ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Nine charged with conspiracy after UK terrorism raids (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/865351-nine-charged-with-conspiracy-after-uk-terrorism-raids.html)

J4CKO 27 December 2010 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9784621)
FFS do we have to do this whole Muslims want to take over the world and they are all jihadists thing again!!! Enough is enough!! You are obsessed!!!!!

Mods please can we create an anti-Muslim sticky thread and dump any of these sort of things in it so we only have one thread with this crap.

I think we are really only talking about these nine and their ilk, not all Muslims are Jihadists of course but all Jihadists are Muslim, don't see it as anti Muslim, see it as anti suicide bombing Islamic fundamentalist, if it were still the IRA blowing things up then there would be threads about that if it were nine young Irish men arrested for plotting to cause death and destruction.

People are very keen not to explode, lose limbs or find out their families have met the same fate even if it may cause us to create these tiresome threads about Muslims, nobody is starting threads about Hindu's, Jews, Chinese people or Lesbians because they aren't being nicked for planning to kill.

tony de wonderful 27 December 2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9784779)
I think we are really only talking about these nine and their ilk, not all Muslims are Jihadists of course but all Jihadists are Muslim, don't see it as anti Muslim, see it as anti suicide bombing Islamic fundamentalist, if it were still the IRA blowing things up then there would be threads about that if it were nine young Irish men arrested for plotting to cause death and destruction.

People are very keen not to explode, lose limbs or find out their families have met the same fate even if it may cause us to create these tiresome threads about Muslims, nobody is starting threads about Hindu's, Jews, Chinese people or Lesbians because they aren't being nicked for planning to kill.

F1 is just reflecting a siege mentality within the wider muslim community.

hodgy0_2 27 December 2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9783964)
The MCB seems to be keeping its head down...

what the fvck has the custodian of World Cricket got to do with this!!!!!

-------- 27 December 2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9784775)
I worked in Saudi for several years.

The locals aren't poor.

17% (approx) of the population live below the poverty line ($1.25 per day).

The Dogs B******s 27 December 2010 08:43 PM

Well said,totally agree.

-------- 27 December 2010 08:44 PM

FFS do we have to do this whole Muslims want to take over the world and they are all jihadists thing again!!! Enough is enough!! You are obsessed!!!!!

Mods please can we create an anti-Muslim sticky thread and dump any of these sort of things in it so we only have one thread with this crap.

Islamic extremists complain that they dont have a voice, (they get shouted down) let the right wingers say their bit (then point out their inaccuracies/contradictions) otherwise your pushing them in the same direction.

tony de wonderful 27 December 2010 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by -------- (Post 9784804)

So what are you saying? Without oil it would be some egalitarian utopia?

It was dirt poor before ARAMCO started pumping oil, some people still remain as virtual Bedouin which is what you are referring to. It also has an excellent health care system which is free, NO tax, and fuel which is so cheap as to be ridiculous.

Aaron1978 27 December 2010 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by -------- (Post 9784804)

In 2008/09 23% of the UK lived below the poverty line.

-------- 27 December 2010 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9784815)
So what are you saying? Without oil it would be some egalitarian utopia?

No defo not THAT!:wonder:

It was dirt poor before ARAMCO started pumping oil, some people still remain as virtual Bedouin which is what you are referring to. It also has an excellent health care system which is free, NO tax, and fuel which is so cheap as to be ridiculous.

Yes Saudi is one of the better middle east countries, as I understand the indigenous population DO pay a small amount of tax on their estimated wealth,and more than 97% of the population are now settled (which includes the Bedouin). Int google brilliant???Of course there is nothing stopping disaffected Saudis from joining there more oppressed brothers over the border who are considerably worse off?

tony de wonderful 27 December 2010 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by -------- (Post 9784916)
Yes Saudi is one of the better middle east countries, as I understand the indigenous population DO pay a small amount of tax on their estimated wealth,and more than 97% of the population are now settled (which includes the Bedouin). Int google brilliant???Of course there is nothing stopping disaffected Saudis from joining there more oppressed brothers over the border who are considerably worse off?

Brothers how?

Oppressed how?

OBL - the most famous 'disaffected' Saudi, was born into extreme wealth.

-------- 27 December 2010 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9784831)
In 2008/09 23% of the UK lived below the poverty line.

Er,23% of peeps were below the LOW INCOME threshold of £120 pw. just a bit more than $1.25 per DAY then,eh?:thumb: Still not sure wot your point is though.:wonder:

Aaron1978 27 December 2010 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by -------- (Post 9784932)
Er,23% of peeps were below the LOW INCOME threshold of £120 pw. just a bit more than $1.25 per DAY then,eh?:thumb: Still not sure wot your point is though.:wonder:

My point is no matter what way you look at it, SA has one of the lowest % of populations below the poverty line in the world.

23 % of the UK live below the poverty line for example "The poverty threshold, or poverty line, is the minimum level of income deemed necessary to achieve an adequate standard of living in a given country"

It doesn't matter what the actual amount is money wise, if it costs £100 a day to live out of poverty yet you only earn £50. Then your living in poverty 'eh':thumb:

JTaylor 28 December 2010 12:57 AM

https://www.scoobynet.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=11

Good job our team are on it.

Beware of the sleepers.

L.J.F 28 December 2010 01:36 AM

oops it's going off again...

The Zohan 28 December 2010 08:07 AM

Get a grip:) and lets not let one person ruin things - the only reason TdW has a voice is because people keep responding to him - if enough people ignored him and didn't respond then job done!

We should e able to discuss most topics without it being turned into slagging matches and p1ssing competitions by the usual suspects - most of us anyway.

And where do you stop - no religious threads whatsoever no threads on current news/events stories likely to get a reply - if so then i am out of here for good. censor the trolls and ignor the trolls not censor the general population of nsr who can have a debate and discussion without turning it nasty - the current guidelines cover racism etc and work and anyone not sure should report a thread/content if they are concerned.

I for 1 do not see this thread as anti-Muslim - i see it as an anti-terrorism thread!!!:)

Censorship due to a few trolls is not the answer - ignoring them is!

hutton_d 28 December 2010 08:55 AM

I think we are really only talking about these nine and their ilk, not all Muslims are Jihadists of course but all Jihadists are Muslim, don't see it as anti Muslim, see it as anti suicide bombing Islamic fundamentalist, if it were still the IRA blowing things up then there would be threads about that if it were nine young Irish men arrested for plotting to cause death and destruction. ...

It would also help if we all called them what they really are, murdering ba5tards!

Dave

Leslie 28 December 2010 11:57 AM

Intelligence has done well to pick up the threat, if they are guilty then the consequences could have been dreadful.

I see little point in sending our poorly equipped young soldiers into a war where it has been demonstrated very effectively that they stood no chance of creating a permanent solution by our army many years ago and also the strength of the Soviet army which was ineffective against the Taliban. Why do our leaders allow our soldiers to be sent to the most dangerous part of the country as well, when many of the other countries' troops are not allowed into any dangerous areas.

Does anyone really believe that an Afghan army could keep the Taliban suppressed after we left?

I get fed up of hearing about our teenagers and twenty year olds being brought home in coffins!

Les

The Zohan 28 December 2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 9785244)
It would also help if we all called them what they really are, murdering ba5tards hiding behind and using religion to justify their evil & cowardly acts!

Dave

efa:)

Lee247 28 December 2010 06:48 PM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...48_306x423.jpg http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...02_306x423.jpg

They look very upset at what they have done or tried to do, don't they :rolleyes:

Leslie 29 December 2010 04:36 PM

When you think about it, if they are able to come over here and earn money to support the Jihad when they go back, it is hardly surpirising that they will continue to do it.

It must surely be down to our authorities to deny them such an opportunity.

Les

jods 29 December 2010 04:43 PM

It's NOT Anti Muslim - It's Anti Terrorist.

Something that we SHOULD discuss freely.

-------- 29 December 2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9785476)
Why do our leaders.........?
Les

Er,they want the fair share of oil???