ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What To Do When My APS FMIC Is Installed (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/860955-what-to-do-when-my-aps-fmic-is-installed.html)

Cannon Fodder 23 November 2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9729199)

I thought that might be the one you were referring to, tbh I don't like it either. :)

Cannon Fodder 23 November 2010 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 9728718)
With Seibon you are never go wrong....

Originally Posted by Jamie Bird (Post 9729685)
I helped my friend fit his Seibon Hawkeye carbon bonnet the other day. The fit was very poor for £600. The hinge and catch bolt holes were the wrong size, the holes for the washer jet tube fixings were missing, the holes for the washer jets themselves were too small, the holes for the underscoop ducting thing didnt line up and some of the holes for the heatshield were missing !
Does look pretty cool now its on though.
Jay

I'd always heard that Seibon make good quality CF parts as well, I suppose a duff one could have slipped past quality control but it is concerning that the bonnet mentioned had so many faults. :wonder:

I know from experience that Kakumei make good quality CF parts as well plus the RCM scoop looks good quality as well. :luvlove:

jura11 23 November 2010 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9730008)
I'd always heard that Seibon make good quality CF parts as well, I suppose a duff one could have slipped past quality control but it is concerning that the bonnet mentioned had so many faults. :wonder:

I know from experience that Kakumei make good quality CF parts as well plus the RCM scoop looks good quality as well. :luvlove:

Hi there really depends from which supplier you are buying(yes i know on eBay is lots of sellers,but i'm not sure about the quality),my friend have Seibon on Evo and nothing like modification to bonnet do(this guy brought from J-W Racing) and about the quality(ask here Wiley about the Seibon,which have before on bugeye)
My carbon fibre bonnet has been fitted without the problem...
Kakumei i don't know and i don't have experience with this

Cannon Fodder 23 November 2010 08:11 PM

I've got a Kakumei CF S204 style spoiler on my car and the quality is excellent, I have compared it to the spoiler on a friend's S204 and I'd say it is exact match.

Looks like I'll have to decide soon though as it's payday soon. :D

KAS35RSTI 23 November 2010 09:15 PM

Tyrone what colour is the APS & the pipes? Im looking to get a injen, ams or aps but not sure :wonder:.

Cannon Fodder 23 November 2010 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Aladdin (Post 9730293)
Tyrone what colour is the APS & the pipes? Im looking to get a injen, ams or aps but not sure :wonder:.

I know the core is silver, but forgot to ask about the pipes :lol1: it should arrive in the next couple of days so I'll let you know. :thumb:

KAS35RSTI 23 November 2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9730315)
I know the core is silver, but forgot to ask about the pipes :lol1: it should arrive in the next couple of days so I'll let you know. :thumb:

Nice, dont forget to add the cheeky APS sign on the FMIC. I have a fetish for the black FMIC with red pipework, i reckon it looks the bollocks!