ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Saving Private Ryan (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/819122-saving-private-ryan.html)

john_s 01 March 2010 08:38 AM

I once watched the first part of Saving Private Ryan at a guy's house who had what would best be described as an "industrial" subwoofer. You didn't so much hear the explosions as feel them. :thumb:

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 9256049)
I have high hopes for "The Pacific" coming to Sky Movies on March 14th from the same folk that brought us Band of Brothers

Looking forward to it.

21:00 on 05 April according to the new Sky mag.

The Zohan 01 March 2010 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9256509)
Zavvi, HMV and Amazon are all IRO £15 for DVD with BD just £18 or so.

www.find-dvd.co.uk Search Results

Good find!:)

urban 01 March 2010 09:20 AM

What about shaving ryans privates?

Felix. 01 March 2010 11:03 AM

You can watch a good serial on Youtube showing how they made SPR

SirFozzalot 01 March 2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by john_s (Post 9256561)
I once watched the first part of Saving Private Ryan at a guy's house who had what would best be described as an "industrial" subwoofer. You didn't so much hear the explosions as feel them. :thumb:

Looking forward to it.

21:00 on 05 April according to the new Sky mag.

I got the date from the HBO website so it's probably the US launch date, my mistake. :)

ScoobyJawa 01 March 2010 02:11 PM

Agree with all thats been said. SPR is an awesome film. I remember when it first came out an old US army Major said the first 30 mins was the most realistic warfare he'd ever seen put on screen.

Echo BoB though, that was absolutely amazing - can't wait to see Pacific.....

The Trooper 1815 01 March 2010 03:47 PM

Most of BoB was filmed in the UK. Quite a few of the actors are English as well.

Top film and Bastone is awesome.

Camoscooby 01 March 2010 03:56 PM

If you like SPR, try 'The Thin Red Line' too. It focuses on the war in the Pacific (Guadalcanal). Its a bit more arty farty but some blinding action scenes:thumb:

windyboy 01 March 2010 04:41 PM

I feel asleep and missed the end, did the American's win the war ????

Camoscooby 01 March 2010 06:00 PM

Ha Ha, I admit it starts off a little slow!! :lol1:

The yanks would like to think they won the war for us, but no enemy can defeat the British resolve and stiff upper lip chaps:D:lol1:

Adrian F 01 March 2010 11:58 PM

They may have won the war with their manpower and economic might but without us Europe would either be under a Fascist or Communist dictatorship now, the Americans had to be dragged into the war.

Simon C 02 March 2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 9257264)
Most of BoB was filmed in the UK. Quite a few of the actors are English as well.

Top film and Bastone is awesome.

Most of it round where I lived!!! The amount of nights they kept me awake was unreal. The used ammo list made some impressive reading :eek:

LC Geezer 02 March 2010 10:12 AM

Both are brilliant. None of the glory crap that you usally gets. Shows war as it really is - gruesome, utterly terrifying, mankind at it's worst. I pray to God that my children or future grandchildren never have to particpate in something so horrific. Should be shown to anyone who thinks weopons (especially guns) are all about getting "respect" on the streets.

Gav 02 March 2010 02:45 PM

The best start to a film in history IMO.

I watched it in silence the other night trying to imagine the horrors the soldiers witnessed and what it must have been like:(

unclebuck 02 March 2010 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 9256049)
Saving Private Ryan = Awesome :thumb:

Band of Brothers = Awesome :thumb:

I have high hopes for "The Pacific" coming to Sky Movies on March 14th from the same folk that brought us Band of Brothers! :norty:

HBO: The Pacific: Homepage

Hey, that looks awesome. I'll be in the States on the 14th I wonder if I'll be able to get it in my hotel room.

Cheers for the heads up. :thumb: