ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Black ops - It's Awesome!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/859174-black-ops-its-awesome.html)

hpoolsteve 09 November 2010 05:03 PM

I find it a hybrid between mw2 and WaW. IMO no were near as good as MW2. Happy gaming peeps

PS3 gamer tag = the_massiah

g7prs 09 November 2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by belliott69 (Post 9703218)
started off with an average k/d ratio of 2.4, its dropped just under 2 at the minute and am getting 244 points a minute, already have about 1700 kills lol.

Not too far behind you! Really enjoying the rc cars and blowing folk up with them :D

belliott69 09 November 2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 9703251)
Your K/D might be correct, but the 1700 kills isn't ;)

i just looked on the player lobby thing and it reckons i have 3300:lol1:, i was thinking there was something wrong. will check the other one in a bit.

Milamber 09 November 2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 9703260)
Players who had the game before release date ;)

No :wonder:

scoobyverysoon 09 November 2010 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 9702856)
Sainsburys again as they are doing a new 160gig for £200. I nearly bought one for my daughter :)

thanks will have a look :)

M4RKG 09 November 2010 08:16 PM

Not convinced yet, at level 24ish and its not a patch on MW2 in my opinion...

Guns look rubbish compared to MW2 and there is too much of a likeness to WaW (which I really didnt like)

Enjoying the new kill streaks and new camo's though.

Albeit I am abit tired and grumpy... will probs love it the mora

NEILLLLL 09 November 2010 08:29 PM

I too think mw2 is better . Its too slow ,no heart beat sensors which i really miss . But it might be a grower as i didn't like mw2 at first.

BigBurnz 09 November 2010 11:19 PM

me too, not a patch on MW2
definately too much like WaW, really didnt like that.

as been said its very slow, guns look pants

do like the fact you buy your upgrades tho

Neanderthal 10 November 2010 12:08 AM

When I heard it was Treyarch (sp?) doing it I had my worries about it. Glad I didn't rush out/pre order it then.
Buying upgrades? Do you earn credits each round then?
Counterstrike was doing that 6 years ago (albeit you were buying better guns, not upgrades).

belliott69 10 November 2010 12:18 AM

its an enjoyable game but as has been said most places i've looked, not a patch on mw2. its just nice to play some different maps and have some different guns. i have noticed the best way to play this game is camp, i can't do it though as i get bored.

jayallen 10 November 2010 10:37 AM

Im also still playing COD4 :D

Richie856 10 November 2010 10:54 AM

Had more of a play last night and I'm kind of undecided. I like it but I'm not blown away. As already stated, you can tell it's Treyarch again!
Strangely...while I didn't really like MOH when I got it as a stop gap, it's actually not looking too bad now!

Jamescsti 10 November 2010 11:16 AM

I think it's a big improvement on MW2, The kill streaks are far more balanced, in MW2 some where way over powered.
Love the new maps
The credit system is a nice addition, like being able to buy the accessories for the weapons too.

biggi 10 November 2010 12:43 PM

Well this is only my second CoD game with MW2 being my first, got to say I was disapointed at first but the more play it the more love it, I think I will be spending alot off time on this, Roll on MW3, I think some vids have already been leaked on the net.

M4RKG 10 November 2010 01:19 PM

I've done a proper U-turn on this (knew I was just abit grumpy)

I do hate the M16, it looks ****... hate it. But after buying a few more guns, loving my new assault rifle (dunno what its called)

Best thing of Black Ops is the amount of all new things, couple that i've found out today, theres two secret weapons that randomly appear in the care packages, a MINI GUN! And this rocket launcher that fires 4 rockets without reloading.

And theres a few smaller things like being able to booby trap care packages and shoot down the chinook :)

Not convinced on the maps just yet, but probs coz I dont know them very well

Looking forward to getting home from work :thumb:

Jamescsti 10 November 2010 01:37 PM

I knew you boys would come round to it!
When I first got it I thought it wasn't worth queuing for but now I love it.
I agree the M16 is poor, I started off with that but moved to using a SMG until I unlocked better assault rifles, back on the Assault rifles now, can't wait to unlock the AK47

Sy5 10 November 2010 04:13 PM

MW2 was my first COD. I'm suprised just how different this is. Been playing a few hours now and am getting use to the maps a bit. I have found the guns harder to aim but am doing ok. I like it.

Ant 10 November 2010 07:50 PM

couldn't wait till my birthday and bought it from sainsbury's today, played a hour of it and so far so good first game i got 20/8 :D

Jamescsti 11 November 2010 07:00 AM

Saw you online Ant,

My best so far is 25/3 created a video of it I was so impressed with myself! lol

Ant 11 November 2010 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 9706031)
Saw you online Ant,

My best so far is 25/3 created a video of it I was so impressed with myself! lol

I'll view it tonight then it gets me a achievement :d

Jamescsti 11 November 2010 09:14 AM

Dont know if everyones aware, there is a hidden game within blackops.
On the menu screen where you are strapped in the chair and can choose multiplayer etc, you can break out of the chair by pressing the two trigger buttons very fast and repeatedly (dont know what the buttons are on PS3 or PC)

You can then walk around the room (this earns an achievement)

If you walk to the back of the room behind the chair there is a computer which you can use.

Enter DOA on the computer keyboard and press return

You will get a top down shooter which is quite good fun

SirFozzalot 11 November 2010 10:38 AM

Completed the offline single player campaign last night :smug:

Time to get online now! :norty:

Bearo 11 November 2010 10:42 AM

Treyarch need to fix this game for PC it is so buggy.

Also, not impressed with graphics at all, looks a bit cartoony.

There are a few good points: Prone, lean & zombies.

Ant 11 November 2010 11:22 AM

Anyone done the running dive :lol1:

Ant 11 November 2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 9706138)
On the menu screen where you are strapped in the chair and can choose multiplayer etc, you can break out of the chair by pressing the two trigger buttons very fast and repeatedly (dont know what the buttons are on PS3 or PC)

If you walk to the back of the room behind the chair there is a computer which you can use.

Yeah I did that last week forgot to share it on here. I did 640/1000 acheivments on my "offline" edition . Got veteran levels to finish

seven x 11 November 2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 9706138)

ad if you type ZORK you also get a text adventure game:)

M4RKG 11 November 2010 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9706325)
Anyone done the running dive :lol1:

Hands down, best bit of Call of Duty: Black Ops... love it

Especially when you flyout of a 1st floor window hahahahaha

M4RKG 11 November 2010 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by M4RKG (Post 9706392)
Hands down, best bit of Call of Duty: Black Ops... love it

Especially when you flyout of a 1st floor window hahahahaha

Except on Search and Destroy when you're running towards the bomb and try to quickly go prone... and fly down the stairs :Whatever_

End up looking abit foolish when everyone else is watching you

Scooby_CL 11 November 2010 12:31 PM

completed it on veteran yesterday... fooooking hard at some points, like not even fun hard haha but it was an epic story!

i dont think people can call it rubbish until you have completed the story and acknowledge the way the story reveals itself and the past, it ties in WaW and really makes things clearer.

the online is very different... but why's that a bad thing? good to have a bit of change and something new, its refreshing. yes it will take a bit to get used to but the customizability is huge :)

could have done with a bit more R/D i think but still a very good game i'd give it 8.5/10

Scooby_CL 11 November 2010 12:33 PM

also yeah that dive can be a pain in the arse! several times i have dived to cover and just gone over or through the object into open and been shot :(... great feature that is lol