ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Private For Sale - General (https://www.scoobynet.com/private-for-sale-general-17/)
-   -   Moddified Bugeye WRX 412/425 (https://www.scoobynet.com/private-for-sale-general-17/843041-moddified-bugeye-wrx-412-425-a.html)

WUZ 25 July 2010 05:42 PM

Interested in the car as well. Once I know situation with box and repair costs, I'd be interested in a deal based on price you want - repair costs (we'll fix it here, we have loads of spares) as I'll pick it up from you and trailer it home.

PM me once you know what the state of play is m8 :D

Russell

DaveBeck 25 July 2010 07:27 PM

Pm'd

DaveBeck 26 July 2010 04:24 PM

UPDATE

Box is apart and it is indeed a bolt that has come through the casing. The Gearset is fine and it apears that the diff is also fine. The diff is being stripped as we speak to double check.

Flywheel is being skimmed before install and im changing the clutch plate to the spare one i have while its out.

The casing is being checked to see if its possible to weld the 5p hole, if not a new casing will be going on.

The car is going to come back complete and drivable hopefully by saturday.

Its my boys 1st birthday this weekend so no deal can be done till following weekend all those asking.

WUZ 26 July 2010 05:03 PM

Cool - keep us informed.

Bealescooby 27 July 2010 01:38 AM

mmmm could be time to sell 1 of my watches
if u break though would u sell pf discs seperate

Stevesbluewrx 27 July 2010 01:50 AM

Dave,

Sorry to see the old girl is going. Enjoyed seeing her develope over the years.
If your stripping. First dibs on the Pongo air freshner!!!

Anyone who is buying the whole car or bits if stripped I can personally vouch for Dave being a honest bloke and what you see is what you get.

Steve

MrNoisy 27 July 2010 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx (Post 9516305)
Dave,

Sorry to see the old girl is going. Enjoyed seeing her develope over the years.
If your stripping. First dibs on the Pongo air freshner!!!

Anyone who is buying the whole car or bits if stripped I can personally vouch for Dave being a honest bloke and what you see is what you get.

Steve

Definitely second that; I'm just sorry you're selling up mate.
After all the grief you had getting her this far thought you might have tried to ride out the storm. Mind you, we all have to call it a day sometime :(
I remember back at Christmas it seemed like forever mine was in the shop.

DeanSTI 27 July 2010 10:34 AM

Cheers bud,

Looking forward to putting it back on the street!!

DaveBeck 27 July 2010 12:40 PM

Defo not stripping now lads :( I know im missing out on perhaps 2k more but i have no where to do it and cant be bothered with storing it and selling bits in dribs and drabs.

New clutch plate was sent to builder today so im hoping its together again. also has a front drive shaft issue so its getting a new one of them.

Cheers for the comments Giles and Steve. Its been a long journey but as said got to end sometime.

I have 3 people defo wanting the car as a whole (and loads of crazy offers :D). Im not doing 1st dibs etc. once back i'll speak to each and sort out where she is going

Cheers

Guv 27 July 2010 05:01 PM

Shame to hear that dude, good luck with the sale, hope you get a new scoob soon mate :thumb:

DaveBeck 01 August 2010 07:11 PM

Pm's sent to all interested. picked car up this weekend and fell in love again so no longer available.

cheers for interest and kind words

baz995 01 August 2010 07:21 PM

glad to hear it mate, i knew deep down you werent a quitter ;-)

DaveBeck 01 August 2010 07:23 PM

Pass ride this week then ;)

baz995 01 August 2010 07:30 PM

oky dokey, i have been reading up about paddle clutches but i am still none the wiser lol, Duncan said he would be available mid August? what would be involved in getting the turbo/TMIC etc fitted? gaskets?

IainMilford 01 August 2010 07:33 PM

since I've been a member on here that must be the second time I've seen you put your car up for sale and then change your mind .. !

Fairplay for keeping her though mate you'd have regretted it :)

DaveBeck 01 August 2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by baz995 (Post 9525718)
oky dokey, i have been reading up about paddle clutches but i am still none the wiser lol, Duncan said he would be available mid August? what would be involved in getting the turbo/TMIC etc fitted? gaskets?

will talk in week mate. gaskets and thats it really. :thumb:

DaveBeck 01 August 2010 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by IainMilford (Post 9525725)
since I've been a member on here that must be the second time I've seen you put your car up for sale and then change your mind .. !

Fairplay for keeping her though mate you'd have regretted it :)

first time no one wanted it mate then bottom end went so had to keep :thumb:

Not out to mess people around if thats what your thinking :thumb:

IainMilford 01 August 2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9525775)
first time no one wanted it mate then bottom end went so had to keep :thumb:

Not out to mess people around if thats what your thinking :thumb:

Not at all mate, just like how you fell back in love with your car :)

Didn't mean to send wrong messages ;)

DaveBeck 01 August 2010 09:07 PM

:D

BIG FUD 01 August 2010 09:10 PM

Thats' the best thing you have done this year dave.You wont regret it.