ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Wide Body WRX (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/825445-wide-body-wrx.html)

Myles 02 April 2010 09:43 PM

I wonder what Mr Rat thinks of the widebody?

johnlogie 02 April 2010 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9325043)
Yeah, I have posted the piccies plenty of times ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/08...e/Teign009.jpg

Anyway .... when is the wide body coming to the UK?

looks like a nice tidy , standard wagon you've got there. Not my cup of tea but nice though.

pslewis 02 April 2010 10:13 PM

It's fine ... done me proud for 10 years now ... only driven by me all that time, since new in May 2000.

It rarely sees anything over 2500RPM - I don't generally see the reason to rev the bollox off them .... sometimes I will take her up the rev range, but she has only hit the rev limiter about twice when accidentally getting caught out in the wrong gear! :lol1:

I have not had a car for 10 years, it feels part of me now - I really don't know how I'll feel when I let her go :( But, this new WRX seems to answer what I've been looking for - could be the last car I will ever have .... it needs to be right :D

Something else I notice ... they say it will have 265hp ... would that be the same as BHP? If so, it makes the old WRX and the WRX-S pretty poor buys.

There are still WRX's and WRX-S's to sell .... how are they going to sell them, then? They will have to be really cheap I'd imagine - the resale losses will be huge.

Cannon Fodder 02 April 2010 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9325043)
Yeah, I have posted the piccies plenty of times ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/08...e/Teign009.jpg

I am surprised I expected to see it lowered to the floor, sporting 18" rims, massive exhaust system and tinted windows. :wonder:

bioforger 02 April 2010 10:17 PM

Nice wagon :thumb:

johnlogie 02 April 2010 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9325141)
It's fine ... done me proud for 10 years now ... only driven by me all that time, since new in May 2000.

It rarely sees anything over 2500RPM - I don't generally see the reason to rev the bollox off them .... sometimes I will take her up the rev range, but she has only hit the rev limiter about twice when accidentally getting caught out in the wrong gear! :lol1:

I have not had a car for 10 years, it feels part of me now - I really don't know how I'll feel when I let her go :( But, this new WRX seems to answer what I've been looking for - could be the last car I will ever have .... it needs to be right :D

Something else I notice ... they say it will have 265hp ... would that be the same as BHP? If so, it makes the old WRX and the WRX-S pretty poor buys.

There are still WRX's and WRX-S's to sell .... how are they going to sell them, then? They will have to be really cheap I'd imagine - the resale losses will be huge.

Why not keep it and buy a second car , if you've had it from new? Surely the trade in value wont be that great Pete and it would be worth keeping?

Cannon Fodder 02 April 2010 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9325141)

Rarely sees above 2500rpm, the poor engine must be crying out for somebody to drive it properly, what is the point in you having a turbocharged car? :wonder:

As soon as the turbo starts really spinning to build boost you change up. :lol1:

Just for the record the reported 265bhp is that measured in the American measurement for power called SAE, or the European and Japanese measurement called PS? :wonder:

As the SAE measurement will show more than the PS measurement system, just like the Americans as they always overstate everything. ;)

pslewis 02 April 2010 10:32 PM

Yeah, trade in value all depends what you're buying and for what .... price to change is what I always work on.

And I have a second car ... for the summer days :D

I suppose it cannot drop much further in value and I could run it into the ground ... it would probably go on for another 5 years - but, when you get to my advanced years you realise that time is not in your favour.

pslewis 02 April 2010 10:35 PM

So, what would 265hp = in a UK BHP?

Cannon Fodder 02 April 2010 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9325220)
So, what would 265hp = in a UK BHP?

As there is no real direct conversion data but assuming an average of around 10% then 265 SAE hp would convert to roughly 238 PS hp, but does anybody know if the reported 265 hp is in SAE or PS measurements. :wonder:

johnlogie 02 April 2010 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9325217)
Yeah, trade in value all depends what you're buying and for what .... price to change is what I always work on.

And I have a second car ... for the summer days :D

I suppose it cannot drop much further in value and I could run it into the ground ... it would probably go on for another 5 years - but, when you get to my advanced years you realise that time is not in your favour.

How much would you expect to get for it on a trade in Pete, if you don't mind me asking?

SPG 03 April 2010 08:56 AM

I though it was Subaru UK's intension to finish the WRX when the last remaining few have been sold? It will be a 2.0 n/a then straight to the STi.

Originally that was their plan but they ended up bringing the WRX hatch over to bow down to UK pressure, I'm not sure in hindsight it was worth it!

pslewis 03 April 2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by johnlogie (Post 9325288)
How much would you expect to get for it on a trade in Pete, if you don't mind me asking?

Depends on whether there is anything off the new one .... it really is the price to change.

WeBuyAnyCar.com have offered me £1900 ......

Cannon Fodder 03 April 2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9325716)
Depends on whether there is anything off the new one .... it really is the price to change.

WeBuyAnyCar.com have offered me £1900 ......

I would keep it for the doggie action then, and keep the new car just for 'best'. :)

pslewis 06 April 2010 09:24 PM

£1900 is no money, is it? Considering what it cost me on 5th May 2000 :eek:

s70rjw 07 April 2010 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9332804)
£1900 is no money, is it? Considering what it cost me on 5th May 2000 :eek:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-p...l=837&plate=63

Over 10 years , if you paid full price, thats £19000 depreciation, or in other words just £158 per month .