ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   US Soldier 'Kills 16' Afghans In Their Homes (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/928381-us-soldier-kills-16-afghans-in-their-homes.html)

Ant 12 March 2012 04:30 PM

If the Taliban wasn't such cowards hiding behind the children and mosques ,there would be a lot less cross fire.

I understand what the US soldier did was no cross fire and out right murder which is unacceptable.

We shouldn't pull out , we should carry on because if we don't it'll be a waste of all those heroes we have lost

KAS35RSTI 12 March 2012 04:39 PM

May that evil body burn in hell. He is a disgrace plus its nothing new, many innocent lives are being taken everyday but the media does not show it.

The army needs to go, there is no reason to stay & there was never a reason from the start.

nizmo80 12 March 2012 05:36 PM

the soldiers who done this are absolute scum!!!

children were murdered and one of them was only two years old.
the soldier or soldiers who done this are beast's
I hope the american court's give the people involved in this outrage the death sentance !

vava voom 12 March 2012 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss (Post 10530098)
At least almost everyone over here has sympathy for the victims involved and recognises that what the guy did was criminal.

Wonder what the reaction would be in, say, Pakistan if it was the other way round. Street party?

But then that's different as they're the poor victims of nasty western imperialism.

I was wondering how long it would be before some dickhead would talk ****:Whatever_....boils down to a prick shooting kids in their homes:cuckoo:

tony de wonderful 12 March 2012 08:46 PM

The Taliban kills local Afghans daily and other Islamists slaughter indiscriminately in Pakistan with suicide bombs almost weekly.

You don't hear the Taliban condemn themselves for killing Afghans.

One Afghan interviewed said he was outraged that 'an infidel' had managed to kill 'Muslims'.

So when we in the West get all outraged about what this US solider did and make it the headline in the media we are siding with that same narrative which is a double standard.

finalzero 13 March 2012 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10530448)
If the Taliban wasn't such cowards hiding behind the children and mosques ,there would be a lot less cross fire.

I understand what the US soldier did was no cross fire and out right murder which is unacceptable.

We shouldn't pull out , we should carry on because if we don't it'll be a waste of all those heroes we have lost

Carry on doing what mate?

I respect the troops, it's not an easy choice to make, to become a soldier and then put yourself out there in a place like that but I disagree with the BS policy that has put them there and the pricks play war games.

This mentality of:

"It's okay, it's not like they are the same as us, they are barely educated"

That's the mentality that has got us and everyone else in the **** over there and the place is a total wash out. Instead of killing more troops our leaders should pull them out.

Because I get the feeling it won't be the Americans who will feel the wrath but the British troops out there.

Shaid 13 March 2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10530972)
The Taliban kills local Afghans daily and other Islamists slaughter indiscriminately in Pakistan with suicide bombs almost weekly.

You don't hear the Taliban condemn themselves for killing Afghans.

One Afghan interviewed said he was outraged that 'an infidel' had managed to kill 'Muslims'.

So when we in the West get all outraged about what this US solider did and make it the headline in the media we are siding with that same narrative which is a double standard.

Sorry but you are really struggling here.

The difference is that when a Taliban kills civis he makes it very clear that he's going to kill someone. The Americans have gone all the way there to play cowboys and Afghans telling locals we are here to free you then on the other hand now and again they be ***** to the locals.

The whole idea that the enemy kill more civis than us so it's okay for us to occasionally kill civis is simply absurd.

We have gone there as a shining beacon. We are trying to give these guys democracy (trying that is). For our press to report indiscriminate killing of civis which simply pees all over the hard work Brit soldiers have died doing is NOT double standards.

tony de wonderful 13 March 2012 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10531593)
The whole idea that the enemy kill more civis than us so it's okay for us to occasionally kill civis is simply absurd.

We have gone there as a shining beacon. We are trying to give these guys democracy (trying that is). For our press to report indiscriminate killing of civis which simply pees all over the hard work Brit soldiers have died doing is NOT double standards.

Where did I say it was ok?

Do you believe we are a 'shining beacon'? And even if we are does than mean all our soldiers are saints?

Is this why the Taliban are so outraged? Because we have failed to live up to being a 'shining beacon'?

I am saying the Taliban have a double standard about the death of Afghan civilians and we have adopted the exact same way of thinking.

Shaid 13 March 2012 10:26 AM

You are right about the Taliban. They have obviously killed a lot more civis and from where I see it are jumping at the opportunity in order to score brownie points.

The fact that our country is outraged at the murder of innocents is nothing to be ashamed of. Not is it double standards. In fact I'm rather proud of our humanity.

speedking 13 March 2012 11:12 AM

I am interested in how the soldier managed to leave the base. I assume that it is not usual for single soldiers to leave the compound after dark, I don't suppose they pop out for a pint of milk from the local shop. I would expect there to be strict security, even if only for the safety of the individual himself. Unless there was some sort of covert op, I am surprised that he could leave without raising some sort of alarm.

No military experience, but remembering that British soldier who left his base to retrieve something he left behind while on patrol and was captured and murdered IIRC.

Perhaps someone with some experience could cast some light on the above?

David Lock 13 March 2012 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 10531683)
I am interested in how the soldier managed to leave the base. I assume that it is not usual for single soldiers to leave the compound after dark, I don't suppose they pop out for a pint of milk from the local shop. I would expect there to be strict security, even if only for the safety of the individual himself. Unless there was some sort of covert op, I am surprised that he could leave without raising some sort of alarm.

No military experience, but remembering that British soldier who left his base to retrieve something he left behind while on patrol and was captured and murdered IIRC.

Perhaps someone with some experience could cast some light on the above?

I heard that it was an Afghan guard/soldier that raised the alarm and a search party was sent out but, sadly, too late. The guy did have some seniority so might have been easier for him to leave??

Will the yanks hang him out to dry or take him home and lock him up for psychiatrists to do their stuff I wonder.

dl

marcevs72 13 March 2012 01:06 PM

they will take him back to the states and after trial make sure he gets the death penalty as they need to show the afghans they will not tolerate behaviour like this.

Tidgy 13 March 2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by marcevs72 (Post 10531817)
they will take him back to the states and after trial make sure he gets the death penalty as they need to show the afghans they will not tolerate behaviour like this.

Aye i think hes for the zapper no mater what.

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 13 March 2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 10531683)
I am interested in how the soldier managed to leave the base.

I heard on the radio that the soldier was one of the guards of the compound or something, and his job regulaly involved leaving the compound so it was quite easy for someone in his position to leave unnoticed.

tony de wonderful 13 March 2012 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10531638)
The fact that our country is outraged at the murder of innocents is nothing to be ashamed of. Not is it double standards. In fact I'm rather proud of our humanity.

Well they were innocents and we can agree their deaths was a tragedy then.:)

hodgy0_2 13 March 2012 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10531858)
Aye i think hes for the zapper no mater what.

will never happen