ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   My Impreza Re-trim part 2. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/886182-my-impreza-re-trim-part-2-a.html)

astra_dave 28 April 2011 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 10010527)
How's the headlining removed and replaced btw?

Is it just a few plastic clips, that you can reuse?

yeah few plastic clips and the grab handles and the sunvisors and the interior light. and then you gotta remove the black surrounds above the doors and then with some wiggling and bending time and space, the lining can be removed.

Originally Posted by gahsparc (Post 10010557)
thats er...... different

cheers :-)

Originally Posted by B4D HK (Post 10010480)
FFS

Why say that? if its not to your taste, then just say, please don't FFS my hard work.

Originally Posted by Arkynsei (Post 10010456)
Looks fantastically well finished.. I don't think is going to be many people's cups of teas but I think it's fantastic you're doing what you like and sod the consequences. Certainly looked personal to you!

I think we need a part 3 and on the final part a big shot of the interior of the car so we can see it in all it's glory :3.

I'm just waiting for the 'Twinkle Twinkle little star rally livery'

being honest mate, its not the best finish, it could be alot better, but the material is a bit thin to work with properly, but cheers anyway

I knew when i saw the star pattern in the shop many people wouldn't like it, it is conterversal, *spelling* which is part of the reason i was more determined to do it.

Part 3........ well i've got a couple more things to trim, but i'm gonna have the leave the seats as they are, i'm sure i'll come up with something and some LEDs along the way

I did mention star livery to the wife last night, and she said, 'your not touching the outside!' i laughed.

And a big cheers to everyone else who commented :)

sweden 28 April 2011 10:35 AM

not my glass of beer :) but its yours so do with it as you see fit and its looking good so far :)

dazdavies 28 April 2011 10:43 AM

Choice of material and taste is nothing short of horrendous. That's said it looks like you've done a good job though.

0/10 for taste 8/10 for workmanship.

SwissTony 28 April 2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 10009815)
Not my cup of tea! :eek:

Oh I dont know, I see you bought some of this last week to do the interior of your 555

:D

http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...9_1024_768.jpg

Maz 28 April 2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 10010778)
Choice of material and taste is nothing short of horrendous. That's said it looks like you've done a good job though.

The fact that his lovely cute daughter is in the shots suggests it's probably her choice. Fair play to Dave for not pandering to stereotypes and doing something different.

alcazar 28 April 2011 01:08 PM

Yep, it's certainly errrrrrrrrrrr, different;)
I'm interested in how the headlining gets removed too.

Can you do a brief how to?

bunsofsteeeel 28 April 2011 01:47 PM

the way this motors goin it won't be long before its on barryboyz

astra_dave 28 April 2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by bunsofsteeeel (Post 10011086)

Lol you mention a website that slated a totally standard Limited Edition Astra 888 Coupe. They can slate anything so I'm not overly bothered if it ends up on there. It will be getting even more attention weather it's good or bad I don't care tbh.

Gear Head 28 April 2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by bunsofsteeeel (Post 10011086)

Or in this case, Barbieboyz! :D

If that is what happens when you have kids, thank feck we are having a little boy! :D

EH52WRX 28 April 2011 02:19 PM

Hi Dave, so when is Part 3

astra_dave 28 April 2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by sweden (Post 10010766)
not my glass of beer but its yours so do with it as you see fit and its looking good so far

Cheers

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 10010778)

your opinion is welcome thank you for your comments

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 10010907)
The fact that his lovely cute daughter is in the shots suggests it's probably her choice. Fair play to Dave for not pandering to stereotypes and doing something different.

It was done for her. I don't do 'following the crowds' never have and never will.

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10011032)
Yep, it's certainly errrrrrrrrrrr, different
I'm interested in how the headlining gets removed too.

Can you do a brief how to?

Yes i'll get one sorted as soon as i get some spare time later, it really is easy, hardest part is moving it round to get it out of the door.

astra_dave 28 April 2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10011129)
Or in this case, Barbieboyz! :D

If that is what happens when you have kids, thank feck we are having a little boy! :D

If i had a little boy and he liked the Stars i'd probably do the same thing for him.

astra_dave 28 April 2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 10011130)

Part 3 is when i get some LEDs and some more time to have a play in the car, gotta cover several more items, and possibly try and get some stickers, just to really upset everyone who doesn't like it :luxhello:

L.J.F 28 April 2011 03:46 PM

Fair play on being a individual and trying to stand out in the crowd, we cant all be purists with these cars. I hate people putting stickers all over the car or sticking on plastic tat from halfords but it's upto them at the end of the day.

I would describe your work as different...... ;)

astra_dave 28 April 2011 07:33 PM

i'm not a purist with any car, unless its a seriously limited edition, then it should remain that way imo.

busby330 28 April 2011 08:05 PM

tbh, not my thing, think its just too much. but that said looks like you done an ace job on the actual retrim.
cute little girl btw

scoobiesteve103 28 April 2011 08:21 PM

awsome fella if this really is for your lil one then good on you. as meny have said b4 me its not what i would do but im always happy to see someone having a go at being diffrent,ive seen loads of posts on here and other sites slagging off scoobies with body kits on or sti badges on a wrx,neons ect ect but in truth i like some of the kits out there,dont care about badges and dont dislike neons and so on,i think well done on doing what you wanna do with your car mate

bioforger 28 April 2011 08:58 PM

wut in the fackin name that is all holy is that!?!

srsly I thought u did it for your kids benefit only, cute kid btw

But the car cmon... Jesus Christ

spally 29 April 2011 01:44 AM

not my cup of tea, but none the less fair play to you for doing this for your daugher. I have a little boy and i would do anything that makes him happy.

dont worry about the haters on here, you car, your resasons for doing it, good luck.

joey_turbo 29 April 2011 04:22 AM

Good on you, as you say modding used to be about being different, and I've certainly not seen that before. My 2yo boy loves my car for what it is, but if he wanted me to do something like that I'd do it. I'm sure it didn't cost the earth, and is totally reversible.
I'd like to say go for lots of small LED in the roof, as that would look cool, but its not cheap that star cloth, : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-Star-Cloth...item2eb48d3daa

astra_dave 29 April 2011 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by busby330 (Post 10011621)
tbh, not my thing, think its just too much. but that said looks like you done an ace job on the actual retrim.
cute little girl btw

cheers for your input :)

Originally Posted by scoobiesteve103 (Post 10011647)
awsome fella if this really is for your lil one then good on you. as meny have said b4 me its not what i would do but im always happy to see someone having a go at being diffrent,ive seen loads of posts on here and other sites slagging off scoobies with body kits on or sti badges on a wrx,neons ect ect but in truth i like some of the kits out there,dont care about badges and dont dislike neons and so on,i think well done on doing what you wanna do with your car mate

yes it really is for my little girl, even though i do think its cool, i don't think i would have done it if i didn't have kids, well maybe the door panels but not the head lining. If people wanna slag it off then that's fine, its their issue that they have a fear about going against the grain and are scared to try something outrageous! IMO of course.

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 10011761)

Its rainbow star material on the roof, and black with silver stars on the door panels, pretty much as it looks to be honest http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ies/cuckoo.gif

There is no Jesus Christ, my car isn't holy, just starry http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...lies/thumb.gif

Originally Posted by spally (Post 10012262)
not my cup of tea, but none the less fair play to you for doing this for your daugher. I have a little boy and i would do anything that makes him happy.

dont worry about the haters on here, you car, your resasons for doing it, good luck.

I'm not worried about them tbh mate, i posted it up mainly to see what they'd say, as i said to my mate Russ i was gonna ruffle a few feathers by doing it, and i have.

Originally Posted by joey_turbo (Post 10012276)
Good on you, as you say modding used to be about being different, and I've certainly not seen that before. My 2yo boy loves my car for what it is, but if he wanted me to do something like that I'd do it. I'm sure it didn't cost the earth, and is totally reversible.
I'd like to say go for lots of small LED in the roof, as that would look cool, but its not cheap that star cloth, : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-Star-Cloth...item2eb48d3daa

it cost me about £15 all together, and about 5 hours worth of time, including removing the panels and headlining, its very easily reversible, its only spray glue on the panels, and the headlining is just pulled very tight and glued on the back of it.

Thank you for that link, i'll check it out now.

And thank you to everyone for commenting so far on this

astra_dave 29 April 2011 06:18 AM

that led star material is cool as, but 6x3m its massive, lol and for £400 i don't think i can afford that, lol no matter how much my little girl may like that.

donny andi 29 April 2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 10011761)

:lol:

Fella........that took some bollox to stick pictures up , so for having the nuts to get shot down.......fair play to ya :thumb: , people do strange things to keep the kids quiet.........I personally turn the stereo up and open their window so they can't breathe

Leave it alone outside.......don't want to see part 6 is some crazy dodgy polka dot car wrap

astra_dave 29 April 2011 07:07 AM

lol cheers mate

outside is gonna be left alone, it needs some paint work sorting 1st.

Crazy Polka dot is defo not my thing so your safe there, lol.

mark@wrx 29 April 2011 07:28 AM

Here's a new sticker for ya fella.
http://www.signdezine.com/images/Pow...airy-dustS.jpg

astra_dave 29 April 2011 07:32 AM

erm. no. but thanks for the thought :)

astra_dave 05 May 2011 11:25 PM

Still working on a how to for removing the head lining. But in addition to the headlining.......... I made my daughter a dress out of the spare material. She's well impressed. Pics to follow of the dress. Part 2.5. Will be done at weekend dependent on the weather.

chopperman 05 May 2011 11:42 PM

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1: I think it looks great. Any plans for a 1970's furry dash ?

bioforger 06 May 2011 12:33 AM

furry gash

53 06 May 2011 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 10011130)

Yeah bring on the scatter cushions ! :lol1:

Too much estrogen in your household by far ! :lol1: