ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   great deal from virgin media (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/868809-great-deal-from-virgin-media.html)

pimmo2000 19 January 2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9830468)
Well maybe you can tell me my best course of action... You are the man from Virgin Media ;)

You need to report it as a fault .. if you want my help just PM me your details .. a VM email address or something and I will have it looked at.

Hysteria1983 19 January 2011 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9831544)
You need to report it as a fault .. if you want my help just PM me your details .. a VM email address or something and I will have it looked at.

Thank you, I will report it.

We never get more than 13 meg on a speed test for download. I will pm you my address.

pimmo2000 20 January 2011 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9831683)
Thank you, I will report it.

We never get more than 13 meg on a speed test for download. I will pm you my address.

You defo have an issue .. (and problems with your service :) )

Have PM'd you details .. let me know if you need any more help ..

Jaybird-UK 20 January 2011 12:35 PM

50mb everytime for me.

Actually from some places like uk.mirror I see 55+

ALi-B 20 January 2011 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9832142)

Thats the beauty of Virgin. If it goes wrong, no matter what, it costs the customer nothing to fix it. :cool:

Granted it somtimes may take a while depending on which call centre you get through to and who answers the phone, but they usually credit your account for periods you are left without service.

Sky on the otherhand; once the box is out of warranty, you are on your own. Box fails; call out charge. No credit of account during the period you are left unable to get any channels due to a dead box/LNB/whatever.

To top it off Sky also happily passed on your personal account and download details to unscrupulous legal companies, who through their own incompetence leaked personal details to all and sundry on the internet. I have no faith in such a company that has such a casual attitude to releasing personal data to third party companies, no matter what the reason.

If you want a subscription TV/broadband package. One gives customer service, the other doesn't.

Although: Freesat HD and DLNA for the win; just need a Panasonic TV, no silly set-top box or seperate remote cluttering things up.

Ant 20 January 2011 02:24 PM

Sky on the otherhand; once the box is out of warranty, you are on your own. Box fails; call out charge. No credit of account during the period you are left unable to get any channels due to a dead box/LNB/whatever.
Perks of the job for me , I'll just get a lnb or box off the van:D

Hysteria1983 20 January 2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9832142)

Thanks for your help. :D