ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   "The end of SPEED CAMERAS?" (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/843056-the-end-of-speed-cameras.html)

Anger 23 July 2010 03:59 PM

One person about 5 years ago

mart360 23 July 2010 04:05 PM

Anyone else notice, that in one section of the film it was raining.

Aren't certain camera's not type approved to be used in the rain

Mart

SRSport 23 July 2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9510414)
fifty MPH limits on motorways are surely there to protect those working on the road aren't they? Can't be justified in whingeing about that in my opinion.

The M1 South of Sheffield had something like 10 miles of average 50mph with not a single cone in sight and certainly no workers. This is what the whinging is all about. If there is genuine need for it e.g. workers that are actually there, then fair enough but that is seldom the case.

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 9510481)
Oh they do work on them then, drove through 3 lots on the M25/M1 the otherday and didnt see any workers.... but saying that i was the only one it seamed sticking to 50 still :wonder:

There does seem to be people that know something I dont as there are often people taking no notice of the SPECS and gunning it, are they the ones with dodgy number plates or something?

Leslie 24 July 2010 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 9510481)
Oh they do work on them then, drove through 3 lots on the M25/M1 the otherday and didnt see any workers.... but saying that i was the only one it seamed sticking to 50 still :wonder:

It is annoying when no one is working on them I agree. I suppose they will leave the limit if the road is down to one carriageway because of coning, but very stupid to restrict the road if it is fully open.

You were probably wise to stick to 50 though-just in case a camera is waiting to get you.

Les

Leslie 24 July 2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Westwood2006 (Post 9510445)
I reckon they would be of more use if they set them to 32 or 33 rather than 28 or 29!

It is very simple psychology. They get treated like the boy who called WOLF!

I have no idea what speed they are set to, but they certainly make people slow down.

Les

GC8 24 July 2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9509388)
Thats fine, get rid of the fixed cameras ..... let's get many more mobile units!

Speeders know where cameras are - hidden cars and vans are much better at catching the irresponsible :thumb:

L.J.F 24 July 2010 10:37 AM

We have got the new specs being tested in Essex at the moment, not looking forward to them going active. They are posted at every slip road are designed to not be fooled by lane changing:(

Westwood2006 24 July 2010 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9511558)
I have no idea what speed they are set to, but they certainly make people slow down.

Les

No doubt but, I should qualify that last statement. I meant they seem to read a few MPH fast when compared with tomtom and my mates tachograph (or what ever they are called).

Leslie 24 July 2010 11:28 AM

Next time I see one I will check it with my Snooper then.

Les

Westwood2006 24 July 2010 11:36 AM

Is the snooper the best out there? Anyone got any top recommendations? What models?

Leslie 24 July 2010 11:54 AM

All I can say is that the Snooper has done well for a few years now.

Les

Gregsti01 24 July 2010 12:10 PM

I never believed speed cameras saved accidents,they were a way of screwing the drivers once again.One thought tho I was very naughty was caught doing 34 mph in 30 zone,elected to do speed awarness couse.I think they should used more often,people have to give a day up and attend makes one think rather than just chuck money in the post

Terminator X 24 July 2010 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9511601)
We have got the new specs being tested in Essex at the moment, not looking forward to them going active. They are posted at every slip road are designed to not be fooled by lane changing:(

Just let your front plate get very dirty or let it fall off & be slow to put it back on ...

TX.

Westwood2006 24 July 2010 05:13 PM

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=22254