ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Can I use tesco momentum (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/931302-can-i-use-tesco-momentum.html)

MattyB1983 06 April 2012 09:07 AM

I'm a V-Power man, I'm still a bit concerned about the quality of tesco fuel. We all remember the stories a couple of years ago when cars were cutting out and running like ****e due to tesco's petrol.
A good pal of mine has just had his injectors replaced on his modern mondeo. Cost him a small fortune, fords answer to why they needed replacing, ' do you use tesco fuel '.
Now they may well be wrong in that reply but my pal does use only tesco fuel and does many miles.

I've never heard of shell having issues with their fuel, but in fairness it's an awful lot more expensive. I think I'll stick with shell and use tesco if/when in an ermergency.

lordharding 06 April 2012 09:14 AM

I have used shell for three years then tesco for the last nine years and 48k miles
No problems and I get 250 to the tank and used to get 230 with shell
No running problems at all standard turbo decatted

JohnD 06 April 2012 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 10565724)
I'm a V-Power man, I'm still a bit concerned about the quality of tesco fuel. We all remember the stories a couple of years ago when cars were cutting out and running like ****e due to tesco's petrol.
A good pal of mine has just had his injectors replaced on his modern mondeo. Cost him a small fortune, fords answer to why they needed replacing, ' do you use tesco fuel '.
Now they may well be wrong in that reply but my pal does use only tesco fuel and does many miles.

I've never heard of shell having issues with their fuel, but in fairness it's an awful lot more expensive. I think I'll stick with shell and use tesco if/when in an ermergency.

That was due to silicon contamination and affected the normal unleaded only, not the 99

JohnD

Felix79 06 April 2012 02:40 PM

My P1 seems to be very happy with the Tesco's 99 and like many have already said , my car was mapped with V-Power and it's happy with either. The big bonus with the Tesco's is they are always in a price war with the other local supermarkets and it keeps the price that bit lower than the V-Power.

The BP stuff seems to be like pigs swill and made my car unhappy ( luckily this was the first time I filled the car after owning it for 20 mins ).

GREGGYG 06 April 2012 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by lloydee (Post 10565088)
Will there be any adverse effects for a car that is mapped on V-Power?
I'm starting to get desperate now.

Relax!

V-Power = 99 ron

Tesco Momentum = 99 ron

jura11 06 April 2012 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 10565724)

Hi Matty

I'm too V-power man,but after shortage of V-power we are now using Momentum,many mappers said about the Momentum is not consistent as V-Power,due this i'm keeping eye on the Knock Link and after every run i'm pulling logs from Syvecs,so far everything OK.

But still as some mappers advised us use Momentum with few ml of Octane Booster and you should be OK.

This is similar thread about the same question as you ask

https://www.scoobynet.com/930956-any...-london-2.html

Jura

EOEUMC 06 April 2012 04:54 PM

I don't need to answer you now Matt :thumb: lol

I use Momentum all the time, the only time I use Shell is if its cheap enough or if that's all that's about.

Touch wood :wonder: I have never had any probs with Tesco fuel, even before it was re-branded :thumb:

MaDaSS 06 April 2012 06:42 PM

That's ok for you lot! Lol. Notts has got no Momentum either near me. Ffs what a joke. I'm running on crappy 95 RON. It is Shell though, haha.

chopperman 06 April 2012 06:44 PM

Anyone know the ethanol % in V-power and momentum99 ?

chocolate_o_brian 06 April 2012 07:55 PM

Mapped here for Momentum. From bob Rawle, 'momentum is an average of 99ron, V-power average of 99.6'. So Mapped for 99, 99.6 is fine for me :D

Micheru 06 April 2012 10:08 PM

Had to use Momentum myself, seems to be running about the same as on V-Power, maybe slightly better milage, though I've been a bit heavy footed this week :D

Fleetster 07 April 2012 04:59 PM

same here, my local shell changed to BP so had to change to tesco99, seems to run fine for me :D happy days

#68 rb5 07 April 2012 05:25 PM

Filled right up with £60 worth of momentum for the first time. £1.41!!!! Result never paid less than £1.50 for vpower. Quids in.:thumb:

New_scooby_04 07 April 2012 07:13 PM

I'm over to momentum out of necessity, call me paranoid but I put a splash of NF octane booster in there too, probably have 102 RON petrol in there now!! :D