ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   ConLibs - Housing Benefit (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/857173-conlibs-housing-benefit.html)

kingofturds 26 October 2010 10:30 PM

What I don't get is the condems raising council rents to 80% of market value when they admit that in some places onlyh 1 in 15 council houses have people employed. Surely that just stops the 1 in 15 from bothering to work:confused: and gives the 14-1 more incentive not to work.

cookstar 27 October 2010 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9678173)
What I don't get is the condems raising council rents to 80% of market value when they admit that in some places onlyh 1 in 15 council houses have people employed. Surely that just stops the 1 in 15 from bothering to work:confused: and gives the 14-1 more incentive not to work.

Surely that can't be true?

Leslie 27 October 2010 08:13 AM

NL deserves maximum castigation for the brainless waste of our cash for all those years, they were behaving as though they had a bottomless credit card with no thought of the ensuing debt and the interest which has to be paid back of course.

les

Lady Luck 27 October 2010 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by sparkykev (Post 9677537)
I think £400 a week is still too much, £250 a week -£1000 a month is plenty.

I work all the hours god sends in a rather well paid job and I couldn't afford to pay £400 a week rent, why the hell should they get subsidised to that amount for free!

:mad:

It's just a shame that touch wood should anything happen to my home or job now, i'd probably get sweet FA from the state as help till I get my feet again, but had I been a work shy ******* i'd be paid for all the way.

I'd been on the list for a council house for 7yr and was not even once offered a grotty bedsit in that time. Bought a house in the end, got sick of waiting :Whatever_

hodgy0_2 27 October 2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9678423)
NL deserves maximum castigation for the brainless waste of our cash for all those years, they were behaving as though they had a bottomless credit card with no thought of the ensuing debt and the interest which has to be paid back of course.

les

even Cameron and the Conservatives admit some of the money (you can argue the toss as to how much) was used effectively by Labour, to rebuild the failing infrastructure left by the Conservatives

Leslie 27 October 2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 9678550)
even Cameron and the Conservatives admit some of the money (you can argue the toss as to how much) was used effectively by Labour, to rebuild the failing infrastructure left by the Conservatives

What particular failing infrastructure was that then? My education must be lacking.

Les

kingofturds 27 October 2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 9677634)
I wonder whether the government can't go too low because of the deals its done with private sector house builders. I know we've seen all these private landlords getting the money but it wouldn't surprise me if the state owned homes weren't on some equally rubbish deal.

You know where they build an estate and expect private buyers to pay £200K for a house yet just over the road is the social housing for waifs and strays.

My mothers place is a bit like this in St Mellons in Cardiff. One side of the main road looks like Sh1tpant estate and on the other is those that work - the middle-earners etc. I actually find it hard to feel comfortable there and shes a fair distance away.

I wonder whether the government has to pay the private sector for these houses and most likely as done a terrible deal weighted in favour of the private builder.

You also get unscrupulous btl landlords who are so desperate to rent their property out that they will let any dodgy lha tenant in. Leaving the people either side who have worked hard for their house to deal with the sh1t storm.

hodgy0_2 27 October 2010 11:31 AM

well I am not going to educate you

you are going to have to continue to live in "hovis" land

kingofturds 27 October 2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Luck (Post 9678451)
I work all the hours god sends in a rather well paid job and I couldn't afford to pay £400 a week rent, why the hell should they get subsidised to that amount for free!

:mad:

It's just a shame that touch wood should anything happen to my home or job now, i'd probably get sweet FA from the state as help till I get my feet again, but had I been a work shy ******* i'd be paid for all the way.

I'd been on the list for a council house for 7yr and was not even once offered a grotty bedsit in that time. Bought a house in the end, got sick of waiting :Whatever_

Should have dropped your pants and invited the local football team around, seems to work for the local baby factories around here.

Norman D. Landings 27 October 2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9678678)
You also get unscrupulous btl landlords who are so desperate to rent their property out that they will let any dodgy lha tenant in. Leaving the people either side who have worked hard for their house to deal with the sh1t storm.

Not just btl landlords I'm afraid. Theres also housing associations putting scum between hard working decent people. Some just been moved in 5 doors from me. Just waiting for the pikey fcukers to start leaving **** everywhere, parties till dawn and aggresive dogs crapping everywhere now. :mad: