ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Which marque has never appealed to you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/850326-which-marque-has-never-appealed-to-you.html)

Dingdongler 09 September 2010 09:48 PM

Audi

Ford

Vauxhall

Skoda

Jamz3k 09 September 2010 09:51 PM

Citroen, not even the Saxo VTS ever really stirred me as a young chav. The new DS3 looks awesome in the add campaign, now i've seen them in the flesh they are awful looking.

Don't like VAG either, each and every one of their cars just seem like carbon copies of eachother.

ScooByer Trade 09 September 2010 10:20 PM

Mitsubishi & yes even the Evos too.Nothing about them that grabs my attention.

dunx 09 September 2010 10:34 PM

Rover - SD1 V8 and 6R4 excepted.

dunx

P.S. Star car MKII 16V Golf, fast enough to get into trouble... strong enough to save my life !

JonMc 09 September 2010 10:39 PM

Most french stuff as it is flimsy:?

Always struggled with german stuff as it is so sterile, no passion like alfas, fiats(older ones not puntos) and ferraris, although I am starting to consider the RS4 as my next car:D

Mogsmex 10 September 2010 12:07 AM

most manufacturers have had a model that appeals for whatever reason but.............another vote for vauxhall here, really havent been even midly interested, monaro as well :confused:

0ctane 10 September 2010 03:59 AM

Jaguar & Rolls Royce.

I personally really don't get the appeal of these cars. They're large, ugly, have huge motors that drink petrol without delivering the performance you'd expect for such a large motor with a big thirst. There have been 1 or 2 Jags that may be a little appealing, but I've never seen a rolls I thought I'd like to sit in. Maybe they're like shagging a fat chick... fun until your friends see you.

P.S. Oh, and every Jag driver I've met is a total c0ck :)

carlosWRX 10 September 2010 06:20 AM

can't believe nobody has mentioned Tata. I can't think of a single car they made. :)

As for the Porsche thing I respect their engineering but they are dull. I would only ever buy a track spec GT3 :)

f1_fan 10 September 2010 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by 0ctane (Post 9592367)
Jaguar & Rolls Royce.

I personally really don't get the appeal of these cars. They're large, ugly, have huge motors that drink petrol without delivering the performance you'd expect for such a large motor with a big thirst. There have been 1 or 2 Jags that may be a little appealing, but I've never seen a rolls I thought I'd like to sit in. Maybe they're like shagging a fat chick... fun until your friends see you.

P.S. Oh, and every Jag driver I've met is a total c0ck :)

Jaguar made the E-Type S1 Roadster.... how can anyone not adore that car?

And then there is the most beautiful car never made:

http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/2...ar-XK180-L.jpg

Turbo2 10 September 2010 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9592390)
Jaguar made the E-Type S1 Roadster.... how can anyone not adore that car?

And then there is the most beautiful car never made:

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Jaguar-XK...llpaper_03.jpg

Wrong car mate. That's a Corvette! :lol1:

Turbo2 10 September 2010 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9591526)
And to criticise an E30 M3, one of the finest cars ever made because it is too slow is to completely and utterly miss the point of the car. Each to their own I guess.

Trout, I wanted to like the original M3. But when a mate of mine bought a mint Evo (215bhp I think) back in the 1990's, he took me out for a spin in it. It just didn't shift like I expected it to, so went down as a big disappointment to me. The "appeal" had gone, which is the point of this thread. I'm not saying it wasn't a great handling car and won multiple Touring Car championships, but as a standard road car it just wasn't fast enough for me.

Trout 10 September 2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by carlosWRX (Post 9592387)
can't believe nobody has mentioned Tata. I can't think of a single car they made. :)

Jaguar XFR

Range Rover

Land rover V8

Some great cars made by Tata :D

Trout 10 September 2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by carlosWRX (Post 9592387)
As for the Porsche thing I respect their engineering but they are dull. I would only ever buy a track spec GT3 :)

Totally agree ;)

dpb 10 September 2010 10:39 AM

Indeed

Originally Posted by Turbo2 (Post 9592455)
Wrong car mate. That's a Corvette! :lol1:

This of course was the one he meant

http://photo.netcarshow.com/Jaguar-X...8_photo_01.jpg

Matteeboy 10 September 2010 10:41 AM

I keep seeing that Corvette thing - some image site must have it as a default and so every time anyone links to it, they get a Corvette, not the car they meant to post up!

Turbo2 10 September 2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9592620)
This of course was the one he meant

http://photo.netcarshow.com/Jaguar-X...8_photo_01.jpg

No it's not, it's this one. The one they never made. It's on display in their museum.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...htdn/XK180.jpg

As for Production Jags, the XJ220 definitely has appeal, so Jaguar is not one for the list. Not forgetting the XKSS.

dpb 10 September 2010 10:52 AM

Nah your wrong :D

But anyway to include Jaguar in this list youd jus have to be :freak3:

ScoobyJawa 10 September 2010 11:02 AM

Pauxhall. Would never have one.

Gregsti01 10 September 2010 12:11 PM

Has to be FSO/kIA their suspension and steering was is aweful designed by muppets

P1Fanatic 10 September 2010 12:46 PM

Fiat. The Multipla is possibly the ugliest car evern designed. The 500 is a mickey mouse car even in Abarth form and the Coupe Turbo shifted but still looks ****e.

Oh and I also hate Alfas. Not once have I ever looked at one and thought mmm Id like one of those.

Simon

Matteeboy 10 September 2010 01:09 PM

What I hate most about Alfas is that they seem to be driven by so called "enthusiasts" that think they have a sporty car.

They are a bit like a chubby guy in a designer tracksuit (if such things exist?) - they look sporty but are about as capable as a Kia.

dunx 10 September 2010 01:21 PM

I remember a salesman trying to get me to try a 3.2V6 4WD Alfa... whilst waiting for my Subaru to be serviced.

LOL

dunx

P.S. The ONLY thing it did right was sound superb...

Matteeboy 10 September 2010 01:49 PM

Was that the Brera that weighs around 1800kgs?!!!!!!

Olly 10 September 2010 01:53 PM

I would have said Alfa a month or two ago, but then a mate has just bought a good GTV V6, and it's a little jewel of a car. Sounds glorious, looks glorious. It hasn't even broken down yet.

Citroen or Saab for me. And possibly Volvo, although an ex-plod estate could appeal.

Matteeboy 10 September 2010 02:12 PM

The GTV was the last decent Alfa IMO. Since then they've been cack.

hodgy0_2 10 September 2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 9592862)
What I hate most about Alfas is that they seem to be driven by so called "enthusiasts" that think they have a sporty car.

They are a bit like a chubby guy in a designer tracksuit (if such things exist?) - they look sporty but are about as capable as a Kia.

i saw a brand new Alfa Sportwagon thingy in white (i know i know)

with big wheels/brakes and i thought it looked pretty cool, they are supposed to drive OK arn't they

Turbo2 10 September 2010 02:31 PM

The SZ was interesting, if a little bit too :freak3:

Matteeboy 10 September 2010 02:38 PM

Hodgy - they look decent to some but it's a proper case of all show, not much go. They just don't handle very well and how can a brand be "sporty" when all (apart from the comedy AWD attempts) models are FWD?!

rossyboy 10 September 2010 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 9591972)
Feel guilty for saying it but third vote for Porsche!Thought I was abnormal

I really try hard but....nope.

Its the owners that put me off the brand. I have yet to see someone get in or out of one without that sickly smug look on their faces, or in their body language ;)

Matteeboy 10 September 2010 04:15 PM

And most Porsche drivers are fat.

Irrelevant but interesting.

I still like them though.