered to refund me and put my car back as it was.

If I was you, just keep an eye on everything as they are removing the film / glue.

I would if it was me. Smile kindly, give them the finger :hjtwofing and drive off.

lordharding 19 October 2012 12:42 AM

That's terrible job
Your not being unreasonable in wanting a refund as it looks daft Ian split

Mine is in one piece

CharlySkunkWeed 19 October 2012 07:41 AM

Let us know if he removes it witout damaging the heater element , and if possible watch how he does it. I got a bad rear tint but didnt want to make things worse when removing , so just left it.

Fleetster 19 October 2012 08:18 AM

I would get the refund and end it there, no way would I let someone I had tried to take to court touch my car, not a chance, you have no idea how people tick....

mikeyw 19 October 2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by boozydave (Post 10834464)
right, got an update....

Given what he has offered taking it to court will not gain you anything more, and the fact that you have turned down what is a reasonable settlement will go against you with a magistrate. Certainly get the refund and the compensation, but perhaps decline the offer of removing it, and instead state that you will get it professionally removed and he can foot the bill for that. That way you dont have to deal with him again, and he cant damage your car.

pslewis 19 October 2012 01:04 PM

1. Alongside Trading Standards take out a Summons NOW! Time is of the essence.
2. Do NOT remove it.
3. Take plenty of images for the court - a blind man on a galloping horse can see thats crap!
4. Inform them that they either replace or you WILL sue AND DO IT!
5. You WILL win.
6. You have a receipt, I take it?

**EDIT** .... thought it was a new thread, oooops! I would take the cash and not allow them near the window at all !!!!

Also, it wouldn't be a Magistrate in the SCC!

BoozyDave 03 November 2012 10:03 PM

well, today was the day. all removed and a full refund

he was nice and pleasant and it only took an hour to remove it all

glad it's all sorted and now i can move on

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 10834774)
Let us know if he removes it witout damaging the heater element , and if possible watch how he does it. I got a bad rear tint but didnt want to make things worse when removing , so just left it.

he used 3M glue remover and a plastic scraper (like a credit card) and a heat gun. warmed up the film and pulled it off, then wiped over glue with a cloth soaked in glue remover, left it a few minutes, then lightly scrape the glue off and then clean remainder off with cloth again.

SirFozzalot 03 November 2012 10:22 PM

Good result. :thumb:

CharlySkunkWeed 03 November 2012 10:28 PM

I know thats how they remove it , but how did the heater element stand up ?

BoozyDave 04 November 2012 08:35 AM

Tried it on the way home and it's fine.
He followed the elements when scrapping, I don't know if they'd survive if they were scrapped opposite to the elements though

CharlySkunkWeed 04 November 2012 08:37 AM

Good to know , nice one.