ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Chaos is just going to start if you are ordering stuff on line! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/863247-chaos-is-just-going-to-start-if-you-are-ordering-stuff-on-line.html)

bish667 16 December 2010 04:26 PM

I'm in the north of scotland, deliveries from amazon seem to the usual amount of time, however play.com taking around 2 weeks instead of a few days.
Must vary depending on where it's sent from.

Scooby Soon! 24 December 2010 12:28 PM

Well I thought I would join the opposite side of the fence and order from ebuyer last night with 24 hour delivery, so far no sign of my delivery and no tracking update . Supposed to be between 7.30 and 12 and it's 12.30 and no sign!

I did not think it would get here and surprise surprise it probably won't!

Who else is waiting for Christmas stuff?

The Zohan 24 December 2010 04:09 PM

All my orders arrived last one by RM first class post yesterday!

Most took less that a week to arrive - the last one being 8 days

BLU 24 December 2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mifo (Post 9756771)
looks like royal mail already cannot cope.

Yup and all because of the cuts they've made. Understaffed isn't the word!

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9763654)
I heard that amazon are struggling to get parcels out atm and have been marking deliveries as despatched when they are yet to go out.

I've had a couple of people asking me today where their amazon parcels were! They have a habit of teling customers they've been dispatched when they haven't, making us postmen the easy target.

Our office had to suspend letter deliverys to concentrate on parcel/packet deliverys today! I filled the back of my Vauxhall Combi van front to back and top to bottom!! Got em all delivered though ;)

Scooby Soon! 24 December 2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9781380)
Yup and all because of the cuts they've made. Understaffed isn't the word!

I've had a couple of people asking me today where their amazon parcels were! They have a habit of teling customers they've been dispatched when they haven't, making us postmen the easy target.

Our office had to suspend letter deliverys to concentrate on parcel/packet deliverys today! I filled the back of my Vauxhall Combi van front to back and top to bottom!! Got em all delivered though ;)

Our postman have got no chance of catching up, they did not go out for 3 days because it was icey, even though every other courier still operated :rolleyes:

I will never forget what my postman said when I commented on his new vauxhall van he said "i like it but there is not enough room to lay down in the back for my afternoon sleep!"

mickywrx 24 December 2010 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 9781148)
Well I thought I would join the opposite side of the fence and order from ebuyer last night with 24 hour delivery, so far no sign of my delivery and no tracking update . Supposed to be between 7.30 and 12 and it's 12.30 and no sign!

I did not think it would get here and surprise surprise it probably won't!

:lol1:

When everyone is backlogged, you honestly thought you would get it today?

Maybe your nice friends at HDNL have it for you.

The Dogs B******s 24 December 2010 08:22 PM

The last few presents finally arrived yesterday,thank god.Ordered them at the beginning of December.

Lady Luck 24 December 2010 08:36 PM

I'm still waiting on 3. A stocking filler and both my husbands big presents. **** happens

DARB 24 December 2010 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 9781489)
Our postman have got no chance of catching up, they did not go out for 3 days because it was icey,

I blame health 'n' safety and the blame 'n' claim culture when I worra lad our postie delivered through the blitz and with pride in his work and a big smile on his face :thumb: mind you I think he was banging my mam :lol1:

markjmd 24 December 2010 09:21 PM

Ordered half a dozen or so items online over the past week, and all of them arrived by yesterday morning. Well done posties :thumb:

Scooby Soon! 24 December 2010 09:48 PM

Still waiting!

City link have got it, loaded on to a trailer at ebuyer last night and does not look likes it moved, what a let down!

If only they had used Parcelforce or Hdnl I would have got it :( looks like I will have to wait a week now